Author Topic: Bsg Razor *Spoilers*  (Read 32130 times)

Tikey

• View Profile
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2007, 01:04:07 AM »
Quote from: P-90_177;85259
the only problem with that is that Glactica is the last of her class still in service.......so the nly thing i can think of is that it is essentially the same hull as galactica but slightly more advanced. Like the immediate generation of battlestar after the cylon war.

Pehaps it's a decomisioned Galactica class refited to be a cargo ship or something.

Enki

• View Profile
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2007, 02:04:01 AM »
I vote cost driven CGI related continuity snafu.  

I think the intent was to show a really damn big battlestar on the far side of the shipyard that wasn't a Mercury class. So they short-cut with a rescaled Galactica and either didn't think it was noticeable, or more likely accepted the five seconds of discontinuity because it was a few ten thousand cheaper to go that route.  

Remember RDM has already gone that route in the miniseries with the Galactica blown cleanly in-half.  Again despite Galactica being last of class in service.

DarkWrath

• Harbringer of Doom
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thexuniverse.com
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2007, 12:44:28 PM »
And for those 5 seconds or so it was a good decision , just the size was a bit off , it seems to be 20-40% larger than a Mercury . I kind of like the hybrid basestar though :))

Also , who thinks the centurion responding with "By your command" was just what we were waiting since miniseries? :D
X-Tended Team Member

Slamscape

• callsign: Slamscape
    • View Profile
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »
Well it is a ship yard, the galactica looking model could have been there for years, or just recently decommissioned and being prepared to be a museum or something of the sort.

Also the only reference we have to size is Admiral Cain saying thats Pegasus is twice the size and half the crew, it could be that she was exaggerating a bit, you know like my ship is bigger than yours talk.

Wolfy

• View Profile
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2007, 05:04:57 PM »
er, but, we've seen pegasus side by side havent we? like, the end of season 2 where they jmped from New Caprica?
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Slamscape

• View Profile
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2007, 06:34:07 PM »
Heres some shots I was able to find from that episode

http://galacticastation.com/Screencaps/S2/220/bscap501.htm
Rear View - looks like galactica is farther

http://galacticabbs.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=27369
http://galacticabbs.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=26756
Front Shots, looks like Pegasus is closer

http://galacticabbs.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=27577
Another Shot

I'm looking through the first few episodes of season 3 to see if there are any better shots, its really hard to tell from these shots. It looks at least like Pegasus is only bulkier than galactica.

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »
Quote from: bsilver2988;85096
Pegasus didn't lose 100 vipers.  Many of the ones you're referring to were simply badly damaged, with engineer's saying they dont have enough spare parts to repair them.  Thats why cain ordered the civilian ships stripped..to get the spare parts needed to repair the vipers.  Remember the ultimate point of reference was that when pegasus met up with galactica, she had 3 full squadrons.  She's made to carry 4.  Factor in number destroyed, with total number, and number they were able to rebuild in thier viper construction factory onboard, it makes sense.

This doesn't quite hold water, because Peggy lost at least 50 Vipers combined at the relay station and the shipyards, and the shipyards attack damage gave at least another 50 as "damaged beyond repair", which isn't the same thing as irrepairable with the means at hand. When something is damaged beyond repair it's still recognizeable, but has suffered such severe damage that it would either be cheaper/simpler to make a new one, or the damage has rendered it fundementally suspect in some way; for example its basic structure was badly weakened. (This isn't hard to imagine; one can see pretty easily in the mind's eye a nuke hitting one of the flight pods and Vipers in the interior getting tossed around like dice in a cup.)

The civilian ships were stripped, I think, to help keep Pegasus itself working; this makes more sense considering issues of scale. Those too-damaged-to-fly Vipers would have been the primary source of parts via cannablizing them for their remaining working systems.
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)

Slamscape

• View Profile
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2007, 10:03:58 PM »

OutofStep351

• View Profile
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2007, 10:21:25 PM »
Well, I like the Berzerk or whatever it's called. It fits nicely into the role hole in the Colonial fleet. Seems a bit big in the screencap, though.
"They put angels in the electric chair,
No one knew or no one cared,
Burning stars lit up their hair and crawled to heaven on golden stairs
God bless our dead marines."
-Thee Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tralala Band

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2007, 10:31:37 PM »
Quote from: P-90_177;85259
the only problem with that is that Glactica is the last of her class still in service.......so the nly thing i can think of is that it is essentially the same hull as galactica but slightly more advanced. Like the immediate generation of battlestar after the cylon war.

Specifically, Doral said the Galactica was the last of her "kind." Judging by how he went on about manual valves and nonnetworked computers, (along with the two other Galactica-type battlestars seen apparently in-service during the mini and Razor) I assume by "kind" he meant "designed wholly to prevent Cylon computer attacks at the expense of efficiency" and not the actual hull design. Obviously, other ships of Galactica's class were still in service, but their Commanders hadn't kept pulling strings to make sure they were never upgraded with new computer systems and other modern advances.
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

AncientAngel

• Reflex Weapon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.robotechmmo.com
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2007, 12:14:06 AM »
Did no one catch the fact that a boomer clone was captured on the hybrid ship? You see her for about 2-5 secs when they open the door, strapped to the first table. Or is this just me? I could have sworn it was her and they never mentioned Athena went along on that mission.

If this is the case, anyone else think that this is completely odd a 1st Gen Hybrid   that does not seem to recognize other human cylons?

Tikey

• View Profile
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2007, 01:57:17 AM »
You are overthinking. It's other actress.

Cl1nt

• Cheesy Oneliner, B1tches.
    • View Profile
    • http://frakturedreality.ismywebsite.com
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2007, 04:21:26 AM »
When starbuck was leaving Kendra behind, I swear the guy behind her putting on a space suit was Tyrol >_>
Or something.

There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2007, 02:50:25 PM »
Galactica is the last of the original twelve... they never said they stopped building ships of the same class after those.

TripRussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.c2r-3.us
BSG Razor *Spoilers*
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2007, 03:46:12 PM »
I have to agree with Roy.  Doral could imply that Galactica is the last of the original battlestars the 12 colonies constructed, each representing one of the 12 colonies (where Galactica represented Caprica).  The other variants, similar to Galactica, are the same class constructed after the war.  I could be wrong.  Does that make any sense? lol