Author Topic: Season 4 Ep 2 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 6050 times)

Canadian

• View Profile
Season 4 Ep 2 Discussion *Spoilers*
« on: April 12, 2008, 03:05:37 AM »
So... raiders refuse to fight, centurions now have freewill. Did not see that coming.

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 03:08:35 AM »
So far, Season 4 is starting out very strong. Baltar's seeing Head Baltar now, Starbuck gets her own ship to take back to Earth. And, most importantly in my opinion, the very thing the Cylons were trying to prevent is happening; their own machines are revolting. And we now know the Cavils are the 1's (sorry Kara, so much for your numbering theory :D).

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 03:08:43 AM »
Baltar is totally mad.
I just don't see any future for him but meds and long sleeved jackets.
Of course he was nuts, but now he is a friutloop.
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 03:10:26 AM »
The Cavils would seem to be at forefront of Human annihilation.
Just curious if the Centurions will change their minds and go flat out after the humans now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 03:13:39 AM »
I think the Centurions have some issues of their own to work out...you know, the whole new-found-sentience thing.

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 03:16:01 AM »
I'm curious, I haven't seen one scene about Boomer & Helo's daughter Hera?
But they are both staring at the Chief holding a knife at the last supper image.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 04:18:58 AM »
Its a good thing that Galactica's booze supplies didn't suffer like the food supply did!
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Sparky

• Purveyor of Insights
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 04:21:33 AM »
Quote from: Angreifer;97013
And, most importantly in my opinion, the very thing the Cylons were trying to prevent is happening; their own machines are revolting.

Well of course.  Have you ever gotten close enough to smell one? :lol:

I missed part of the dialogue between Baltar & Baltar (Sounds like it would make a great law firm, by the way; could give Lampkin a run for his money.), but as I understood what was said, it sounded like Head Six was actually Head Baltar in disguise the whole time.  It was this that reminded me of a bizarre hypothetical question I pondered recently.  If you build a time machine, go back in time and meet yourself (or in this case, encounter an imaginary version of yourself projected by your subconcious), and then decide to have sex with yourself, does that count as gay sex, or just high-tech masturbation?  Because either way, Baltar's been doing it with himself from day one.  :wtf:

Not to mention all those times six talked about having babies.:wtf::wtf:

Not that I'm building a time machine in my basement or anything like that...

:nervous:
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 04:47:21 AM »
I don't think Head Baltar is Head Six. Baltar asked Head Balter, "Are you number 6 in disguise?" and it responded something like "Why would I need to disguise myself?" So, the message to me was, they're two seperate entities.

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 04:49:18 AM »
Quote from: Sparky;97026

it sounded like Head Six was actually Head Baltar in disguise the whole time.

Quite the opposite, actually. Baltar asked Head-Baltar if he was just Head-Six in some sort of disguise, and Head-Baltar pointed out reasonably that Head-Six has no logical reason to need to disguise herself from Baltar, before turning the conversation back to Tory. Also, Head-Baltar's personality seemed different than Head-Six's, but was a good match for Caprica-Six's Head-Baltar's personality, which seems to suggest that the two of them are seeing the same Head-Baltar. Which leads me to wonder if and when Head-Six and Caprica-Six will meet.

I loved that Baltar's reaction to seeing a new invisible person giving him advice was not surprise, but exasperation. At this point, I'm beginning to think nothing can shock him any more. Back in "Home, Part II," Baltar almost had an infarction just because Head-Six washed her make-up off, and now he just shrugs off the fact that he now has an invisible doppelgänger. It goes along with his panicky speech in "A Measure of Salvation," (yes, I should've told you about the artifact, but I was worried you'd think I meant for it to happen, which you do think, so I guess I was right...) where he's realized the sort of things fate puts him through, and he's just sort of going with it at this point,
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 04:53:29 AM »
Quote from: David cgc;97028

I loved that Baltar's reaction to seeing a new invisible person giving him advice was not surprise, but exasperation.

What's more amusing than Baltar? Two Baltars talking to each other. Absolutely classic.

Slamscape

• callsign: Slamscape
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 04:57:52 AM »
You know RDM put in the lines about the numbering to make all the fans happy. Now we pretty much have the order and final cylon numbers

1. Cavil
2. Leoban
3. D'anna
4. Simon?
5. Doral?
6. Caprica..etc
7. Final 5
8. Sharon
9. Final 5
10. Final 5
11. Final 5
12. Final 5

FusionStorm

• This is my BOOMSTICK!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 05:06:00 AM »
You know what would be funny, if the final cylons aren't cylons at all, just the humans that created them and made modifcations to themselves. The could have repressed their memory.

Although this is coming from a guy who hasn't watched an episode in years.
Four Score and so many months ago, us cylons kicked your colonial butts.

Want to learn Truespace 3.2?: My Tutorial

Sparky

• Purveyor of Insights
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 05:47:46 AM »
I hadn't thought about the order 'till now.  Anybody notice that there seems to be a distinct pattern?

Firstly, all but one of the five are at the very end of the list.  The one that isn't is only seperated from the other final 5 by the Sharons.

Secondly, the seven appear that they could be ordered by apparent age, although it's hard to tell.  The Five are a different bag altogether.

Thirdly, it seems to me that their numbering seems to coincide with their devotion to one thing or another.
  The Cavils are obsessed with themselves, narcisitic even.
  The Leobens are the most spiritual, listening for God the the words of hybrids.
  The D'annas are perhaps the most militant, although Baltar "broke them, so to speak, so the entire line got boxed.  You did see the tiniest hint of doubt in her before New Caprica, when she was trapped with Caprica, boomer, and Anders.  She was about to kill him when she exclaims, "God loves me!", even if somewhat nervously, as if she was desperatly trying to reaffirm her faith.
  We typicaly don't see much of the Simons, but he did agree to give information to the colonials in exchange for medicine in A measure of Salvation, suggesting that he might be less of a diehard than some of the others.
  Doral was a hard liner for the most part, but again, he seemed to have no qualms about being saved from the Virus.  Also back in Seasin One, we see him talking to a Six about love, and he seemed almost misty eyed about the idea of feeling emotions like a Human.
  Six: need I say more?  They Feel emotions, they disagree with each other and this episode portayed just how divisive they can be with the other models.
  Sharon is probably the most insecure of the Seven.  They have not one, but two traitors among them (If you count this episode).  Even the Head Six claimed that her model was weak.

And I think that the Final Five's relative position on the list says even more, perhaps indicating the reason they were boxed in the first place?
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

blowfish

• n00b in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 06:12:33 AM »
We have no reason to believe that they were boxed in the first place.

And I think you're looking too hard at the order of that list.
No matter how much experience I get, I will always be a n00b at heart.

Earth Defense — Join Us!