Author Topic: Season 4 Episode 1 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 8947 times)

Elthis

• Callsign: Elthis
    • View Profile
Season 4 Episode 1 Discussion *Spoilers*
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 04:40:56 PM »
I had  a question regarding Tigh as well.

As I was watching all the series during the Sci Fi marathon, Tigh had a flashback to some earlier point in his career where he had been confined to his quarters for whatever drunkedness he had done at the time.

In this flash back, Tigh had brownish hair and had more of it than he does now. I believe that he was younger in that flashback.

Which leads to my question...

If Tigh is a Cylon and he had a flashback to where he was younger, does that mean that the skinjobs age?

Or does it mean that Lepton was right in his theory that there was once a human Tigh but he was replaced at some point by a Cylon counterpart?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sometimes you gotta roll a hard six.

Elthis

• Callsign: Elthis
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »
Also, in regards to Starbucks whereabouts....

I thought the whole thing had a Bermuda Triangle feel to it.

The whole loss of time, being unable to explain how she got such a great distance and such.

It would be wild to think that the Bermuda Triangle is a worm-hole that bridges Earth and some other point in space.

Not really probable but it kind of made me laugh inside.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sometimes you gotta roll a hard six.

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2008, 04:49:17 PM »
Quote from: Lepton;96139
As for an example of the stilted dialog and acting, the President saying to Lee and the Admiral, "How do you know she is not playing you?  How do you know she is not playing YOU?"  Those lines fell totally flat and were poorly delivered and totally unnecessary.  And "playing you"??  When has Rossalyn even spoken like that?  She might have said, "How do we know that we can trust her?", but "playing you"???  That seemed totally uncharacteristic and quippy.

She has said "Thank you Apollo, for saving our collective a$ses" in the miniseries... I don't believe Roslyn has a characteristic way of expressing herself.

And that particular line... the first part is "you" in general, refers to Adama and the people around him. Then she changes the emphasis to YOU, suggesting that Starbuck may be playing oh his sympathies for her and trying to persuade him. That was a good line and absolutely not "unnecessary".

On the other hand, "How do we know that we can trust her?" is as cliche as it gets. I think it has been spoken in every lousy war/action/scifi/noir/whatever script this side of Casablanca.

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2008, 05:22:55 PM »
Quote from: Elthis;96141

If Tigh is a Cylon and he had a flashback to where he was younger, does that mean that the skinjobs age?

It certainly means that Saul Tigh ages. Whether that's a standard feature, or something they can turn on and off, or what remains to be seen.
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

guitarfan01

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 05:55:52 PM »
We also know that the Saul Tigh model can lose eyeballs.

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 06:38:14 PM »
Quote from: David cgc;96148
It certainly means that Saul Tigh ages. Whether that's a standard feature, or something they can turn on and off, or what remains to be seen.

I'm long-term on record believing the Final Five are Ancient and fundamentally different. Like Kobol Ancient and did something to bury their personas for awhile.  Skinjobs are new in comparison.

My other speculation is that the Five are responsible for the first Cylon War indirectly and somewhat inadvertently. Then after a split, the mechanicals decided they wanted more like the Five, hence experiments to create the skinjobs. There's more to that potential plotline, but it ends with the Five now trying to fix the problem they created and end the War, reuniting Humanity and Cylons as was in the Golden Age of Kobol.

We might not ever find out for sure and if we don't get any blatant contradictions to this it could make for some good fan-fiction starting points.

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 06:38:50 PM »
Quote from: Lepton;96135

I also refuse to understand how Tigh can be a Cylon.  Didn't he fight in the first Cylon war with Adama?  He's too old to have been a skinjob Cylon from the beginning as we remember the Cylons developed their own biological models.  So either the human Tigh must have been replaced at some point by a skinjob, or the Final Five are some completely different type of Cylon that bear no resemblance to the biological Cylons.

They didn't fight together in the first war.
They know each other for about 35 years. The first Cylon war ended 40 years ago.
RDM said, non of the models is 'based' on a real human being, means there was no Boomer or Tigh human, which the Cylons used as template.

Quote from: Slamscape;96140
Anyone else notice how Kara's Viper suddenly has her callsign and markings on it, when it didn't at the end of season 3

Yeah, in the intro you see the Viper without any markings, later you see the Viper with all that stuff.

Far more interresting is: the ship doesn't have a single scratch ( besides the gallon of Cylon Blood on the Canopy )!!! I'ts completly new! Will be intersting to see, where the hell did Starbuck get a new Viper, why is no data in the ship ( nav ) computer?

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »
Quote from: Angelus;96175
They didn't fight together in the first war.
They know each other for about 35 years. The first Cylon war ended 40 years ago.
RDM said, non of the models is 'based' on a real human being, means there was no Boomer or Tigh human, which the Cylons used as template.

It's quite possible RDM is lying (again). And people will love it and heap more praise regardless...

I used to really like the show, now I just like seeing it all go to hell.

Here's my review on another site (So I don't have to type it all again...)

It's obvious...

Nebula storm leads to great storm on JUPITER (Hence name "Eye of Jupiter", rolls eyes) kara drifted to Earth wakes up, takes pics and plots a reverse course. Storm takes her back to nebula. DUH...
(personal pet peeve, get your mythology straight, Jupiter is the Roman name for Zues. It should have been the eye of Zues, The Colonials don't know felgercarb about Roman Gods...)

Either the wormhole or the ship of lights caused the time distortion, and also made her viper go back in time to when it was new (notice Tyrol said it was HER viper but brand new, everything pristine and blank - except the gun cameras) typical mindfrak SOL stuff -TOS

Remember when Apollo, Sheba, and Starbuck were eating dinner and start sputtering the Course and planetary description of Earth to everyone at the table retelling their story, hypnotic suggestion by the ancients.

Also it could be a separate NEW viper given to her by SOL.

Now the tricky part: Did her ship blow up and she got saved by Ship Of Lights (with Canon memory loss, TOS), or the shocker...

LEE is a fraking Cylon and "imagined her death", heavy raider playing mojo with his head... (and hacking his gun camera maybe)?

Roslin just needs to fraking lay down and die already, I am so sick of that bitch. Starbuck needs to hurry up, say nothing and just empty that whole clip into her and THEN say "The Prophesy of Pithya is fulfilled... Word! Now we're going to Earth!"

The shit is hitting the fan more than ever and now Lee is going to work for the government??? WTF (RDM get off the crack PLEASE!)

What kind of unrealistic bullshit is this? The Colonial RTF are closer than they've ever been in space combat to complete annihilation and Lee thinks he needs a time out to go find himself NOW? He had a chance to do that before in that Raptor near death. Seriously has the writing gone completely out the window cause he doesn't have another season to fix this with?

Dear dead Billy, by the Lords of Kobol PLEASE come back and save us!!! :lol:

I almost yelled with delight when that dream sequence Tigh shot Adama in the head! "Yeah bitch I'm a Cylon! Oh shit! Y2K made me do it I swear!!!"

heh
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 07:06:04 PM »
Quote from: Angelus;96175
Far more interresting is: the ship doesn't have a single scratch ( besides the gallon of Cylon Blood on the Canopy )!!! I'ts completly new! Will be intersting to see, where the hell did Starbuck get a new Viper, why is no data in the ship ( nav ) computer?

Props group partied too much and forgot to paint on the dings and scratches after they drove a forklift through the original model. :lol:

While the paramedics were working on the director, McDonnell said to Olmos  "Frak it Ed, let's just ad lib and see where it goes."  Olmos muttered something about aliens while glaring at RDM and then said "At least it's not another shaving scene..."  In the background, Callis shifted uneasily.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 07:10:56 PM by Enki »

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »
Quote from: Star Dragon;96178
(personal pet peeve, get your mythology straight, Jupiter is the Roman name for Zues. It should have been the eye of Zues, The Colonials don't know felgercarb about Roman Gods...)

:lol: Oh you really are setting yourself up for a fall with that statement. :D

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 07:46:57 PM »
Quote from: Enki;96179
Props group partied too much and forgot to paint on the dings and scratches after they drove a forklift through the original model. :lol:

While the paramedics were working on the director, McDonnell said to Olmos  "Frak it Ed, let's just ad lib and see where it goes."  Olmos muttered something about aliens while glaring at RDM and then said "At least it's not another shaving scene..."  In the background, Callis shifted uneasily.

:lol:

or maybe:
right after the scene where they checked the Viper:
Adama: so, it's REALLY a new ship?
Roslin: i tell ya, she's a Cylon
Chief: either that, or the guy who did the CGI screwed up...

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 08:03:40 PM »
Starbuck seems to accurately describe earth, including the Sun, Moon, Saturn and most likely Polaris (trinary star system) or the north star. Was there any description that detailed  in the scriptures or ancient record. I don't remember.

In any case kara is going to have to appeal to laura's spritual side to convince her.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Rogue420

• Gods Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2008, 08:22:57 PM »
---------------------------------------------

2. What accounts for the time discrepancy between her Viper's clock and the 2 month passage of "real" time?

Wormhole or something like that.

3. How is it that her ship's logs are completely wiped?

magnetic field?

5. Do you think an internal debate/revolt is going to occur within the Cylon fleet now that one of their own (a Cylon Raider) has confirmed the existence of one of The Five Unknown Cylons? In other words, is the discovery of one of The Five the main reason for why the Cylon fleet abandoned its near total victory? It's interesting that we weren't presented with a picture of what was happening amidst the Cylon fleet in regards to the discovery. I can't wait to see what it is in the future. What does the presence of The Five amidst the human fleet mean to the Cylons--will it be seen as a good thing, or a bad one?

I think that since Cavel said that he won't stop lobotomizing the raiders, my guess is that the raiders refuse to attack the RTF or something. See thoughts on this here http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5749

7. I loved Baltar's reaction to his newly discovered and "forced upon" messianic role. It certainly has some mild overtones of the classic comedy "Life of Brian" in it. I suspect, though, that like it or not, Baltar is quickly learning just how serious this new role is, and not just for his own survival. So, what role do you think the Cylons are playing in "assisting" him with these supposed "miracles," and more importantly, why? I'm wondering if the importance of "one god" versus "many" is such a central thesis of belief amongst the Cylons, that they consider it an essential goal to convince humanity of it, but why would they even care to convert humans to such a tenant, when their ultimate aim is to wipe humanity out? Unless it's a ploy to sew discord amongst the fleet, or if a unification of beliefs is a primary goal of the yet to be revealed Cylon?

Not sure how I feel about this storyline yet.

8. Arrrrrrrrrgh! My brains hurt with all of the new revelations.
Word!!!!!

Hopefully this peace craze will blow over soon or I fear that the time of awesome space battles is nearing an end.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:40:03 PM by Rogue420 »

Adalla

• BSG9 & BSG Pilots Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2008, 08:29:56 PM »
My 2 cents regarding 401.

401 is the start of the "divine" in Battlestar Galactica. The divine will be more and more present I believe, until it culminates with the ending of the show.

Baltar's new role as Jesus, I dont quite understand it, because IMO he's the Final Cylon. But then it makes sense in a way, because in my theory, the Final Five's role is to bring Cylons and Humans together, to peace. They are "priests" after all, holy in a way, worshipping the one who cannot be named (Temple of Five stuff).

So, having said that, everything to do with Starbuck shouts "divine intervention". So people trying to explain what happened to her realistically, I think they are on the wrong path.

Kara did see that white light shine on her face just as she was about to die, and she DID die. And the theory I like most, is that Kara is actually a Lord of Kobol, if I am to believe these beings actually existed. And if they dont exist (like Six and Baltar suggest) and only one true God exists, then in that case Kara is simply an Angel sent by God to lead the Cylons to Earth. Yes, I said Cylons, because that's what the Hybrid Prophecy says in Razor. It says they'll be lead to the promised land (they, the Seven) on the wings of an angel. Well...with the little figurine, the Goddess Aurora one, with the angels...and Kara trying to lead them to earth...Kara has to be that angel.

Either way, I really really dont believe Kara is the Finaly Cylon. Though, if Baltar is not the Final Cylon, then she certainly is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
9th Battlestar Group
1 Battlestar, 2 Squadrons, 42 pilots and counting...
BSG Pilots
The place to stop by for all BSG multi-player space simulation action.

Solo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2008, 08:38:39 PM »
Hmm, all these ideas you have are very interesting..

But remember this: "All of this has happened before, and will happen again."
I have a feeling, that this will be the key to the whole story.
Awesome episode!! Can't wait to see the next..