Author Topic: Season 4 Episode 1 Discussion *Spoilers*  (Read 8943 times)

Kyle_K_ski

• View Profile
Season 4 Episode 1 Discussion *Spoilers*
« on: April 05, 2008, 01:18:36 AM »
Needless to say, this thread can't avoid spoilers galore, so after watching Episode 1 via Sci-Fi's website at noon, I was wondering what you all thought of the following:

---------------------------------------------
1. How is Starbuck able to determine which direction is Earth?
2. What accounts for the time discrepancy between her Viper's clock and the 2 month passage of "real" time?
3. How is it that her ship's logs are completely wiped?
4. How is it that she's in possession of a brand new Viper?
5. Do you think an internal debate/revolt is going to occur within the Cylon fleet now that one of their own (a Cylon Raider) has confirmed the existence of one of The Five Unknown Cylons?  In other words, is the discovery of one of The Five the main reason for why the Cylon fleet abandoned its near total victory?  It's interesting that we weren't presented with a picture of what was happening amidst the Cylon fleet in regards to the discovery.  I can't wait to see what it is in the future.  What does the presence of The Five amidst the human fleet mean to the Cylons--will it be seen as a good thing, or a bad one?
6. Is the president "correctly" interpreting the scriptures by using the nebula only as a "traffic sign" that's found along the route to Earth, or is Starbuck correct in trying to return the fleet to the nebula, or is the answer somewhere in between these two specified approaches?  If the latter, what could the "in between" path be?
7. I loved Baltar's reaction to his newly discovered and "forced upon" messianic role.  It certainly has some mild overtones of the classic comedy "Life of Brian" in it.  I suspect, though, that like it or not, Baltar is quickly learning just how serious this new role is, and not just for his own survival.  So, what role do you think the Cylons are playing in "assisting" him with these supposed "miracles," and more importantly, why?  I'm wondering if the importance of "one god" versus "many" is such a central thesis of belief amongst the Cylons, that they consider it an essential goal to convince humanity of it, but why would they even care to convert humans to such a tenant, when their ultimate aim is to wipe humanity out?  Unless it's a ploy to sew discord amongst the fleet, or if a unification of beliefs is a primary goal of the yet to be revealed Cylon?  
8. Arrrrrrrrrgh!  My brains hurt with all of the new revelations.
That's it for now!
---------------------------------------------

Yours,
Kyle
April 4, 2008

:D

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 03:12:16 AM »
All I know for certain is, my head's about to frakking explode from all the questions I have.

[spoiler]
However, a possible answer for the time discrepancy with Kara is the relativity of time. If she were moving extremely fast, it's very possible that months could go by for the fleet in the space of hours for her. This theory, in my opinion, is supported by the blur that goes by Lee's Viper right before he sees Kara.
[/spoiler]

guitarfan01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:18:24 AM »
Angriefer has a point with the relativity of time.  All I have to say is that I trust RDM and his crew to answer the questions and that the part where
[spoiler]Tigh shot Admiral Adama in the head[/spoiler] was awesome.  Even though I knew it was probably a fake-out, I was still entirely emotionally involved.

Canadian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 03:26:23 AM »
All I have to say is that the Devs have a lot of Freding to do.

Shootout

• View Profile
    • http://dissentispatriotic.net
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 04:16:48 AM »
Quote from: guitarfan01;96078
Angriefer has a point with the relativity of time.  All I have to say is that I trust RDM and his crew to answer the questions and that the part where
[spoiler]Tigh shot Admiral Adama in the head[/spoiler] was awesome.  Even though I knew it was probably a fake-out, I was still entirely emotionally involved.

I am not ashamed to say that I completely lost it for a moment there.

Sparky

• Purveyor of Insights
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 05:26:34 AM »
Quote from: Angreifer;96077
All I know for certain is, my head's about to frakking explode from all the questions I have.

[spoiler]
However, a possible answer for the time discrepancy with Kara is the relativity of time. If she were moving extremely fast, it's very possible that months could go by for the fleet in the space of hours for her. This theory, in my opinion, is supported by the blur that goes by Lee's Viper right before he sees Kara.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Or perhaps increased mass.  Time passes much slower near massive objects such as Neutron Stars and Black holes.  Maybe Starbuck gained a lot of weight, went to Earth and back, and then lost it again on the Apollo diet.  Just an Idea...[/spoiler]
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

Blue Lion

• Higonaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 06:02:53 AM »
What is up with all the hot women on this show?
Suddenly, and without warning, it became a real life game of Hungry Hungry Hippos

docfu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 06:42:07 AM »
Quote from: Blue Lion;96087
What is up with all the hot women on this show?

First reply:

It took you 3 seasons plus the mini series and razor to realize this?

Second reply:

Quit asking stupid questions...

Turey

• Diaspora Speed Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fsoinstaller.com
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 06:56:21 AM »
[spoiler]WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT THE FUCK. It's so cruel to end the episode on that note.

Anyway, I'm actually more interested in the Final 4 plotline than in the Starbuck plotline. I can't wait to see what happens with them now that the Cylons know where they are and can use the raiders/centurions to find out which ones they are.[/spoiler]
"fighting for the survival of humanity is supposed to be hard." - Josh_88
Get FreeSpace Open here.
what kind of fucking 11 y.o. wannabe leet hacker made that unbelievable stupid, kiddish, awkward and whatsoever socalled \'updater\', which made me laugh at first and then cry and cry .. and now I wish to kill someone\'s parents [and then kill myself, ofcourse]. Any clue?
        Hello! That would be me.

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 07:07:03 AM »
Quote from: Turey;96089
[spoiler]WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT THE FUCK. It's so cruel to end the episode on that note.

Anyway, I'm actually more interested in the Final 4 plotline than in the Starbuck plotline. I can't wait to see what happens with them now that the Cylons know where they are and can use the raiders/centurions to find out which ones they are.[/spoiler]

Spoiler for 4x02
[spoiler]Based on preview for next episode, it seems that the cavil Cylon is labotomizing the raiders. I speculate this is because they now know the five are among the fleet and perhaps the raiders will not fire upon them.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 07:27:28 AM by karajorma »
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 07:21:53 AM »
Why all the spoiler tags guys? You don't need them in this thread unless you're actually in possession of knowledge of what will happen in 4x02.

For instance like Wiley FAILED to do properly with his post.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 07:28:51 AM by karajorma »

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 07:25:05 AM »
From what I understand 4x01 does not air in the UK until April 15th.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 07:32:16 AM »
If you're foolish enough to come onto the 4x01 thread and get spoiled you only have yourself to blame. The whole point of the spoiler threads is to allow people to discuss the episode openly without it leaking out everywhere else on the board.

That doesn't mean open spoilers for 4x02 (or even unlabelled ones, as yours was). Those must be signposted properly.

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 07:33:32 AM »
sorry

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 07:39:59 AM »
That's okay, it usually takes a few episodes for people to get the hang of how the Speculation and Discussion threads work but when everyone does follow them the system works pretty well.