Author Topic: It's the Patch!  (Read 79788 times)

Rainman

• Ace Raider Conscience
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2007, 03:59:19 PM »
I remember the anti-traitor feature from another game... its really nice and adds more realism (hopefully teaches people a lesson after TKing so we don't have the problem as in Battlefield 2 and 2142).
But what if i accidentaly rip a hole through my wingman's wing... like if we are in tight formation chasing the same viper when he jumps infront of me? Don't want to hold off both colonials and cylons just because I had an idiot wingman!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2007, 04:31:10 PM »
Quote from: karajorma;83248
It's quite probable you'll need a new pilot for the full game.

That said we can always come up with some sort of reward/Hall of honour for the best demo pilots. :)

It makes me nervous, thinking about that a other Player has my Callsign/Nickname...:nervous:

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2007, 09:29:50 PM »
Bear in mind that a new pilot is not the same thing as a new FS2NetD registration.

Basically between now and the release both the pilot file will be replaced and FS2NetD will be shut down and replaced by PXO. Whether that will require a new registration and new pilots is something I don't know. Taylor is the one handling both changes.

Bear in mind that 3.7 will probably be released before BtRL comes out so you do need to re-register you will have time to get a new pilot before a stream of n00bs come along and beat you to it.

Magellanic

• Dances with Cylons
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2007, 10:58:36 PM »
Holy hell. I need to visit back here more often! Patchy patch away!

Click the banner to visit our home page!

Axem

• MRRFR MRRF!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/axem/
It's the Patch!
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2007, 02:55:20 AM »
Quote from: KaraBulut;82319
Also i've found loads of more bugs in AP its like Ap was rushed to make not too much effort spend on it

Thanks. If 4 weeks is a rush job, I guess that's why all these mod projects take so long.

Can I get a specific list of these bugs? I do take the blame for the missing comm names and wrong text. I overwrote the revision with those in the mission. I shall attempt to fix that the best I can.

Quote from: KaraBulut;83243
Well Gauntlet and Chum has way too many waypoint issues and someone said before that music doesnt play in battles i have experienced that
and if you shoot all the friendlies down you can still play the level

What are some of these waypoint issues? What do they do, or don't do? Has this (and the music issue) happened after the patch or before it too?

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
It's the Patch!
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2007, 04:24:40 AM »
The music thing happened to me on the Mac version (without the patch, needless to say). It would play at the beginning of the mission, but instead of the battle music kicking in when Raiders started appearing, there would just be silence. I reinstalled (including deleting my preferences and pilots), and the problem was solve-ed, as Clouseau might say. Because I'm a fool, I didn't keep the old preferences so I could send them to you to examine. I'll try to do some less slash-and-burn troubleshooting if it happens again.
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

Axem

• MRRFR MRRF!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/axem/
It's the Patch!
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2007, 04:37:11 AM »
Well it sounds like an error with the game and not the mission. So it looks like I'm off the hook there. ;)

KaraBulut

• Weird Stuff Doing Person
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2007, 05:13:59 AM »
Quote from: karajorma;83248
That's odd. You shouldn't be able to. As soon as you do shoot them the others should turn on you. I remember extensively testing that in BoaL cause I added the pre-traitor messages back into the code and I had to check they worked.

I'll have to remember to look into that.

I mean if you shoot all the firendlies in Boal they turn on you and if you shoot all of them down they treat you as a traitor and you cant play the level

thats not in Ap

EDIT:

Axem just play the level yourself you would definetley run in to them yourself
the waypoint issues are if you follow Gauntlet and Chum to complete the bonus mission
when the encounter an asteroid they a)crash in to it and start looping b)shoot it and start looping
c)you shoot it and they try to dodge your fire and start looping

Also after you have done the bonus mission if chum and gavel didnt die you continue to meet the 2nd wawe of cylons
sometimes gauntlet starts crashing to the big asteroid instead of going between them and it takes long 10 minutes for
her to reach the cylon area by crashing to the rocks (not to mention if she just goes in to the rock chum tires to follow than crash and die)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 05:19:39 AM by KaraBulut »

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2007, 07:18:01 AM »
AP wasn't rushed, (4 weeks isn't that short a dev cycle). BoaL was built very slowly. :D

Considering the complexity of both missions we've actually had a lot less bugs than most campaign releases. In fact pretty much every bug I've seen has stemmed from a code issue rather than a FRED one.

That said, AP was dumped on Axem to be completely rebuilt about a month and a half before release while BoaL was started in November and worked on right up until late March (including a time when I had to completely rebuild it while looking at the old version because there was some strange corruption issue with the mission I couldn't track down. That basically means the entire mission was refactored and a large number of little bugs were found and squashed ).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 07:26:49 AM by karajorma »

Rainman

• Ace Raider Conscience
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2007, 10:06:16 AM »
About the glide issue, it would be cool if you could just get the engine to spool down once u hit the glide button, like it triggers the engine spool down sound and then silence afterwards. I dunno how complex this issue actually is and i don't mean to belittle it or anything, just adding a suggestion since an engine cut sounds a little weird.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Backslash

• View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2007, 06:55:37 AM »
Quote from: Rainman;83327
About the glide issue, it would be cool if you could just get the engine to spool down once u hit the glide button, like it triggers the engine spool down sound and then silence afterwards. I dunno how complex this issue actually is and i don't mean to belittle it or anything, just adding a suggestion since an engine cut sounds a little weird.

Oooh, now that's a really cool idea.  Very easy to do, too.  Let me try it out and see if it does anything unexpected or annoying.  If it works it will mask the transition, and be a nice feedback that you have entered/left glide mode.

Angelus, so far I'm not having the problem you mention, but I'm sure our setups are different.  What kind of joystick do you have?  Does it show up properly in the Launcher or do you have to use one of the Force settings?  Oh, and try another thing for me: set your joystick throttle to 0, but then hit the full throttle KEY, and then see if you can get the problem to occur.

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2007, 12:40:11 PM »
Quote from: Backslash;83465

Angelus, so far I'm not having the problem you mention, but I'm sure our setups are different.  What kind of joystick do you have?  Does it show up properly in the Launcher or do you have to use one of the Force settings?  Oh, and try another thing for me: set your joystick throttle to 0, but then hit the full throttle KEY, and then see if you can get the problem to occur.

My Joystick is a nearly 5 year old Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2, and it shows in the launcher properly. I've tested the throttle setting 0 on Joystick and full throttle key on KB that you suggested, but it still occurs, although i have to say, that during the testgame it only happened twice ( usually it happened 7 or 8 times during a game).

Rainman

• Ace Raider Conscience
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2007, 02:26:30 PM »
Quote from: Backslash;83465
Oooh, now that's a really cool idea.  Very easy to do, too.  Let me try it out and see if it does anything unexpected or annoying.  If it works it will mask the transition, and be a nice feedback that you have entered/left glide mode.

Well i'm glad i could be of help. On the same subject, there is a minor issue with the joystick and those same spooling sounds. When I start out at 0 throttle (usually after a death in multiplayer) and move my joystick throttle to 100%, the sounds that i get when i press the full throttle button don't play. My suggestion is having the trigger for the sound play when any acceleration above 20% occurs, so if i go from 40 to 60 i hear it, and it would be even cooler if it gets louder or changes a bit as I close in on max throttle or have a 60% or higher throttle change. In the end its up to u guys, and i hope its as simple as the other issue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KaraBulut

• Weird Stuff Doing Person
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2007, 04:59:10 PM »
I had those problems when I used joystick so I quit using the throttle button and used keyboard for throttle simple and easy :)

P-90_177

• Viper Jock
    • View Profile
It's the Patch!
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2007, 11:16:05 PM »
I tried downloading the patch using the updater but my university firewall blocks it.....is there anyway of getting the patch without the update installer?