Author Topic: Season 4 Episode 1 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 21037 times)

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
Season 4 Episode 1 Discussion *Spoilers*
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2008, 12:21:38 AM »
Too obvious of a difference. There must a reason, we just have to wait and see. I'm sure all will be explained.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2008, 03:03:06 AM »
Isn't a bucket of water and a piece of cloth, plus a couple of cans of paint, the easiest explanation?

docfu

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2008, 03:15:07 AM »
Naw, the easiest one is that the props and production-continuity people frakked up.

On a side note, everything that happens in the episode makes perfect sense if you look at it this way:

The Cylons are fanatical believers in one God, they believe they are the chosen, but unfortunately they are too stupid to find Earth themselves. As computers they have a hard time distinguishing fact from fiction and thus they are desperately trying to find the "13th colony earth" and are "baiting" the Galactica toward that purpose.

I guess if you look at it from the perspective that the Cylons believe in their god, but they also believe there may be a 13th colony and in order to win they must eradicate it. First off, of course, they have to find it but since they aren't good at believing in anything outside their 'faith system' they are relying on the crew of the Galactica to lead them.

It's like following an ant home to its nest so you can kill off the queen.

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2008, 05:29:11 AM »
Quote from: docfu;96374
Naw, the easiest one is that the props and production-continuity people frakked up.

On a side note, everything that happens in the episode makes perfect sense if you look at it this way:

The Cylons are fanatical believers in one God, they believe they are the chosen, but unfortunately they are too stupid to find Earth themselves. As computers they have a hard time distinguishing fact from fiction and thus they are desperately trying to find the "13th colony earth" and are "baiting" the Galactica toward that purpose.

I guess if you look at it from the perspective that the Cylons believe in their god, but they also believe there may be a 13th colony and in order to win they must eradicate it. First off, of course, they have to find it but since they aren't good at believing in anything outside their 'faith system' they are relying on the crew of the Galactica to lead them.

It's like following an ant home to its nest so you can kill off the queen.

Not quite.  The Cylon skinjobs have chosen Earth to be their new homeworld.  Why? I dunno, ask Deanna.  

Their more difficult time of finding it is their relative late to the party desire to find it at all.  Colonial religions have been dealing with the scrolls for millennia.  Cylons have their own God who is not part of those scrolls, leaving them at a distinct disadvantage.  Especially since they not only have to learn the religious symbology of the scrolls from scratch, but they have to find copies in the first place.

Sidestep

• Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2008, 08:58:26 AM »
Quote from: docfu;96374

I think everyone is being a bit harsh on the producers! I'm pretty sure they would notice/would be bothered about such a difference rather than just being too lazy to keep the continuity correct.

I'm more inclined to agree with the less pilot than vipers idea, or that they have had the time to do some proper maintenance on them.

Erkhyan

• Never saw BSG...
    • View Profile
    • http://darhan.deviantart.com
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2008, 09:14:53 AM »
[Slightly Off-Topic] You guys keep mixing people up : D'ANNA Biers, DEANNA Troi :p [/Done!]
On the topic of triple star systems, I don't remember multiple star systems being recognizable to the naked eye. Zeta Ursae Majoris is the only example (Alcor and Mizar, two of the system's five stars, are visible without a telescope). Alpha Centauri wouldn't be recognized as triple unless one was close to Proxima, the smallest component of the system (Proxima isn't even easily visible from the central pair)

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2008, 11:36:08 AM »
It seems that starbucks new magic viper, has also created magic panels..... at the end of season 3, the viper has no panels, but it reappears in season 4....
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

newman

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
What Adama and the fleet fail to realize is it's all one big Earth commercial.
She came to Earth, where her ship was serviced free of charge. She got a brand new engine, bodywork was polished beyond belief, they even wiped the windscreens and fixed the elastic string on the furry dice, and then she was delivered right back to the fleet in no time. I'll bet they even added some horsepower to that baby. Can it be more obvious? The message is, "bring your beat up rag tag fleet to us, the whole system is one giant service station". They even implanted starbuck with a homing chip in her brain. Don't know how much obvious can it be.

Sidestep

• Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2008, 12:56:01 PM »
Quote from: newman;96398
What Adama and the fleet fail to realize is it's all one big Earth commercial.
She came to Earth, where her ship was serviced free of charge. She got a brand new engine, bodywork was polished beyond belief, they even wiped the windscreens and fixed the elastic string on the furry dice, and then she was delivered right back to the fleet in no time. I'll bet they even added some horsepower to that baby. Can it be more obvious? The message is, "bring your beat up rag tag fleet to us, the whole system is one giant service station". They even implanted starbuck with a homing chip in her brain. Don't know how much obvious can it be.

Yeah, and Starbuck told them to charge the bill to Laura, that's why they're not getting on!

Doctor Who

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2008, 06:19:25 PM »
Quote from: Kyle_K_ski;96117
"19?"  I thought that I read somewhere that they had only 10 to go?  Or was production halted at 10 due to the writers' strike, or...?  

Now I'm stumped as to why the number 10 is so huge in my mind in regards to BSG!  :confused:

Please help!  :lol:

From what I've heard the 4th season is being broken up into 2 smaller seasons each 10 episodes long.

Quote from: Angelus;96328
In 4x01 there are only 4 Baseships, this could mean the Cylons ( mostly Cavil, since he seems to be the only one who wants the humans dead - yesterday if possible )have increased the amount of ships searching for the RTF.

I think their is going to be a cylon civil war, in one of the previews for the     2nd episode to makes it look like Cavil and one of the other cylons (don't remember which) get in an arguement, about what ever he is doing to the raiders, which ends in gun fire.

And Rosilin is the final 5th, she's really the one side tracking the fleet not Starbuck, the cancer is going to "kill her" and then she'll show up again later. IMO

Oh and did anyone else see the "Revelations" preview with the Chief with a shaved head?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:27:48 PM by Doctor Who »

spdrcr

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2008, 08:07:44 PM »
The final five have to be cylons of some sort. I thought it odd that the president would not listen to Kara about finding earth. It seems Lee and Anders are the only ones who get it. After all that she has done to find earth. She did go back to Caprica to get the arrow of athena. Now the president doesnt want to listen to her. What a !@@!. Yes it is kind of wierd that after she died she shows back up with a new viper. They should feel good about getting a new viper by the way. Ok so mabe leoben rescues her and takes her to a basestar and hooks her up with a new viper. I am confused about her finding earth though. Since the cylons dont know where it is either. It was 2 months though so anything could have happend. It just seems like they should listen to kara a little more at least check it out. I am really getting sick of the president. What the hell is Bill Adama doing. In the past he would do whatever needed to be done even if the president didnt approve. Now that they are hooking up he doesnt want to go against her. They need to break thier little relationship thing up. I think that the president has outlived her proficy she should be dead by now. I think six and baltar have some special destiny but I really dont know what it would be. At least baltar has is own little cult thing going on. It was ok to watch the first time around but now that i have it recorded i will fast forward through all of that baltar cult junk. I wish they would have went another direction with him. Overall I thought the premeir was a little short and aggrivating. I just didnt like seeing kara treated like that. She deserved a little more respect i think after all she has done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

newman

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »
Yeah, after her ship blew up, which was witnessed and recorded, she shows up two months later, although she couldn't have possibly survived, in a brand new viper she couldn't possibly have, claiming she found earth (in a non-FTL capable ship which should be in a million pieces), all the while unable to explain how she got there or back, and her nav computer conveniently wiped. And the human race just happens to be on the run from a race of synthetic humans hellbent on wiping them out, which specializes in simulating humans and downloading into new bodies.
No, I really can't see why she's being treated with doubt. After all, she's Starbuck (we think) , and she deserves respect, and the people responsible for the survival of the human race should just blindly trust her and wave away the lack of any logical explanation due to her killscore in the cockpit.
Now I'm not saying she's a Cylon, but if the human race ever does find itself on the brink of extinction, I sure hope you're not the one in charge.. :D
It's like the old man said - he can't afford to trust her, not with so many unknowns and the survival of the human race in question. He doesn't have any way of confirming her identity or what she's saying, and doesn't have the luxury of giving in to his desire to trust her. Burdens of command..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 07:21:12 AM by newman »

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2008, 10:01:21 PM »
Quote from: newman;96432
Yeah, after her ship blew up, which was witnessed and recorded, she shows up two months later, although she couldn't have possibly survived, in a brand new viper she couldn't possibly have, claiming she found earth (in a non-FTL capable ship which should be in a million pieces), all the while unable to explain how she got there or back, and her nav computer conveniently wiped. And the human race just happens to be on the run from a race of synthetic humans hellbent on wiping them out, which specializes in simulating humans and downloading into new bodies.
No, I really can't see why she's being treated with doubt. After all, she's Starbuck, and she deserves respect, and the people responsible for the survival of the human race should just blindly trust her and wave away the lack of any logical explanation due to her killscore in the cockpit.
Now I'm not saying she's a Cylon, but if the human race ever does find itself on the brink of extinction, I sure hope you're not the one in charge.. :D
It's like the old man said - he can't afford to trust her, not with so many unknowns and the survival of the human race in question. He doesn't have any way of confirming her identity or what she's saying, and doesn't have the luxury of giving in to his desire to trust her. Burdens of command..

That sums it up nicely :nod: Would agree with it.
I know it was mentioned before, but if aliens are not going to be in the show, then there is a chance, that this whole Baltar, Starbuck, six, etc, is literally angels and demons, like an early version of the Old Testament set up.
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

spdrcr

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »
yea but the human race has been on the brink for a while. Besides he trusted athena to go to new caprica and save the humans there and he new she was a cylon. Whats the difference. Without starbuck they would never have gotten the arrow of athena. I guess Starbuck need a little abuse anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2008, 10:38:35 PM »
I just hope the outcome of this plays itself out well instead of too far out to really make a decent plot line. So far it is getting into shaky territory to keep my intertest outside of of the action. I enjoy suspense but not totally blowing things into commercial breaks and broken to be continued situations making everything so much commercial barf I can't stand it and end up renting the 4th season instead of ever buying it.
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]