Poll

Would you welcome the 12 tribes to earth?

es
41 (49.4%)
o
20 (24.1%)
ould help but from a distance
22 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: theorectical Discussion= Do we really want these nutcases coming to earth?  (Read 14759 times)

Lepton

• View Profile
theorectical Discussion= Do we really want these nutcases coming to earth?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 12:48:55 AM »
Quote from: Enki;98116
Well, they have said they want to live there.  That's what.  Probably nuking the planet would be self defeating.

Uh, the Cylons were also rebuilding Caprica City and living there after they nuked the crap out of Caprica.

DarknessKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 12:53:04 AM »
Quote from: Calantyr;98193
Depends how organised they were when they settled the 13 colonies in the first place. Once you make planetfall you have to set up a working colony with just what you have. Shelter, food, sanitation all come first above education etc.

It's been mentioned that the 13 colonies fled some sort of catastrophe on Kobol. Therefore they were not likely to have everything they needed as it was a hurry. That means once planetfall was made they would have to cannibalise their ships etc, similar to what happened at new Caprica but possibly to an even greater degree.

In short, technology regression is bloody likely. Use all your resources just to survive and you'll end up in a dark age you'll have to crawl out of. It's a theme that's been used many times in film, games, and literature, and it's happened enough in real life too.

For example it happened to the Hellenes (the culture the Colonials most closely match) when they migrated into what would become Greece. If I remember correctly a dark age followed after which there were no records where the Greeks 'originally' came from.

Agreed, and also our "13th" ancesters might have lost the tech in a major cataclism on earth (Atlantis?) and had to fled to the other continents were "normal" humans were developing, thus mingling with us and becoming true earthers.:nod: But even IF we still have 13th blood in our veins we wouldnt want these guys all over our planet bringing their major existence problems to add to our own. :pimp:

I stole this sig:biggrin1:

Ishii-kun

• Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 03:19:27 AM »
has anyone seen the discovery special on what would happen if a meteor hit earth like the one that killed the dinosaurs? technological regression happened within a mater of weeks in that scenario (partly due to EM waves destroying all complicated electronic devices) so i would imagine that setting foot on a planet with almost no supplies or anything... you'd regress pretty quick
War is not about dieing for your county, its about making the other guy die for his

All-a-Mort

• Twenty Minuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 08:23:41 AM »
Ok, so technological regression is a possibility, but I seriously hope RDM doesn't go down that route. The 'Ultra advanced' people find primitive 20th/21st century Earth and don't fit in scenario is a little too 'Star Trek' for my taste. Much more interesting would be for them to find a radically different, relatively advanced, human civilisation that isn't pleased to see them...and may not even believe the '13th colony' legend. How much of Earth we see maybe depends on if and when RDM has them find Earth in this final season; will it be earlier on or mid-season allowing for an exploration of what has become of the lost colony, or in the final show, leaving open the possibility of a movie or two to explore the integration/reunification of the colonies?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:30:28 AM by All-a-Mort »

Cl1nt

• Cheesy Oneliner, B1tches.
    • View Profile
    • http://frakturedreality.ismywebsite.com
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 08:55:55 AM »
There will be no 13th colony, just the ancient ruins of a civilisation that pushed itself over the edge.
Or something.

There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality

DarknessKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 10:17:36 AM »
Quote from: Cl1nt;98225
There will be no 13th colony, just the ancient ruins of a civilisation that pushed itself over the edge.

Really hope not for our sake...:)

Cl1nt

• Cheesy Oneliner, B1tches.
    • View Profile
    • http://frakturedreality.ismywebsite.com
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 10:51:14 AM »
When you think about it, it's the only real choice they can make.

edit: At least, until we invent flying bikes.
Or something.

There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality

Nuke

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/nukemod-cos/
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 06:51:19 PM »
just let them have the middle east, i dont think anyone would miss it :D

or arkansas
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:51:52 AM by Nuke »
Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 09:52:33 PM »
Humanity is a screw up, ever since the first recorded battle in human history (battle of Armageddon 1468 BC), there has only been around 268 years of peace, that proves to you, how frakked up as a species we are, we live for war. It seems humans can only get happiness out of knowing they are better off than someone else, not to mention society has people buying things they don’t need, and stuff they don’t really want, just for the sake of buying: you work, you sleep you spend, welcome to 21st century humanity. So why not let a whole extra bunch of polytheistic nutcases join our merry planet of madness.

Who knows, the colonials managed to unite 12 colonies of humans, it took the better half of two thousand years to unite Europe (more or less, the EU).

Maybe the colonials could be a benefit, with Adama threatening to act as Zeus and rain nukes down upon us unless we stop all our petty fighting over land, religion, culture, society, colour or race. It is amazing that we are the only species on the planet that has such a large criteria of why we may kill someone or something.

Granted we have a lot of good honest people on this planet, and throughout history they have shown there worth, character, value and most importantly, their humanity. Something we should all aspire to.

Anyone, we seem to have enough reasons to hate people on the planet, the most common one in the Western World is that of ‘immigrants’. Hmmm wonder would there be a lot of racism towards the colonials cause “these damn foreigners are not even from our planet and are taking all our jobs”  The usual racist tripe that’s spun about foreign nationals.

So in conclusion to my random rant of thoughts, I say sure let them down to visit their disturbed distant cousins, who knows, they might leave and take their chances with the Cylons.

Put a warning beacon when leaving “warning: This planet bites, do not feed the humans”
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Don’t be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

DarknessKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 10:52:33 PM »
Quote from: TESLA;98274
Humanity is a screw up, ever since the first recorded battle in human history (battle of Armageddon 1468 BC), there has only been around 268 years of peace, that proves to you, how frakked up as a species we are, we live for war. It seems humans can only get happiness out of knowing they are better off than someone else, not to mention society has people buying things they don’t need, and stuff they don’t really want, just for the sake of buying: you work, you sleep you spend, welcome to 21st century humanity. So why not let a whole extra bunch of polytheistic nutcases join our merry planet of madness.

Who knows, the colonials managed to unite 12 colonies of humans, it took the better half of two thousand years to unite Europe (more or less, the EU).

Maybe the colonials could be a benefit, with Adama threatening to act as Zeus and rain nukes down upon us unless we stop all our petty fighting over land, religion, culture, society, colour or race. It is amazing that we are the only species on the planet that has such a large criteria of why we may kill someone or something.

Granted we have a lot of good honest people on this planet, and throughout history they have shown there worth, character, value and most importantly, their humanity. Something we should all aspire to.

Anyone, we seem to have enough reasons to hate people on the planet, the most common one in the Western World is that of ‘immigrants’. Hmmm wonder would there be a lot of racism towards the colonials cause “these damn foreigners are not even from our planet and are taking all our jobs”  The usual racist tripe that’s spun about foreign nationals.

So in conclusion to my random rant of thoughts, I say sure let them down to visit their disturbed distant cousins, who knows, they might leave and take their chances with the Cylons.

Put a warning beacon when leaving “warning: This planet bites, do not feed the humans”

LOL!!! Touche there man! but still we are better warriors then them for as you said so eloquently we spent most of our time as a evolved species making it, acording to racism dont take me wrong, i just dont want them here if they dont get their act together, that doesnt mean i wouldnt be the 1st one to vollunteer to the 1st Liberator Division sent to help them fight the cylons, as many honorable men did in the WW2 to help fight Hitler in europe and became legends of freedom and justice.:nod: And dont lose hope yet on Humanity, when bad times come calling its when we are at our best, we are in the word of a good friend of mine, survivors, we are only at our best when impending doom is upon our heads.

Deckard

• eltiT resU motsuC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 12:45:03 AM »
Athenea will always have a bed available here at my home. About the others.. well.. frak them all :D
-
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

Nuke

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/nukemod-cos/
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 01:02:17 AM »
i call dibs on six, though her constant god babel would piss me off, though with the proper application of bondage gear that wouldn't be a problem.
Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind

The Last Templar

• Saul Tigh for President!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 01:28:49 AM »
Quote from: Nuke;98307
i call dibs on six, though her constant god babel would piss me off, though with the proper application of bondage gear that wouldn't be a problem.

God damnit you wench I want a sex for myself.

...I mean, uh, oh dear. Freudian typo.

Ishii-kun

• Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 01:51:48 AM »
relating to TESLA's statement... the main reason for wars today are not racism or religion... its the big corporations... ever wonder where the majority of income from companies like Lockheed or Boeing or Barrett or GM come from? war... from big military contracts... Lockheed makes the F/A 22, Boeing makes the CH 47, Barrett makes all the large weapons like sniper rifles, and GM makes... the Humvee.

we rely on war to keep the economy going... its sad, but true... the only way we can sustain our selves is to continue our own extermination...
War is not about dieing for your county, its about making the other guy die for his

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 02:56:26 AM »
We'll look at their carbon footprint and put them all in prison :D
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]