Author Topic: MOD Recuitment  (Read 3507 times)

Hobbes

• View Profile
MOD Recuitment
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 03:58:25 AM »
ooops almost forgot,

yeah hehe, guess that means of you want my help i am will too. Especially since FS2 is my all time favourite Space sim game.

ALso ona quick note, i am currently working on upgrading the original Source code for FS2, as i could not find the source for FS2 Open i decided since i am a programmer to do it myself. And i tell you, allot of problems in the code (as i am attempting to upgrade it to the .NET plateform)

ALso as a side note, not sure of it will interest you any, i have a license for the Torque game engine.   :yes:

which opens up possibilities.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 04:08:03 AM by Hobbes »

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 07:54:11 AM »
I'm glad you stopped by and are interested in the project.

This site (Game Warden) is the host for my mod (as well as many others) the MAIN FS2 site, with the files for FSOpen and FREDOpen is HERE: http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/index.php?s=

the SCP has been evolving for over two years with Dozens of coders each fixing and adding to the code since the beginning. I am only using the basic source build 3.6.5 as it is the most stable and yet allows a lot of new features (such as the change model command for veritech modes). Plus it will make the mod accessible to a broader range of people without uber systems (all features are optional and can be disabled if needed).

If you are interested in the coding aspect look in the SCP forums and get caught up on the latest builds. (no sense in re-inventign the wheel eh?) I was hoping to get you on board purely as a modler or texturer as that is what we need the most desperately. I have posted a extensive to do list of what still needs to be done as well as future improvements to existing models (we have quite a few already).

The poly budget goals are Under 4k for fighters/player units and under 10k for capital ships, as we will have many in game at once and of course regualr FS2 could never handle it, with SCP it now can with some loss of frame rates (check out the Star Trek ships Omni did as well as his NEW BSG mod, that's the 50k galactica from bridge commander he trimmed down to 28k so far) my system will most likely NOT be able to run his mod but oh well ;)

If you are still interested I have several meshes that need tweaking or you could choose from the lists I posted on a new mesh to start. Although the YF-21 and 22 are not in the timeline of this mod I will include them as "Easter Eggs" that can be unlocked somehow if that is what you want to add later. I dont have lightwave otherwise I would post the VF22 I have but needless to say it is VERY high poly, that's what I meant by "a reference" in the Frost Works Pm I sent you.

L8tr!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 07:56:14 AM by Star Dragon »
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Hobbes

• View Profile
MOD Recuitment
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »
well thank you for asking me to join, i will galdly help out with the modelling aspect, and yeah maybe i should go get cuaght up on the FS2 Open project.

i will look over the list of mdoels and let you know which ones, but mostlikely just take the entire list, lol.

Rowhider

• View Profile
    • http://www.freazer.com/perso/cxrag/index.htm
MOD Recuitment
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 03:51:04 PM »
Hi all, i'm just a little noob in the FS2 modding.
Maybe, i could help you and learn a lot.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
MOD Recuitment
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 05:48:46 PM »
Hello again Rowhidwer :D  Please take a gander at the "To do list thread". As you can see there is much to choose from. Personally if you feel up to it any of the Zent ships (like the Thuveri  Salan for example) would be a huge help!

Hadn't heard from Hobbes since his post at the end of March so it's nice to have some life in this thread again.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Cobra

• Hiss.
    • View Profile
MOD Recuitment
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 06:00:01 PM »
i might be able to do some modelling for ya. :) i'd like to do a destroid hehe
Fan of every space game on the planet.
"When 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not. Hmm?" -Yoda

Pathways - Nothing Is As It Seems

GTI: Rebellion - Where\'s your loyalty?

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
MOD Recuitment
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 11:21:12 AM »
That would be nice Cobra (since you're not new, you know where the list is...) ;)  Just rememebr to post updates on your progress once you've chosen one.