Author Topic: Season 4 Ep 3 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 7620 times)

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
Season 4 Ep 3 Discussion *Spoilers*
« on: April 18, 2008, 03:04:40 PM »
Whoooooooooooooo

What an episode,

I cant believe they actually blew up Galactica, thats crazy, what they going to do for the rest of the show??

lol, only kidding as you well know, :D
thought id be the first get the thread going, as tonight some shall watch, hopefully another great episode of BSG!!! ;)
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

Prutus

• Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 04:47:26 PM »
Well, you fraked me out. I just read the first lines, and then started to look for some trailer where you might have found that. I didnt found any clips, and came back to read the rest...

Dont do it again ok? enough freak outs for me. =D

Kyle_K_ski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »
Cali's the last skinjob.

Here's why:
Spoiler
Rumor has it that the last skinjob will be a duplicate.  Cali's bad dreams or whatever they're called started when they reached the nebula.  Perhaps she had a damaged "All Along the Watchtower" receptor, so the Cylon-magnetic-Dylan effect didn't have its full effect on her.  I was more than a little surprised to see her regain consciousness so quickly after being knocked back several meters (in fact, it looks to me like she wasn't knocked out at all).  I predict that even though the episode ended with us staring at a frosted up Cali, that if said rumor is true, that the duplicate skinjob will be her.

Of course I could be wrong.

The high points for me were all of the Cylon bits, minus the horribly cgi bloody rag that the one Centurian was mopping up with, and Cali getting knocked back several meters in the airlock.  

The low point?  Roslin getting bee-otch slapped in front of the Quorum by Lee.  The whole "gee, isn't it handy that we just happened to come across a Classified file regarding an overhauling of the judicial system just as Lee ("Mr. Righteous Lawyer" if there ever was one) joins" seems like a storyline purely pulled right out of the butt.

Of course I could be wrong on that one too.  Couldn't they think of anything else that would be just a tad less coincidental?  :wtf:

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 08:02:32 PM »
Quote from: Kyle_K_ski;97851
The low point?  Roslin getting bee-otch slapped in front of the Quorum by Lee.  The whole "gee, isn't it handy that we just happened to come across a Classified file regarding an overhauling of the judicial system just as Lee ("Mr. Righteous Lawyer" if there ever was one) joins" seems like a storyline purely pulled right out of the butt.

Of course I could be wrong on that one too.  Couldn't they think of anything else that would be just a tad less coincidental?  :wtf:

Everything that hasn't been fully set up in a previous episode follows that pattern, for every TV show ever written. If I followed that logic very few criminals would ever be caught in TV dramas because I hardly ever see the cops actually leave the donut shop.

If a viewer cannot accept that there are things the writers have hatched weeks, months or years ago as future reveals then there is no point in viewing.  Part of that acceptance is accepting that the "TV world" exists continuously outside of the scenes shown on the screen.  We the viewer only get pre-selected glimpses into that world, and those glimpses are chosen specifically because they drive the story line.  

That necessarily makes many of those glimpses seem coincidental.  Fact is it isn't coincidental, it was planed all along.  At the the outline level Lee was going to be a lawyer and in the Quorum, and this just happened to be a very plausible way to push part of the arc forward in a short amount of time.

No great levels of "no frakking way could that have happened" because it violates some basic law of nature or life.  It just follows very typical TV drama patterns of extraordinary thing happening to the same people over and over again.  Because following real life and having those things happen to dozens of dozens of independent people does nothing to get a viewer emotionally involved in the characters and involved in a coherent plot.

It is not possible to do episodic drama in any other fashion.  For any show.

Calantyr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 09:52:50 PM »
How many times have the lead characters survived a life and death situation against overwhelming odds?

Yeah. Coincidences happen in TV. It's either that or watch an episode where all that happens is the deck crew wash down Vipers. Weee.

dentsinger

• earth is a hoax
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/msoutherland
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 10:17:49 PM »
A good spoiler is re-watching RAZOR.

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 11:29:56 PM »
An awesome revelation for season 4 is season 3's "now I know" issues is "The Eye of Jupiter" & "Rapture"
If Rosilyn was really as concerned as she was over the baby hybrid, why wasn't she facing them with alternatives for getting the baby back? Just easier to let it all go away? What a hypocrite.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 11:37:05 PM by KewlToyZ »
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ShadowJester

• Frakjob Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 03:04:52 AM »
Who else has troubles believing they spaced Cally unless she's a Cylon?  This is just getting too epic...I'm having way too much trouble waiting for the next episode.

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 03:12:58 AM »
How many times have the lead characters survived a life and death situation against overwhelming odds?

Yeah. Coincidences happen in TV. It's either that or watch an episode where all that happens is the deck crew wash down Vipers. Weee.

Is Cally gonna be the one washing down the vipers and will she be scantily clad while doing so??? If so that would be a good show but I think that is highly unlikely to happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always outnumbered never outgunned...

guitarfan01

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 03:15:48 AM »
OMG CALLY IZ DED!  I always thought she was cute, and since Galen is my name too, I've always had a soft spot for Chief Tyrol.  And it turns out Tory's the new Caprica-Six ca. the Fall of the Colonies when it comes to bitchiness/evil/heartlessness.

I've never hated a single character on this show (always loved the way that every character has a reason for his or her actions), but I hate Tory now.  She's gone completely psychopathic, using the fact that she's a Cylon as a justification for anything (she's a Cylon, and they're not, and therefore she's superior and is worth more).  That's called psychopathy (or sociopathy).

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 03:18:21 AM »
I kind of thought it was relying on that whole moment.
Was like watching a tragic French Vogue cologne commercial.

The 6's honestly weren't seeing the Cavil's bringing this?
c'mon this is just getting too fruity.
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 03:19:40 AM »
"Oh my gods! They killed Cally! You BASTARDS!"

I honestly felt sad when that happened...I had essentially spoiled myself when Kara blew up, even though I still felt a twinge of emotion seeing her Viper get ripped to shreds. But with Cally...she's been with us since the beginning. It's like losing a close friend. I hope she doesn't get brought back though; having her truly die would be poetic.

As for the Cylons...they're just a mess, aren't they? Gotta hand it to the Cavils, they're crafty bastards. They even had me buying that whole "We got out voted" line. They're living up to their reputation for being fiendish robots at least. So I guess the real question is, how are the 6's, 8's, and 2's gonna get out of this one?

And Lee is once again going against the grain. I get the feeling he showed his hand too soon though...he should have sat on the classified info a bit longer, and brought it out when Roselyn overstepped herself a bit more. The look on Zarek's face kind of said the same thing, I think. I'm thinking we're going to see the potential for a renewed martial law...depending on how much of a tyrant Roselyn really is.

All in all, another great episode in my opinion; the show isn't holding any punches, and I really like this feeling of being not quite sure what's happening, like events are moving very quickly. Gives a sense of urgency that was missing in season 3.

HotBagel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 03:26:41 AM »
Quote from: Kyle_K_ski;97851
Cali's the last skinjob.

The high points for me were all of the Cylon bits, minus the horribly cgi bloody rag that the one Centurian was mopping up with

god I had no idea what the hell that was.  First I thought it was a piece of flesh till they showed what the centurian was doing with it.

As for Cali being the last skin job, I doubt it.  I think she's the first of many main characters that are going to get killed off throughout this final season.  And why is it such a surprise?  Remember the rest of the pit crew she was with?  They all got plucked off during the previous two seasons and they still didn't come back.  

Hell I'd prefer to see Billy come back and greet Roslin, but I doubt the writers are going to bring back any long dead charaters.  Think about it, the cylons would then already KNOW who the final one is if they had already died.  I think the last one is in the fleet, and is one of the main characters, maybe even Roslin or Capt. Adama despite RDM spreading the rumor they are certainly human.

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 03:30:05 AM »
Does anyone else see a colonial / Cylon alliance coming?
Starbuck and friends discovered by Cavil and friends, then rescued by Natalie and friends. Or some truce proposed by Natalie and friends.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

TripRussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.c2r-3.us
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 03:32:27 AM »
Quote from: wiley;97888
Does anyone else see a colonial / Cylon alliance coming?
Starbuck and friends discovered by Cavil and friends, then rescued by Natalie and friends. Or some truce proposed by Natalie and friends.
I can see that one coming, too.  I surmise Natalie and friends are going to hop on Starbuck's.... ship.