Author Topic: characters  (Read 11007 times)

Anti_Parallel95

• View Profile
characters
« on: May 23, 2008, 02:42:15 AM »
soo any new pilots or allies ?

Vergial

• Fleet Admiral Joseph
    • View Profile
characters
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »
Quote from: Anti_Parallel95;100771
soo any new pilots or allies ?

Amazingly, this is something that has come to my mind as well. On one hand, I'm all for original content, new faces, etc. But on the other hand, with a title such as Starfox, I'd kill to see Wolf all over again (I LOVED to hate that guy, he's my fave villain of all time). I fear seeing new faces that will only crush what I've come to expect from Starfox.

But again, as has been stated repeatedly thus far, we have FANS working on this game. I have my trust in them, that they'll do things right.

It doesn't dispel my fear, but the fear is natural after what the COMPANY did to the game.
"You are what you make your life to be. If there is something you don\'t like, change it." ~ Myself

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
characters
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 04:57:15 PM »
Well. I love the original characters, I love them ALL. I also love some fan-made character ASWELL.
I read some fanfiction on fanfiction.net, and some guys created some characters that fit perfectly with the storyline and the universe. So I would say, new characters could be a great idea.

After all, do you guys know where Beltino Toad - the father of Slippy - is from? Fanfictions.
Yes it's true, fans still HAVE the power to change the game! Don't misunderstand me, it's not cause you will create a guy you would like to be in that he will, just for exemple, Beltino, almost everyone was using him even before he was in games.

BTW, YES to original characters, YES to fan-made characters (with some conditions thought XD )
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

D-Mac

• \"Shoot the WALL.\"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.devenmack.com/listing.html
characters
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 12:01:18 AM »
Quote from: Fox's_Feather;100822
After all, do you guys know where Beltino Toad - the father of Slippy - is from? Fanfictions.

Are you positive on this one?
Beltino's first visual appearance was in Assault, but he was actually first mentioned quite a ways back, in the Star Fox 64 Players Guide. o.O
.: Shadows of Lylat: Casting & Voice Director :.
Like shooting spaceships? Go play Project Inthri 3! Super 2D Co-op Action!

Prototype

• Lulzer
    • View Profile
characters
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 03:39:07 AM »
As much as I can understand the desire to have influence in a game, do so too much and you are essentially asking them to give you the reigns.  Sit back and let the painters paint.

Now excuse me as I descend back to lurking.
Facilitator of Understanding

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
characters
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 11:34:22 AM »
Quote from: D-Mac;100846
Are you positive on this one?
Beltino's first visual appearance was in Assault, but he was actually first mentioned quite a ways back, in the Star Fox 64 Players Guide. o.O

I am.
Really, first I don't want to decide of the game, and sure I do let "the painters paint", but we can still have an influence on some minors thing no?

Well, some explanation.
Long time ago, back in the early 90', there was a fansite called Cornerian Mission Base. It was like the biggest StarFox fansite. The webmaster, Dr. Foxbert was publishing fanfictions made by some awesome writers like Theodore Perotti and "Vixendreams". Those, along with many other small fanfiction writers were using the name of Beltino as Slippy's father name. After that, many people started to use it. It did show up then in the StarFox Guide. Well, you are free to think that it was some hazardous thing, but I think myself that the game developpers payed attention to that.
I tend to say that fans have a minor influence on games, and it's not a bad thing. For sure it's not up to us to decide of the storyline or something as big, but small things like secondary characters' name, yes.

I can get the fanfictions where Beltino was used, which were out before the game guide, but it will ask me some time to find them.

Edit: When I talk about influence, it's really a small influence. It's like ALL the fan community must all agree on something to get a few % chance that it show up in game.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 11:41:51 AM by Fox's_Feather »
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Jesse TV

• Patient like a Time Bomb.
    • View Profile
characters
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 02:40:59 AM »
I just have one thing to say. DO NOT BRING PIGMA BACK. I don't want to kill him again. Killed him in SF2 ROM on my computer, Killed him twice in SF64, I think he dies in assault, and I killed him multiple times in Command. His death in command was so unsatisfying, he just drifetd into pieces. No BOOOM! And..... he was a match-the-picture puzzle that could shoot a lazer face at you, have strange unlimited missiles that could just be rolled off, and A strange fire thing, but fire cannot survive in space, due to no air. Ok, gimme time to breath.
We\'re still flying.
 That\'s not much.
 It\'s enough.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
characters
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 02:09:04 PM »
Well, as the plot story for SoL is supposed to be between LylatWars and Adventures/Assault as I remember, why not bringing back Pigma? He is a really interesting character and they could explain how he was brought back to life or something after his crash on Venom, as well as other members of Starwolf, if they ever plan to do that.
Damn the story behind the games is so cool.

Edit: Hey, I know you probably won't answer to keep the secrecy of the story, but still I ask: Will you bring back Fara, Miyu and Fay? Damn those characters are kickass but the devs totally forgot them. It's sad. If you could at least mention them in your game... >< Yes I'm in love with Fara. XD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 02:15:32 PM by Fox's_Feather »

Static_the_Fox

• Wearing a visor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/sonicbrawler
characters
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 06:44:24 PM »
Miyu was one of my faves.  Even though the rest weren't quite my favorites, I'd still like them to make an appearance or to be mentioned as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

takashi

• View Profile
characters
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 02:07:34 AM »
*Waits for a dev answer along the lines of "you'll find out soon when it comes out"

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
characters
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 12:22:12 PM »
Good boy Takashi!

You got the right mind of thinking on that one!

Jesse TV

• Patient like a Time Bomb.
    • View Profile
characters
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 01:57:36 AM »
I agreee with teh poitn on Miyu, the lynx. That'd be a great character to resurrect. Heres a mind twister though. Miyu is from SF2 on SNES. Where does SF2 fit in the storyline? Between SF64 and Adventures? Before or after SoL? Because SF64 is just a remix of the original.
We\'re still flying.
 That\'s not much.
 It\'s enough.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Ar-WingPilot

• A pilot of Ar-Wings
    • View Profile
characters
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 02:38:08 AM »
Quote from: Jesse TV;103892
I agreee with teh poitn on Miyu, the lynx. That'd be a great character to resurrect. Heres a mind twister though. Miyu is from SF2 on SNES. Where does SF2 fit in the storyline? Between SF64 and Adventures? Before or after SoL? Because SF64 is just a remix of the original.

SF2 doesn't take place in Star Fox canon. If it did, chances are you would be seeing Miyu and Fay in the newer games, such as Assault and Command (Command, especially). They were a part of the Star Fox team, anyways. They couldn't of just disappeared.
Yay! I just got 2003 points on Star Fox 64! ;) (By the way, this is without glitches/exploits such as CUS Shots)
http://www.dhmo.org/
Please visit the above site. Inform yourself.

Vergial

• Fleet Admiral Joseph
    • View Profile
characters
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 05:03:36 PM »
Quote from: Ar-WingPilot;103895
SF2 doesn't take place in Star Fox canon. If it did, chances are you would be seeing Miyu and Fay in the newer games, such as Assault and Command (Command, especially). They were a part of the Star Fox team, anyways. They couldn't of just disappeared.

I wouldn't be so sure of it. It was Starfox 2 after all, and if you've seen it you can tell it IS in the storyline. The only problem is that Starfox 2 simply WASN'T. That's it. It was part of the story, it was after the original, but it never happened.

This is why you see many many roms of the 'beta' but never the full game (unless I missed it somewhere).
"You are what you make your life to be. If there is something you don\'t like, change it." ~ Myself

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
characters
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 05:47:29 PM »
Quote from: Vergial;103952
The only problem is that Starfox 2 simply WASN'T. That's it. It was part of the story, it was after the original, but it never happened.
Which is what Ar-WingPilot said. Also, SNES Star Fox is not canon to me either.
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.