Author Topic: New stuff on HLP...  (Read 3617 times)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
New stuff on HLP...
« on: May 11, 2008, 08:23:10 AM »
Well I don't want another duplicate thread but this is just to let you know thanks to people stepping forward (like Water) I'm starting to get things off my HD that I've collected and sat on for like 5 years.

They are not slated toward any current project and the most I expect is help for 1 ship (at a time). If people want more  stuff released then it's only fair to say please help out in these one shots.

Most just need a modeler to go over them, some need a UV mapper, a few need both. Particulars are posted in each job.

I just had my first release in quite a while (Heru's Cosmo Tiger from Star Blazers) and in fact it was the first time I ever tried blinking lights!

I still need a tutorial on that cause I ran into problems and settled for colors that worked instead of the one I wanted (White). Apparently there is a code or restrictions based on size/type??? it wasn't in the Wiki is the point and we've had these for years.

ANYWAY, I just wanted to let people know the only way to keep momentum is to turn that wheel so if you can please step forward when you see something you want to support in the thread.

Water is helping to finish off the SAAB SA-43 (Hammerhead) and I just posted a teaser of a certain Gundam Capship.

Here is the thread: I've boomarked it for future updates.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53735.0.html

Preview of a SCP updated Cosmo Tiger (By Heru) I only changed some textures, added a shine map, added blinking lights and rearranged fire ponts. Decreased engine glow (This was for retail originally and looked very cartoony).

You can download it from HLP as it's pending on fsmods and HC is down.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

starlord

• View Profile
New stuff on HLP...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 04:29:50 PM »
what's SAAB? looks cool!

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
New stuff on HLP...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 05:29:19 PM »
Space : Above and Beyond. Very cool sci-fi show by the makers of the X-Files. It died a death after season 1 ended which was a huge pity.

Especially worth checking out if you're a nBSG fan as they both have a similar militaristic tone to them unlike shows like B5 or Trek.

starlord

• View Profile
New stuff on HLP...
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 08:03:18 AM »
Hmm, music to my ears.

So there's a project involving those ships? maybe a campaign? that's pretty cool!

Thanks for the info, kara.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
New stuff on HLP...
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »
Don't get too excited. It was an attempt a long time ago and a troubled story so no, no REAL campaign.

If we're really lucky, maybe a "skirmish" type pack in the future...

I decided to take a second look now that I've taken two baby steps forward modding wise (Shine maps and blinky lights).
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

starlord

• View Profile
New stuff on HLP...
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »
A skirmish pack would be nice, and it might give some insights to others.