Author Topic: Screenshot Thread  (Read 12870 times)

RavenTS

• View Profile
    • http://www.kultloesungen.de
Screenshot Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »
Yeah, nice to see again something from the Starlancer-Universe! :D

starlord

• View Profile
Screenshot Thread
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 04:27:11 PM »
Hey, I also forgot:

On the list of bad ass aces to take down, there's
-al rahan (we've been there).
-Also there's the squadron leader of the kozah (black sun I think): He appears in the database but I can't remember the name.
-we could imagine a squad leader for the sabers (unknown).
-As well as one for the black eagles.
-and at last there's catrina Illyana (angel of death) leader of the ravens (previously stationed on the boridin).

Put those aces in the MOD as well as more bombing missions (like the one where you took out the varyag) and this MOD will be outstanding.

P.S: I noticed you included the hades and one of the most curious and rare fighters, the sai. That's good! Don't forget the other bomber too, the galahad (2 torps instead of the hades'4 but better handling and speed).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 04:30:20 PM by starlord »

Alrik

• View Profile
Screenshot Thread
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 08:59:38 AM »
Hm, Freespace allows you to choose each fighter in the squadron.
So in every mission with big ships on the other side you can choose to fly the Torpbombers - or to fly an interceptor.

Vansteken

• View Profile
Screenshot Thread
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 02:53:07 PM »
I've restarted playing starlancer the last days...

Though it's a relative old game, it's just very addictive and i'm glad there's almost some sort of "expansion"(=mod) out for the game!

You're doing a great job guys, keep it up!

I'd love to help, but i'm horroble at designing missions etc...

Anyways, if you need a hand at thinking out some new scenario's for missions or plot lines, i can help if you want too...

PM me if you can use me, i'll be keeping an eye out for this mod:biggrin1:

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Screenshot Thread
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 03:16:22 PM »
Quote from: Vansteken;104094
I'd love to help, but i'm horroble at designing missions etc...

Have you actually tried? FRED is probably the single easiest game editor I know of (at least for the level of complexity it allows you to introduce to a mission).

Vansteken

• View Profile
Screenshot Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 05:54:54 PM »
Well, to be honest: no...

I always thought you had to be some kind of genius to create and form data for missions, so if you can help me onto an easy, reliable and free mission editor, i'd love to help everyone out...

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Screenshot Thread
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 06:20:32 PM »
Basically you download FS2 from here or one of the big Total Conversions (Beyond the Red Line from here, The Babylon Project or Wing Commander Saga from HLP) and after playing a bit you open the FRED2_Open_3_6_9.exe and choose help to open the documentation.

If you picked FS2 you do the extended walkthrough (It's worth a read with the others but it helps if you actually work through it). It's pretty straightforward. All the mission scripting is done via the SEXP system which when you come down to it is basically simple statements like "If ship X, Y and Z but not ship A are destroyed send this message"

FRED is one of those hours to learn, lifetime to master deals. :)

starlord

• View Profile
Screenshot Thread
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 07:08:49 PM »
Might you consider doing those "bip-bip" missions such as the one were you have to find the flight recorder of the mantis and you home on it's signal? Very amusing missions these were. and no doubt freespace could handle it.:nod:

It would consist in finding a very small object (like a ship's log) amidst a debris field. And the only thing linking this object to you would be repeated "bips" growing quicker as you get closer.

Also, are proximity mines doable under freespace? I think so (prove me if I'm wrong).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 07:16:24 PM by starlord »