Author Topic: Season 4 Episode 1 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 24929 times)

Crixx

• Give the order.
    • View Profile
Season 4 Episode 1 Discussion *Spoilers*
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2008, 04:08:01 PM »
I reckon all questions raised by this episode are somehow related to Baltar's boob-fondling.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2008, 05:01:24 PM »
One thing I did notice. We still don't have any proof at all that the basestars that appeared have anything to do with the 7 known Cylon models and their search for Galactica.

One of the characters even mentioned that they didn't understand how the Cylons could have followed them.

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2008, 05:12:53 PM »
Quote from: karajorma;96324
One thing I did notice. We still don't have any proof at all that the basestars that appeared have anything to do with the 7 known Cylon models and their search for Galactica.

One of the characters even mentioned that they didn't understand how the Cylons could have followed them.

True that. Will be very interesting to get a look inside the Cylon camp again, as we've very much only got half the story. I can't help but feel that the Raiders are getting a little more intelligent than they were supposed to.

Sidestep

• Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2008, 05:13:41 PM »

Cue shifty looks from the Tigh and Tory...

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2008, 05:20:28 PM »

Hm, 'till episode 3x19 ( Crossroads pt I ) the Cylons followed them by tracing a unusual Radiation signature of the Tylium refinery ship. In the episode 5 Baseships jumped right on top of Racetracks Raptor.
Iirc, Apollo had the plan that this ship is splitting up from the fleet, covered with some Raptors and jump to other location then the RTF.
Dunno if they executed this plan, but at least the Radiation thing seems to be fixed, since Adama mentioned it.

In 4x01 there are only 4 Baseships, this could mean the Cylons ( mostly Cavil, since he seems to be the only one who wants the humans dead - yesterday if possible )have increased the amount of ships searching for the RTF.

TripRussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.c2r-3.us
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »
Did anyone noticed the Viper Mk II got cleaned, and perhaps waxed, up for the fight?  Excluding Starbuck's viper, you got Seelix, Anders, and perhaps few others..

Prutus

• Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2008, 07:36:42 PM »
Yea, I noticed it, and was thinking that them were bit too new looking. Was thinking like: What?? has adama stored some reserve from the start? but then I noticed small hit on one vipers tail.

Anders and chief have been thinking about themselfs and waxed the vipers on XOs orders.

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2008, 07:58:50 PM »
On the other hand, it's been well over three months since the last Cylon contact (not counting the heavy raider which may or may not have existed in "Maelstrom"). Maybe that gave the deck crew enough time to start giving the Vipers a little extra TLC.

That also reminds me of a fun little visual oddity in the hangar scene. The prop Mark VII was still duck egg blue, as it had been painted for Razor (for some reason), but the CGI Mark VII just a few feet down from it was the same old bluish gray.
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2008, 08:03:24 PM »
Don't forget the fact that while they had Pegasus, they were doing Viper production from the Scar episode. That was why they were there mining the ore to build more Vipers. Just intersting they would spend time on MkII's instead of MkVII's...
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David cgc

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2008, 08:10:49 PM »
Who says they were? The Pegasus probably didn't even have the tooling necessary to build Mark II Vipers.
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2008, 10:02:04 PM »
For all we know, not all the MKII Vipers where always used. Maybe some have only been used a few times. Maybe some pilots decideing they prefer to fly the MKVII without the CNP. Also renember ALOT of pilots where kiled off right near the start of series one, after Flattop makes his 1000's landing with the explosion in the hanger. Which is why they hadto recruit new piots, but i bet they never got enough to use all the vipers, the ressult would be some vipers not being used so often, espeically seeming pilots seem to get an attachment for specific vipers..

The ressult would be that the new rookies, like Anders and Seelix would get cleaner, less used vipers.

As for the MK VII, ive not seen 4x01 yet, but during season 3 the viper used in CGI wasnt the same as the prop viper, we could consider the colour and differences in shapes as minor differences in batches or running out of paint
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

THE Phreak

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »
Quote from: David cgc;96348
Who says they were? The Pegasus probably didn't even have the tooling necessary to build Mark II Vipers.

Roslin says in one of the episodes that the first production viper had rolled out of the factories onboard Pegasus.

newman

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2008, 10:42:12 PM »
Quote from: THE Phreak;96356
Roslin says in one of the episodes that the first production viper had rolled out of the factories onboard Pegasus.

Nobody questions that. What they're saying is, the Peg likely didn't produce the aged mkII viper, which has been retired for 20 years before the attack. You can bet the Peg was building modified mkVIIs without the CNP. I doubt her onboard factories would even be able to produce the mkII.
Anyway.. so they have cleaner vipers. So what? Just means they've finally had the time to do some proper maintenance on them. It's as good a reason to tell yourself as any - as the real reason is, 'because the CGI guys made them cleaner'.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:46:24 PM by newman »

Lepton

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2008, 11:37:11 PM »
Or maybe they just used the some Vipers produced for the flashback portions of the webisodes and Razor and thought no one would notice that they looked all spiffy?  Bet on that.  Producers couldn't care less for continuity if it can save them a buck while reusing expensive props.

David cgc

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2008, 11:51:32 PM »
That's my guess. They cleaned up the prop Vipers for the Razor flashbacks, and didn't have the time or inclination to repaint all the weathering for season 4. Then the CGI guys used the cleaner Vipers to match.

Same deal with the bizarrely blue Mark VII.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:34:31 AM by David cgc »
Samuel T. Cogley