Author Topic: Season 4 Ep 2 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 22197 times)

All-a-Mort

• Twenty Minuter
    • View Profile
Season 4 Ep 2 Discussion *Spoilers*
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2008, 08:45:28 AM »
Anybody think that the Six's, Two's and Eight's will try to 'unbox' the Three's? If memory serves they were boxed because of their obsession with the Final Five. If the 'rebel' Cylons are now of the same mind to investigate the Final Five then would they wake the Three's up?

Has it ever been said what exactly a 'skinjob' is? Are we talking 'Terminator' like flesh over a metal skeleton, or just a cloned human body with lots of implants? And what would the Cylon-hybrid children be like...more like baseline-Human? The whole human-machine reproduction aspect needs explaining I reckon. I wonder because, Fairchild's theory is interesting. Are the humans in fact human at all, or are the (now) humans just the result of the skinjobs' evolution into them, over time becoming less and less mechanical, until they aren't really Cylons anymore with the whole thing occurring again and again?

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »
It looks like the previews have the episodes delving into these details as they figure out the final five are already in the fleet.
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

docfu

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
Yeah, I can see it now:

"Every man gets a six, a three or an eight...or any combination of the above."

This is right up there with Dr. Strangelove and the "10 women for every man, and of course they'd have to be attractive to the men otherwise breeding would not occur..."

And the slogan would run something like:

"The cylons were created by man...and uh...make love not war..."

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2008, 06:43:07 PM »
Something tells me 1 real woman is more than eough pain for one man to handle, 10 Cylon femme fatale's and your pretty much toast for the toasters :D
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kristofori

« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2008, 07:33:54 PM »
Quote from: All-a-Mort;97584
And what would the Cylon-hybrid children be like...more like baseline-Human? The whole human-machine reproduction aspect needs explaining I reckon.

If memory serves me correctly, I believe somewhere in the first or second (2.0) seasons something is mentioned about the skinjob cylons were investigating reproducing through procreation; they had attempted too but never succeeded, which is why they sent Athena Eight down to Caprica to replace Boomer Eight to seduce Helo, purely as an experiment.  They said that the key ingredient they were missing was Love.  Well, their experiment worked, and produced Hera.

Another interesting thing to think about, considering we see Caprica Six's spine glow just like Athena Eight does with Helo; if Caprica Six wasn't taken out by the nuclear blast, she probably would've gotten pregnant by Gaius.  I'm assuming this is why Head Six is always referring to pre-birth Hera as her's and Gaius' child?  Some sort of craziness because their child was killed when Caprica Six died in the blast, so they're referring to Hera, another half-human half-cylon child, as their own child by proxy?

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2008, 08:41:53 PM »
Well I always figured Caprica Six (as well as the whole line) was just a complete wack job.

Despite numerous times, I think Gaius only challenged her and "God's plan" once and she instantly went into bitchy overlord mode punishing him. Someone's obviously been in denial for years. The Cylons really needed to make a psychologist model methinks... :)

Now that she's in the brig in chains I'd glady taunt her, "It's not your child toaster! She already has two biological parents who lover her and will raise her properly without your delusions, thank you..."

Muhahaha, imagines SIX foaming at the mouth and calling me names like infidel and heathen...

I swear just before that one chick held up the device I thought the Centurions were gonna part and you see THREE stroll in (miss me?) with a big smile on her face. That would have been the shit.

Cavil stammers, "That the frak are you doing here?"

Diana: "First thing the Centurions did when they heard what was going on was unbox me. WE decided we have a few grievances with you, but don't worry, they came up with a suggestion... Die!"

Bullet heads rip into them...
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »
Quote from: Star Dragon;97641
Now that she's in the brig in chains I'd glady taunt her, "It's not your child toaster! She already has two biological parents who lover her and will raise her properly without your delusions, thank you..."

Muhahaha, imagines SIX foaming at the mouth and calling me names like infidel and heathen...

Her response would probably be "What?!" given that it was head-six who said that not Caprica Six.

ghaleon

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2008, 05:42:01 AM »
Just watched the episode tonight (taped it last Friday).

By the way, did anybody else notice that the Mk VII in the hangar while Apollo was getting a salute was certainly a Maelstrom variant? I think it's the first Maelstrom life-sized prop we've seen.

Also, Lee and Dee seemed pretty cold to each other in that scene.

Also, I think the special effects are getting better with every episode. The centurions looked a lot better than in Razor, and I think their new more-plastic-than-metallic style actually looks better than the original version. Clips of the fleet are looking good. It looks like the ultra-bright ambient lighting was just an Ionian Nebula thing, and won't be there all the time. So that doesn't bug me anymore either.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying season four so far.

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »
Starbuck came back the same, but her viper was new. Maybe her viper is a Cylon.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Asraniel

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2008, 10:33:48 AM »
Well it's easy.

IF she found earth, then there where people living there, we know that.
Probably they built her a new viper, and made her forget most of what she saw.

newman

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2008, 10:55:22 AM »
Quote from: Asraniel;97829
Well it's easy.

IF she found earth, then there where people living there, we know that.
Probably they built her a new viper, and made her forget most of what she saw.

Sure, they just happened to have a full set of mkII engineering blueprints, and the production line set up to make it (even though they never should have been able to see this ship at all up until then). She was gone for two months. That's just not enough time to reverse-engineer a complex piece of hardware like a space fighter, and then build a new one from scratch, I don't care how tech savvy you are. You'd be lucky if you could make a full set of engineering blueprints in that time, using just the ruined Kara's ship as a reference, let alone come up with a production line and specialized tools to build her. And that's just for the mechanical parts, without mentioning avionics, software, etc. without which any fighter is just a useless bunch of metal.
Nope, the explanation for the new viper will have to be a new one. If they even try to explain that the earthlings built this thing in two months, it'll suck, badly, mainly because it will either involve the unbelievable "they built it" explanation, or the mystical magical one, both prospects don't seem that hot to me.
What I'm wondering is, don't these things have serial numbers? Almost every part should have one, which should enable the flight crew to at least try and piece together where the frak this thing came from. It would at least be a start, as opposed to just saying "nav computer's wiped" and abandoning any further investigation. I'd expect a full forensic investigation involving a team of experts going over every nut and bolt with a fine tooth comb. They have the personell.. the deck gang, even that aeronautical engineer (Laird?) from Pegasus... use them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 11:02:43 AM by newman »

Fairchild

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2008, 02:12:15 PM »
Tech savy is one thing. More advanced is another. It is quite reasonable to say if they were more advanced, that they could build one based on what it looked like, or if they used to make them.
For instance even now it is not that far from having something to building one with rapid prototyping equipment in the actual material it needs to be made.

I do agree that the software problem would have to be sorted out, but perhapes it just "looks like" the old software. Kind of like how xp can emulate 98.
It will interface, but if you dig deeper, the code is different. Not that hard to imagine since I doubt most of the ships would be fly by wire, less the cylon hack into it and cause all the ships to go whacky.

Back to my theory. I have some new points.
Since they can genetically alter themselves, imagine if when they chose to integrate with the "humans" that they change their looks.
The "Final five" are the last set of cylons skin jobs that decided to stay true to form.
The number changes each time the cycle happens, but the last set stay as they were.
They do some genetic alteration to allow themselves to age but more slowly. then brain wipe themselves until the cycle comes back.
There are a few holes, but it kind of rounds out.

SFM Hobbes

• My coffee tastes funny
    • View Profile
    • http://www.scifi-meshes.com
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2008, 03:01:26 PM »
Quote from: ghaleon;97818
Just watched the episode tonight (taped it last Friday).

By the way, did anybody else notice that the Mk VII in the hangar while Apollo was getting a salute was certainly a Maelstrom variant? I think it's the first Maelstrom life-sized prop we've seen.

It most certainly was not.  The physical mk 7 model is not the maelstrom variant.  Screengrabs from the episode confirm it.  The maelstrom variant's wings are not one smooth contour as can be seen here.  I can also confirm it with proof that I was actually there.

Ajax

• Disgruntled Bartender
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2008, 06:48:40 PM »
Quote from: newman;97830

What I'm wondering is, don't these things have serial numbers? Almost every part should have one, which should enable the flight crew to at least try and piece together where the frak this thing came from. It would at least be a start, as opposed to just saying "nav computer's wiped" and abandoning any further investigation. I'd expect a full forensic investigation involving a team of experts going over every nut and bolt with a fine tooth comb. They have the personell.. the deck gang, even that aeronautical engineer (Laird?) from Pegasus... use them.

they would probably find they all match for mysitc reasons lol. that or every number starts or ends with 666 :o

from what i understood the tyrol said it was the same viper and it wasn't, from what he could tell it was the viper she left in but was completely repaird as if she got it from the frist cylon war

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2008, 08:05:45 PM »
yes.  Tyrol mentioned it was the same tail number and that ~the parts checked out~ or something to that effect.