Author Topic: Pilot attend  (Read 5357 times)

Smoke_Jaguar

• Read it and weep.
    • View Profile
Pilot attend
« on: May 16, 2008, 12:45:19 AM »
Hey guys! I'm Smoke Jaguar, new to Game Warden and FS2OS and I just wanted to say thanks for supporting this awesome game and taking the time to explain all the tedious steps to take in being able to play a multiplayer game.

I managed that without writing in for help, just because of all the great FAQs you guys put up here. A special thank you goes to Turey installer guru, Karajorma and of course MatthewPapa.

Which brings me to the reason I started this thread: to get to know what players are active and to exchange some opinions about hosting and joining in today's medium. (talking only about FS2OS here)

I may be new, and I may be wrong, but I've seen little activity in active games so I was wondering where are all you guys? It's a shame to see all this work from all these people to not be enjoyed en masse.

Let's talk schedule.

FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.165thbdhr.com
Pilot attend
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:25:09 AM »
Standard gameday is Saturday at either 8 or 9 GMT.  You can find the details posted in the multi forum over at HLP:  http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,135.0.html
FUBAR

Master Drunk of the 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers

Shade

• View Profile
Pilot attend
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 05:18:18 AM »
I should point out that that's mainly concerned with FS2 and not BtRL. You didn't specify which you were playing, but in case of the latter, you have a better chance finding people to play with here than you do on HLP.

Not that the HLP population doesn't play BtRL - they do. It's just that there are a lot of BtRL players who don't play the original FS2 and thus have little reason to leave this forum, and as such there are a lot more BtRL players here than over there :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki\'s FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums / ModDB

Smoke_Jaguar

• Read it and weep.
    • View Profile
Pilot attend
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 01:39:22 AM »
I hear you, but I get the impression this is a ghost town. Nobody's on, even saturday nights.

A shame.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Pilot attend
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 07:02:20 AM »
Not completely. The Saturday games are often busy enough that they have to play Coop or split the game cause they've hit the player limits.

Remember that there is a snowball effect here. The more you turn up to play the more other people will turn up cause they know there is a regular crowd.

Smoke_Jaguar

• Read it and weep.
    • View Profile
Pilot attend
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »
Wise as always karaJ. I try to get on whenever I'm on the net, but really no one's on. And I can host, so no problem there. Since I started the thread I waited and in all this time I've met the same player twice, out of 3 players I saw. Sorry if I come across as :hoppingma but that's the way it's been.

Guess every other space sim fan is playing EVE or some other time consuming "memorpager".

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Pilot attend
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 08:30:29 AM »
Thing is I see a couple of posts a week from new people complaining that there is no multiplayer for the game. If even half of those would turn up for the regular games we'd have a fairly strong multiplayer community within a few months. :)

Smoke_Jaguar

• Read it and weep.
    • View Profile
Pilot attend
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 09:19:52 AM »
I bet you do, but I'm trying to mobilize people here. You up for a game?

colecampbell666

• MP Guy Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.microsoft.com/
Pilot attend
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 11:25:49 PM »
We are on, every Saturday at 9PM GMT. We usually have 8+ players, and we have 3 or 4 new ones every week. I'd suggest checking out this topic, it has all of our game times. Also, there is a growing crowd on Wednesday.
View the multiplayer games calendar at my special topic.