Author Topic: It's the Patch!  (Read 56821 times)

Tikey

• View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 05:35:39 AM »
Great.
Thanks to everybody on the BTRL team

Turey

• Diaspora Speed Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fsoinstaller.com
It's the Patch!
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 06:22:07 AM »
Quote from: Arch_Angel;80948
downloaded the new patch/updater. unpacked them and it has the updater and a folder called " rt " and inside that folder are 3 other folders called " bin " and " jetrt " and " lib ". i assume i have to place these in the BTRL folder also ? along with replacing the new updater ?

Yeah, the RT folder goes in the Demo folder.
"fighting for the survival of humanity is supposed to be hard." - Josh_88
Get FreeSpace Open here.
what kind of fucking 11 y.o. wannabe leet hacker made that unbelievable stupid, kiddish, awkward and whatsoever socalled \'updater\', which made me laugh at first and then cry and cry .. and now I wish to kill someone\'s parents [and then kill myself, ofcourse]. Any clue?
        Hello! That would be me.

Point Blank

• mercenary
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 06:51:12 AM »
Hiho my first post here!

I am a big BSG fan from germany and i was searching a PC game where i can fly Vipers and co. So yesterday i found this game (mod)+patch and i have to say iam amazed. Great work you did so far Briefings,Debriefings, voices and sounds give you the feeling you´re a real viper pilot:yes:

greets

Vidmaster

• View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 01:00:55 PM »
trying out now
I hope you\'ve learned something from our little games...
Sincerly, Durandal :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Mjolnir2000

• Hammer of the Gods
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 03:21:11 PM »
Wow, you really overhauled the glide with this one.  Love that you can use thrusters now, though is it my imagination or do they less in glide than in normal flight?  Not sure how a feel about the new mechanics for coming out of glide; it's obviously more realistic without the instant change in momentum, but it'll take awhile to get used to.

But anyway, thanks a ton for the update; the quality of this thing never ceases to amaze me.
Which side are we on?  We\'re on the side of the demons.  We\'re evil men in the Gardens of Paradise sent by the forces of Death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I\'m surprised you didn\'t know that.
-Colonel Saul Tigh-

Cpt. Jonathan Bebawi

• Olympus and 82nd CAG
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 03:24:50 PM »
awwww man!! i dont have internet on my comp!! i managed to play by downloading and transferring with a usb key!! now how am i gonna do????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://82ndfg.roxorgamers.com
come see us!

Herra Tohtori

• View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 03:57:22 PM »
One thing that hasn't convinced me yet - the upgraded/changed hit impact sounds.

Previously they sounded like a steroid western with gatling guns; now they sound like someone throwing tennis balls at garage door. Well perhaps that's a bit exaggerated but... I'm not entirely satisfied with this sound effect either.

I guess it's impossible to make us happy... We'll always find something to complain about.:lol:

Anyway, there were a lot of things that were really welcome. Glide updates first and foremost to a casual player. Being able to use thrusters and afterburner in glide really helps. And although I enjoyed speeding around, I think the speed limit is a definite improvement especially considering multiplayer... and single player mission design, it was a bit too easy to break the last minicampaign mission by speeding around the battlefield, because the Cylons somehow didn't manage to off Chum and I got there in time to save them.

And the new exit from glide is awesome, smooth and much more realistic than before. Also means change in dogfighting tactics - ultrafast vector changes are not really possible any more.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 05:08:52 PM »
Quote from: Herra Tohtori;80980
because the Cylons somehow didn't manage to off Chum and I got there in time to save them.

That was just the AI being crap with stationary targets though. Ever wondered why Gauntlet's AI drone moves in the training mission? That happened after I watched her fail to hit the stationary version for about 3-4 minutes when testing the mission. :D

Herra Tohtori

• View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 05:23:23 PM »
Ah... well you can't deny that it's more difficult to break missions now by being incompletely wrong place at wrong time because now we are no longer able to move three times faster than supposed.:p

EDIT: Haha, excellent typo (missing space makes another word)... was supposed to be "in_completely".
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 05:29:14 PM by Herra Tohtori »

Ben>

• French Toaster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bens-world.org
It's the Patch!
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 06:49:41 PM »
Allright it keeps telling me, you're playing with hacked files
Thus I've never seen angelus game again

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 07:05:12 PM »
The hacked files messages won't prevent you from finding servers in any way. All it does is present a warning to you when you log on and another one when you start a game.

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
It's the Patch!
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2007, 07:05:39 PM »
Just out of curiosity, will the main installer be updated to the patched version, or will new installations need to run the patch as well?
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

Ben>

• French Toaster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bens-world.org
It's the Patch!
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2007, 07:21:03 PM »
Allright there was no one on fs2net, but i don't see as much differences ..

The Legacy

• Attaaaaaaaaaackackack!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://totalwar.moddb.com
It's the Patch!
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2007, 07:21:58 PM »
I've just started on playing with the patch, and since I've started, I have to say HOLY FRAKING CRAP AWESOME! I LOVE the new glide. It's finally on par with B5:IFH's glide, and this glide is just fun to use.

For those who may not have realised, it's more than just thrusters; it's the main engines as well! Here's my suggestion: try dogfighting with glide turned on the whole time, from entering the engagement to when the engagement is finished; because of the new glide physics, you can attack people from an angle, but then FOLLOW an enemy into a turn. I find that missiles have a hell of a time tracking someone in glide, and gives you an advantage in dogfights, MUCH more than the old system. I felt the old system was tacked on, but this one I'll be using all the time. :)

As for the sounds, they're perfect. Some may disagree with the new gun-impact sounds, but put it this way; in space, there's no sound at ALL. Having a dull impact gives the impression that you're in space, and actually do help with telling you if you hit or not.

Good work guys. Keep it up. :)

P.S. I like the new Cylon Raider passing sound. :)

The Legacy

• Attaaaaaaaaaackackack!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://totalwar.moddb.com
It's the Patch!
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2007, 07:23:25 PM »
Quote from: Ben>;80989
Allright there was no one on fs2net, but i don't see as much differences ..

You may have patched it incorrectly. Make sure that you have "Update Installed Sections Only" unchecked. Otherwise it doesn't patch.