Author Topic: Season 4 Episode 1 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 21369 times)

Cl1nt

• Cheesy Oneliner, B1tches.
    • View Profile
    • http://frakturedreality.ismywebsite.com
Season 4 Episode 1 Discussion *Spoilers*
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2008, 12:16:28 PM »
Just watched it, and wow.
Or something.

Thereís nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2008, 02:10:41 PM »
It's ok if Roslin doesn't die, just so long as Starbuck actually pulls the fracking trigger and hit the biatch... Seriously I will be major bummed if something stops her. I was all for 6 killing Cain, but it felt hollow (two monsters duking it out, verses the "I'm right and your wrong, you gotta go!" mind set.

As for naming conventions on ships: Valkyrie? (same NORSE meaning? Choosers of the slain? probable Blasphemy?). Mercury - an element aka quicksilver NOT the Roman name for HERMES (messenger of the Gods) so in that context is acceptable as they would know about mercury, and coincidentally name it the same thing... (god damn Preservers/Goa'uld, spreading Humanity all over the Cosmos!)

Truly such an oversight for "sounding cool" simply strikes of laziness and slight ignorance on the writer's part. If you can't stay in context then why have any at all when not only fans would pick it up, but the characters themselves should take issue with it culturally?
(In other words I piss all over the sacred scrolls, they're probably a lie anyway...)

At least a geologist could tell us what era of time Earth was in cause you could clearly see the North American Continent So it wasn't a few billion years ago with PANGEA super continent. Perhaps up to a few hundred thousand years from now at most?

I had a really disturbing thought at work, this could all be a simulation but MUCH much bigger than I had originally mentioned. This might not be a simulation of HOW to attack the colonies, but something else.

What if the Colonies really LOST 40 years ago? IF that happened what does this mean? What if the Cylons are seeking Earth to Destroy the last mythical place of free Humans and either this is all a simulation on possible scenarios, OR EVERYONE in the fleet is a Cylon (some are different than others, real or simulated)!

Farfetched, yeah, but I wouldn't put anything past RDM...

That and Nick and Hera becoming some version of Adam and Eve...

Regardless, I will be watching for the thing that makes us realize, "ah I get it now!"
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Prutus

• Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2008, 02:41:52 PM »
Well, I think they are as advanced as 12 colonies. They left kobol and made their way to earth by what? galleon? sure, made of wood and they sailed all the way without wind?  So its atleast time of long spacetravel. I think FTL is a must. Or then they are still in their way to earth when RTF gets there.

newman

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2008, 02:50:48 PM »
About the ship names; remember that we still don't know the time frame in which the show is happening relative to Earth. I for one doubt that Earth is in the 21st century during the events of the show. It could be that it's happening in a far, far future and the 13th tribe carried the myths to Earth, much like the others carried the same myths to the 12 colonies. If they can have Greek mythology, why not Norse? It is a stretch, but frankly no bigger then the Greek mythology already present.

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »
That whole time frame is what keeps my attention and curiosity high.
Could present some really great fiction.
Caprica so far looks like it is going to turn into some sort of Cylon Baywatch thing that may be just too cheesy in plot to make it. Would be a shame because they have some really great structure to work with. A shame if they ignore it for low brow commercial junk.
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »
I've got a ?. If numbering of the cylon's is significant then wouldn't Boomer/Athena (#8) be one of the final five? and if so then maybe the last reveal will be the First (#1) Cylon.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 05:41:54 PM by wiley »
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2008, 06:02:17 PM »
not quiet sure i follow you there>???? :confused:
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2008, 06:18:51 PM »
Quote from: TESLA;96569
not quiet sure i follow you there>???? :confused:

Just wondering if the numbering is in effect a serial number of sorts. Then it seems to me there is nothing "final" about the five, just something different.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2008, 06:29:37 PM »
Given the numbers we do know it could easily go 1, 2-8 (The seven known models), 9-12 (known Final Five).

Which would be a very interesting numbering pattern indeed.

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2008, 08:15:25 PM »
9 10 11 12... nope, sorry kara, thats 4 models of cylon, not 5...

As for the raider which became Scar, it wont of been after Athena stole it if it weas that raider at all, and to be honest, i never even heard it implied it was the raider whch was used to get starbuck back to Caprica. Besides, Starbuck killed it on the moon it was on, so if it was that raider, its starbucks fault, not Athenas
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »
Quote from: Wolfy;96593
9 10 11 12... nope, sorry kara, thats 4 models of cylon, not 5...

I believe Karajorma numbered the five as "1,9,10,11,12"

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2008, 09:00:58 PM »
oh sorry, i missed the little - between the 1 and 2.
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2008, 09:12:36 PM »
Yep. We only know the numbers for 3,5,6 and 8 But given the close grouping it doesn't seem unreasonable that the other 3 are numbers 2, 4 and 7.

What we definitely know is that the final 5 can't have contiguous numbers. But the 4 revealed models could.

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »
actually, i was watching that show tonight BSG: Revealed,
RDM said that there are "12 human cylon models, that we know of "

Hmmmmmmm

me thinks there could be more????

For all we know, all the humans in the fleet could be cylon models, some sort of cylon overlord experiment or something..
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2008, 10:48:45 PM »
I had considered this (the entire colonies being Cylon) a few times in the series.
I just figured it was too far out there...
Now we have a sort of Matrix thing happening, Cylon race that thinks their Human to proliferate. The only way they could reproduce was with love and a perception of biological life. But I can't get my head around why wipe out most of them and drive them in search of 1 planet when they already had 12?
Unless it is like seeking their makers who left for the 13th colony when it got out of control. "All of this has happened before, and it will happen again..."
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]