Author Topic: Season 4 Ep 3 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 7617 times)

ShadowJester

• Frakjob Pilot
    • View Profile
Season 4 Ep 3 Discussion *Spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 03:34:48 AM »
But there was that entire bit about Cally talking about the nebula - her needing the drugs to stop the nerotic thoughts began around then, or so she said when she was talking to the Doc.  Could also be because of Galen though...

I do still have my doubts about Cally being a cylon - it would draw way too much attention from the fact that there still is that natural hybrid baby if two cylons had a child.

guitarfan01

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 03:37:14 AM »
Ah!  Another thing I enjoyed was the way Starbuck was presented in this episode, kind of like a cross between Captain Bligh (of the HMS Bounty), Captain Nemo (of Jules Verne's Nautilus), and Captain Ahab (of the Pequod).  That's Captain Thrace for you.  Crazy as frack. :D  I look forward to more of that in the next few episodes.

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 03:41:11 AM »
Just remembered...looks like the team has a new ship to model. The Demetrius with added Viper landing pads!

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 03:42:13 AM »
Quote from: ShadowJester;97891
But there was that entire bit about Cally talking about the nebula - her needing the drugs to stop the nerotic thoughts began around then, or so she said when she was talking to the Doc.  Could also be because of Galen though...

I do still have my doubts about Cally being a cylon - it would draw way too much attention from the fact that there still is that natural hybrid baby if two cylons had a child.

I don't believe Cally was a Cylon for any reason, the nebula seemed to have weird effect on more than just the cylons. I also don't think Nicky is the chief's baby.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

HotBagel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 03:45:20 AM »
Quote from: guitarfan01;97892
Ah!  Another thing I enjoyed was the way Starbuck was presented in this episode, kind of like a cross between Captain Bligh (of the HMS Bounty), Captain Nemo (of Jules Verne's Nautilus), and Captain Ahab (of the Pequod).

Shit, i didn't think about that, the way she was standing on that catwalk looking down at them, yelling orders.  She's out to find her white whale.

Quote from: Angreifer
Just remembered...looks like the team has a new ship to model. The Demetrius with added Viper landing pads!

can't wait!  Wonder what it will be like to land on one of them!

Sparky

• Purveyor of Insights
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 03:47:00 AM »
Also, why the hell is Gaeta on the sewer barge when he quite clearly couldn't stand Starbuck, even right after she returned?

Where is Hera?  With her parents on the Demetrious, or in day-care back on Galactica?
(Also, did anyone else notice the pair of Vipers parked on the outside of the ship?:naughty:)

I also noticed that there is an interesting dichotemy between Roslin and Starbuck.  Both play the role of the dying leader trying to find Earth (in that Starbuck already died), and they both seem to be abusing the power that they have, and they both appear to have imminent mutiny on their hands.  Mostly because Kara's become her mother, and Laura can't get over her grudge against Lee.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

CooperHawkes

• NippleNeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 03:49:04 AM »
Quote from: guitarfan01;97892
Ah!  Another thing I enjoyed was the way Starbuck was presented in this episode, kind of like a cross between Captain Bligh (of the HMS Bounty), Captain Nemo (of Jules Verne's Nautilus), and Captain Ahab (of the Pequod).  That's Captain Thrace for you.  Crazy as frack. :D  I look forward to more of that in the next few episodes.

lets hope shes not going to end like Wolf Larsen.
take me out to the black,
tell \'em i ain\'t coming back,
i don\'t care, i\'m still free,
you can\'t take the sky from me

...still waiting for the day when the military recruits their dronepilots out of a group of flightsimgamers...

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 03:55:34 AM »
I can't figure out exactly what Tom Zareck is up to. Any ideas?

ShadowJester

• Frakjob Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 03:57:20 AM »
Why wouldn't Nicky be Galen's child?

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 04:03:52 AM »
Quote from: ShadowJester;97899
Why wouldn't Nicky be Galen's child?

Just a guess, He wasn't in any dreams like hera and there doesn't seem to much focus on him. Maybe Cally got pregnant just before marrying Galen. But like I said it's just a guess.
Also Cally said to Doc Cottle "he hasn't laid a hand on her since he almost broke her jaw" and that she "almost wished he would".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 04:09:31 AM by wiley »

Sparky

• Purveyor of Insights
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 04:13:48 AM »
He is, but in Cally's state, she wasn't thinking about that.  The only things that mattered to her was her child and the fact that her husband was not what she thought he was.  But, I have to agree in part with guitarfan01, that Tori is like the new Six.  Well, not so much Six, as much as she is willingly forming to the known stereotype of a humanoid Cylon; cunning, deceiving, sociopathic, even murderous.  Personaly, I think that the most interesting thing that RDM could do right now, after Tori has murdered Calli, and Tyrol has lost his wife, would be to reveal that the four are just human after all.  Just to show them that even humans are capable of doing things that otherwise unhuman.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

ShadowJester

• Frakjob Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 04:27:55 AM »
And what, All Along the Watchtower was just something they picked up through the fillings in their teeth?

Also, what Cally meant that he hasn't laid a hand on her was that Galen hasn't hit her since the jaw incident, not sex.  She just wants him to show some feeling, be it good or bad.

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 05:34:13 AM »
I didn't catch it myself, but I heard there were some familiar constellations in the space scenes. Supposedly, when the baseships all jumped into their ambush, Orion was visible, and the Big Dipper could be seen in the window of the launch tube when Cally was imagining the stars outside.
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

guitarfan01

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2008, 05:38:24 AM »
I don't think Cally would have been so manic to kill herself and Nicky if he wasn't Tyrol's child.  It appeared to me that her suicidal and infanticidal (and Tyrol-cidal) impulse was triggered not only by the haze of drugs she had imbibed in, but the horror of realizing her baby was half-Cylon, as well as that she herself had fallen in love with (and been sexually sullied by) a Cylon.  The way she seems to hate Cylons, the realization would have been quite similar to that of the protagonist of Rosemary's Baby.  So I believe that Cally, at least, believed Nicky to be the natural son of herself and Galen.

BTW, every time you guys post something about Galen Tyrol, for a half second I think you're talking about me (as Galen is my first name as well): "Wait, I never married Cally and I would never hit a girl -- oh right."

THE Phreak

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2008, 06:20:26 AM »
Quote from: David cgc;97904
I didn't catch it myself, but I heard there were some familiar constellations in the space scenes. Supposedly, when the baseships all jumped into their ambush, Orion was visible, and the Big Dipper could be seen in the window of the launch tube when Cally was imagining the stars outside.

WHAT