Author Topic: Season 4 Ep 2 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 6028 times)

Turey

• Diaspora Speed Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fsoinstaller.com
Season 4 Ep 2 Discussion *Spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 06:19:07 AM »
Quote from: Angreifer;97029
What's more amusing than Baltar? Two Baltars talking to each other. Absolutely classic.

That was my favorite part of the episode. I was laughing so hard.
"fighting for the survival of humanity is supposed to be hard." - Josh_88
Get FreeSpace Open here.
what kind of fucking 11 y.o. wannabe leet hacker made that unbelievable stupid, kiddish, awkward and whatsoever socalled \'updater\', which made me laugh at first and then cry and cry .. and now I wish to kill someone\'s parents [and then kill myself, ofcourse]. Any clue?
        Hello! That would be me.

blowfish

• n00b in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 06:20:27 AM »
Baltar has truly reached a new level of insanity. (or god is talking to him or something...)
No matter how much experience I get, I will always be a n00b at heart.

Earth Defense — Join Us!

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 06:34:28 AM »
Looks like the Cylons are in for civil war and perhaps the colonials will have a batch of raiders and centurions of their own.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Lepton

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 06:43:28 AM »
I don't know who is doing the writing this season but the dialog is awful and acting is about a match for that.  This episode has none of the crispness of even episodes in the first season when one might have expected things to be less settled.  Scenes that would have been handled simply with a few words are now spilling over and bloated. While some of the plot developments are interesting, I think the show has totally gone off the rails.  And the Baltar/Baltar thing is just the next installment of the writers jumping the shark.  I remember when this show was dry, dark, and atmospheric.  Now, it's overwrought, silly, and downright nonsensical.

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 06:53:37 AM »
Quote from: Lepton;97045
I don't know who is doing the writing this season but the dialog is awful and acting is about a match for that.  This episode has none of the crispness of even episodes in the first season when one might have expected things to be less settled.  Scenes that would have been handled simply with a few words are now spilling over and bloated. While some of the plot developments are interesting, I think the show has totally gone off the rails.  And the Baltar/Baltar thing is just the next installment of the writers jumping the shark.  I remember when this show was dry, dark, and atmospheric.  Now, it's overwrought, silly, and downright nonsensical.

This sounds like a review of The Sarah Jane Adventures.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Herra Tohtori

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 09:17:38 AM »
Enjoyable episode in my opinion. A lot of information was disclosed, too. Centurions and Raiders first and foremost... I can't help but wonder what the Centurions' role will be in further episodes. If I'm not much mistaken, they are now on the same level as they were in the First Cylon War, so to whom do their allegiance belong to, and what motivates them?

Will they work for the three skinjobs that were against lobotomizing the Raiders? Or will they have their own agenda (to destroy humans? if not, what?) and they will only work with any skin jobs as long as their agendas match?

And what's up with the "no hurting their own", clearly the Centurions don't have much qualms about hurting the three skinjob models... although they did "hurt" the Raiders first.

Equipping a separate (volunteer-based) survey team to find a way to Earth based on Starbuck's gut feeling was, of course, the immediate solution to the dilemma of finding out what Starbuck's Adventure was about, without risking the safety of the whole fleet. Glad to see they finally figured it out...

Although, I so want to see Eddie Olmos say "It's a Trap!" in the Combat Information Center at least once in the series... :lol:

Questions answeres, and just as many answers questioned. I've liked the two episodes so far, and I don't agree with Lepton's analysis of acting and dialogue being weaker than before... different perhaps, but they have worked for me thus far. Though some of the dialogue was a bit hard to hear for some reason in this episode. Might be that English is not my native language.

docfu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 11:21:10 AM »
Ok, here is how I look at the first two episodes of the season:

Episode One: The writers realized they really frakked up their show from the end of season two through season three, they decided to have everyone in the series go ballistic(especially Starbuck) because its exactly what they felt when they realized they were stupid enough to have listened to their sponsors on how to write the show(being that they wrote a bunch of standalone episodes.)

Episode Two:

The director, played by Adama, realized he really frakked up killing off Starbuck then bringing her back, he's desperately trying to believe he had some kind of plan in all of this, but realizes he really can't justify what he did.

The producer/sponsors are played by Roslin who keeps reminding Adama that miracles actually don't happen and if he goes against her will she'll cut off his booze/funding (and his source of booty.)

The Cylon meeting is actually what happened in a meeting of the writers of the show. Half of the writers want to stick to the formula show the way it was originally made, the other half are getting sick of the same old bullshit and want to shake things up before the last episode. I'm not sure what happened in real life but the cylons slaughtered each other so it must've been a pretty good smiting.

Finally we have the actors/rest of the people who have no say about what happens in the show, played by everyone in the show and are either:

A. Like the revealed Four, trying to figure out just what the frak is going on.

or

B. Realize that God is pulling all the frakking strings and that they are helpless so they keep frakking the night away (aka Baltar and his harem.)

I wonder what episode 3 will have...

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »
If you really believe that RDM killed Starbuck and then realised he'd made a mistake only two episodes later and brought her back I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you. :p

Quote from: Angreifer;97013
(sorry Kara, so much for your numbering theory :D).

Actually it still holds to a degree. There are four numbers all next to each other and one apart from the rest.

It's also worth pointing out that every single sleeper has been in the last 6 somewhere. The other Cylon agents in the fleet knew what they were.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 12:02:44 PM by karajorma »

newman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 12:23:44 PM »
Great episode, season 4 is really starting out great. Gotta love the poetic justice at the end - have your own Cylon revolt, bitches :)

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 03:59:54 PM »
[spoiler]Based on the preview of Episode 3, I'm thinking the Centurions are going to side with the three that were against lobotomizing the Raiders. There was a brief clip where a 6 instructed a Centurion to do something, and then appended the command with a "please". And kudos to the in-house team, because I swear that Centurion managed to look surprised.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Sorry boss, thought because the preview was essentially part of the episode that it belong here. Wont do it again though.

Oi! Trailer comments go in either spoiler tags or the 4x03 discussion thread! - Karajorma
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 06:07:47 PM by Angreifer »

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »
Quote from: Angreifer;97087
[spoiler]Based on the preview of Episode 3, I'm thinking the Centurions are going to side with the three that were against lobotomizing the Raiders. There was a brief clip where a 6 instructed a Centurion to do something, and then appended the command with a "please". And kudos to the in-house team, because I swear that Centurion managed to look surprised.[/spoiler]

Will be interesting to see how Deanna ( the boxed 3 ) will fit into all this.
I guess they will unbox her now, and since she's the one who is trying to find out who the final five are, i think she will side with the "rebells" ( 8,6,2 ).

Is it just me or does it looks like Cally is gonna die, because she discovered the true identity of the final 4 ( 3, from the trailer it didn't look like chief Tyrol was there )? Ey, pitty...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 04:16:33 PM by karajorma »

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2008, 04:15:33 PM »
Not only did she overhear three of the four, it seems she overheard them saying that Tyrol was also a Cylon.

And it is Cally. As I saw on another forum, she was probably voted "Most likely to die with her husband in a murder/suicide" in high school.
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2008, 04:18:29 PM »
Next person to post a spoiler from the trailer gets a week off. I'm fucking livid at some of the thoughtlessness shown by the last 3 posts.

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 04:20:37 PM »
Quote from: blowfish;97037
We have no reason to believe that they were boxed in the first place.

And I think you're looking too hard at the order of that list.

I agree, I don't think they were the ones boxed.  Leoben spoke of them reverentially, mentioning them as if they were ancient beings "What their eyes must have seen.  Witnessed over time."

The Hybrid mentioned a new group of eight and cutting the fuze, they will not harm their own.  That might be the Twos, Threes, Sixes and Eights, plus the current four of the final five being the biological future. Which would also explain the increased dimensionality reference for evolution. The fuze I think references removing the Centurions inhibitors so that the others may not harm their own.

And Wow!  The Cavil line is a blunt instrument for all that it believes about it's brain. Not to mention perverted and fatally obsessed with Boomers breasts.   But the Sixes.  Holy. Fried. Monkey. Testicles. Batman.   That is a level of cold, calculated, ruthless, I don't play fair I win--see if you scorn this bitch again attitude seldom seen.  An atomically sharp scalpel severing the rotten head of control from the Cylon fleet in one smoothly delivered phrase.  I thought Leoben believed, but he's a mere altar boy compared to how Six Believes.

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 04:22:48 PM »
If they are all Cylons then Starbuck isn't the final Cylon :D

Something like "She will lead Humanity to their doom, she is not to be trusted" was what the Hybrid had said.
I'm curious how that is going to be worked into all of this.
I'm glad they decided to do the smart thing and actually send out a team to go with Kara to seek Earth.

With Baltar being quite mad now, Schitzophrenic to say the least,
he will be the key figure for some really interesting turns in the entire outcome.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 04:29:38 PM by KewlToyZ »
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]