Author Topic: Season 4 Ep 3 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 7216 times)

Lepton

• View Profile
Season 4 Ep 3 Discussion *Spoilers*
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 06:53:14 AM »
Well,  more trumped up, unprecedented nonsense for effect this week.  Cally was having problems since the nebula??  Who knew??  Answer: They made it up for effect, for mystery, etc, etc.  Killing off Cally is stupid.  No reason to, other than to do it.  Obviously, they decided to make Tory a sadistic nutball so they had to do something to show it, but kill Cally??  Whatever.

And now we are all spinning our wheels thinking, "What can it mean?  What can it all mean??!!"  The answer is nothing.

Do we all remember how they brought Ellen Tigh into the show and were hyping her up as a Cylon?  And what came of that?  Nothing.  She was no Cylon.  She was just some thoroughly screwed up person.  She died like any other human being, except at the hands of her husband of course who just happens to be a Cylon.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 07:11:11 AM »
Quote from: Kyle_K_ski;97851
The low point?  Roslin getting bee-otch slapped in front of the Quorum by Lee.  The whole "gee, isn't it handy that we just happened to come across a Classified file regarding an overhauling of the judicial system just as Lee ("Mr. Righteous Lawyer" if there ever was one) joins" seems like a storyline purely pulled right out of the butt.

Of course I could be wrong on that one too.  Couldn't they think of anything else that would be just a tad less coincidental?  :wtf:

Of course it could be that Zarek has had that document for weeks but lacked the political power to do anything about it and that's why he started putting out feelers to Lee over two weeks ago.

Of course if you're looking for reasons to hate the show you're not going to see that.

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 07:23:37 AM »
Quote from: David cgc;97904
I didn't catch it myself, but I heard there were some familiar constellations in the space scenes. Supposedly, when the baseships all jumped into their ambush, Orion was visible, and the Big Dipper could be seen in the window of the launch tube when Cally was imagining the stars outside.

I wouldn't be able to recognize it. I live near Los Angeles, the only thing in our night sky are helicopters.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 07:29:40 AM »
wow. tori. what a bitch.

i felt real sorry for cally in this episode. It was hard to see her go like that, especially because it was due to a betrayal. I couldnt help but wonder what tori was thinking while she was doing that, but then i remembered that she had seen the loose hatch panel outside of their meeting place and probably came to the assumption that it was because of cally. She was just trying to save her own skin i think.

This episode kept me pretty interested throughout. I was kind of disappointed that more didnt happen. I love how starbuck has turned into a sex hungry lunatic. I wonder what is going to happen to her. I hear some people are saying that she (starbuck) is in fact dead, but I dont know. if she were alive they will have to come up with some kind of bullshit explanation as to how starbuck survived, and how the explosion was just an illusion of some sort. i would say an easier explanation is that she is a cylon imo. The evidence is overwhelmingly against her. I wonder who these 'original programmers' are that were referenced in the last episode, and what impact they may have when the 5th one is revealed. I hope that their master plan isnt as simple as "we decided to teach humans and cylons a lesson, and to live in peace"

As far as plot goes i really dont see where this show is going right now, but for some reason I am just as eager (if not more so) to watch the next episode. There are too many unknowns right now that need to be explained. They might as well make this season an extension of LOST right now. I can only figure that it will all come together later.  All I can say is this had better be a pretty long season if they hope to explain all of that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 07:44:58 AM by MatthewPapa »

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 07:38:50 AM »
Considering how low-key the Galactica Cylons want to stay, That was a real bonehead move by tigh (leaving a note).
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Quiet

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2008, 08:50:58 AM »
Quote from: Lepton;97913
Cally was having problems since the nebula??  Who knew??  Answer: They made it up for effect, for mystery, etc, etc.

Actually, her problems would be caused by Tyrol being distracted since the nebula. That would be the scenes where they were fighting, they pretty much gave you that one. When one party in a relationship is unhappy, the other can suffer as much.

I found this episode a bit disjointed, but its individual parts still made sense. Also, Federation Starship Weapons Locker NCC-1701D made me grin.
Ying tong idle i po

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2008, 10:46:33 AM »
I didn't catch it myself, but I heard there were some familiar constellations in the space scenes. Supposedly, when the baseships all jumped into their ambush, Orion was visible, and the Big Dipper could be seen in the window of the launch tube when Cally was imagining the stars outside.

This is the sort of thing that makes me go, "What are you smoking?" But then I went back and looked and, erm, yep, there it is. At precisely 28:22, you can see Orion behind the basestar (as show in the pic above, although you have to whack the brightness up to see it. The question is, deliberate? Or just the CGI team having a laugh?

To still see Orion with the same shape as from the Earth, they'd have to be within a few dozen light-years of Earth at the maximum.

However, that's not the Big Dipper. Similar pattern but far too small. And the Galactica can't just be far away, the shape of the constellation would distort hugely at distances greater than a few light-years from Earth.
Visit The Wertzone for all your SF&F Needs

newman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2008, 11:16:03 AM »
Haha weapons locker 1701-D.. they could really make those easter eggs less obvious..

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2008, 01:19:02 PM »
I was disappointed with the episode. I kept the faith through the rough patches in S3, and defended the show to death, but now for the first time I'm really, really disappointed. I don't want to get into details, but... damn.

docfu

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2008, 01:53:57 PM »
Face it, BSG has turned into Survivor, they are gonna kill someone off every episode until the season ends now...

Admiral Adama has immunity, so does Lee, and all the cylons(because if they die they just come back...)

(And if you take this post seriously, get a life)

kilo_foxtrot

• Callsign: Sherlock
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2008, 02:15:40 PM »
Is it just me, or was Starbuck's mural a depiction of one of the Ships of Light?
Adama: Stop winking at me, Saul.
Tigh: Gods damn it Bill, that joke was old before we even left New Caprica.

ViP3r

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »
Quote from: kilo_foxtrot;97940
Is it just me, or was Starbuck's mural a depiction of one of the Ships of Light?

I noticed that.

I'm thinking 13th colony or kobol cylons.

Technological advancement far ahead of colonies = Ascention

So the ascended beings have a prime directive limiting contact.

Kara is the incarnation of helping humanity.

Just my guess.But nobody would like that ending.Its likely tho that if kara isnt a cylon wel be seeing shipd of light...

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »
Quote from: Werthead;97930
To still see Orion with the same shape as from the Earth, they'd have to be within a few dozen light-years of Earth at the maximum.

Not really. I just checked in Celestia, and Orion is still recognizable up to about 500 light-years away. So, they're about that far from Earth, at most. If they knew precisely which direction to head, assuming three jumps a day at six lightyears a jump, they'd be just about a month away.
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

newman

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »
Anyone notice the Demetrius? Jury's still out, but I'm leaning towards liking her; there is absolutely no reason why a garbage scow would have to be full of green dirt and grime (as opposed to any other ship; whole purpose of a garbage hauler is to keep the garbage inside the ship), but I guess it looks cool. Though those aft serenity-style-only-smaller engines look bolted on, and don't really work with the rest of the ship's design. But overall, she's cool.
Anyone notice the "attached" raptor on her port side?

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2008, 04:00:53 PM »
Quote from: newman;97947

Anyone notice the "attached" raptor on her port side?

Didn't notice that before, good eye. It looks like the Demetrius has a total of 4 Vipers and 1 Raptor...Starbuck, Anders, Seelix, and the unnamed pilot would fly the Vipers, Helo would fly the Raptor.