Author Topic: New project needs forum hosting  (Read 15413 times)

Blackrazor

• View Profile
New project needs forum hosting
« on: January 11, 2008, 12:20:54 AM »
Starlancer
-The 100 Year War-

Engine
Freespace 2 engine is a great engine that will allow a lot to be gone with it.The plan is to turn the game engine to the starlancer game engine as much as humanly possible, and remake the original starlancer game and then beyond following the whole war all the way to the begining of the freelancer saga where the alliance losses the war and leaves to the seris system.

The Plan

With the plan the way it is first of all we will be remaking all the models  of everything in the starlancer game.Not only that but make new models for future fighters and ships based on the old models  to give the sense of a leap forward in tech during the war which will give us the freedom to do a lot in the world of starlancer. With this game the plan is also make a base website for other starlancer mods and allow them a place for making mods to the starlancer mod we created ,like making maps for mplayer and there own campaign..

How it will work

The first release will be the remake of the original game in the freespace2 engine and a Prologue for the first campaign. Each campaign will span 10 years of the war each with a different story of the war. With that it will take 10 campaigns to do the whole 100 year war it will take many years to make this possible  before it is complete but i think its a story that needs to be told.there is a lot of distants between  starlancer and freelancer  and we need to know how the things progressed to the point where they had to leave. to this end there will be 5 campaigns for alliance and 5 campaigns for the collision so you get each side of the war. on the alliance side it will follow the fly tigers all the way up to the point of them defending the collony ships in the last stand to the collision finale push.The collision side we are going to make a squadron to follow from the get go and with each campaign new meber will join old members will get promoted  just like in a real life  carreer.

Stage

this project is way early and still in concept art and will be sometime before it is show progress on screenshots and engine shots i have been in the gaming industry for a while  it takes time and also a team so the first step is to get a team together  to start off with I am asking for modelers,freespace 2 modders.Concept artists,Writers,effects engineers, mission builders and fred2 engineers.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:24:09 AM by Blackrazor »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I live my life fighting for a cause bigger them myself!!

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 09:23:13 PM »
so...sorry for the delayed response. but:

1. are you guys still in need of hosting?
2. how many developers have you recruited so far?

Blackrazor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:21:54 PM »
no thanks we got a host for forums now i joined forces with another team
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I live my life fighting for a cause bigger them myself!!