Author Topic: Basic MultiPlayer Set Up on an Imac G5-Help!!!  (Read 999 times)

Coinneach

• View Profile
Basic MultiPlayer Set Up on an Imac G5-Help!!!
« on: July 23, 2007, 08:09:48 AM »
I`m a complete newbie to MultiPlayer set-ups-how the hell do I do it-pretend I have the mind of a Stegosaurus, please!!!

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 07:03:16 PM »
There are very few things I can help you with because I try to avoid Mac's whenever I can, but heres a few things you can check to make sure everything is working.

• When you go into multi player, does it check your tables? (If yes, skip the next question, If no, skip the third question).
  • Press F2 and click the multi tab at the top, is the PXO light on?
  • Do you have a FS2Net login? (If no, the next two quesitons are irrelevant, skip to the last paragraph of my post).
  • Is it saying invalid login?
  • (If yes) Is your FS2Net login entered below the PXO light?(If both questions 4 and 5 are true, go back to your email that FS2Net sent you, remember your password and login and re-enter them into the fields below the PXO light in the game options under the multi tab).
If you need an FS2Net login, go here and register. Then, go into the game, press F2, then the multi tab at the top and enter that login and password in the fields. Ignore the squadron field, it does absolutely nothing. If this did not help, then your gunna need to ask someone who is familiar with Mac's.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 07:19:11 PM by [dw]-hunter »

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:56:44 PM »
Usually you'd be correct there Hunter but he's got a G5 and FS2NetD doesn't work on PPC Macs at the moment.

So you'll have to play an IP game for now. That means you add the IP Address of the person who is hosting (or give out your if you are) and turn off PXO.

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 09:58:24 PM »
Yeah, I figured as much so... Haven't seen anybody on FS2Net ever say to me they are on a Mac.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 08:06:17 AM »
Intel Macs should work though.

Coinneach

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 07:22:25 AM »
And indeed my Intel Imac does!!! No probs with FS2Net either. Only problem now is due to the NZ time difference(GMT+12 hours), I don`t often see other players online!!

Coinneach

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 08:45:29 AM »
And thanks a lot DW HUNTER for your advice, couldn`t have done it without you!