Author Topic: FS2 mission validation request  (Read 5029 times)

Foxer

• Extended Range
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freespace.pl
FS2 mission validation request
« on: July 13, 2007, 11:49:37 AM »
Hello. I can't valid any missions with FS2 Open since few days while hosting a game. It is my ask for Matthew or other current NetD administrator: can you restore valid-missions-list on masterserver? We have many newbies at FS2 Open in last weeks and as you know... new players love to be in stats ;). Working stats, points, kills and medals will be a good encouragement for them to play and  up multiplayer activity a little.

Here is a complete mission package to valid as well as standard/stock FS2 multi mission.

Greetings! :)
Greetings, Foxer / {303}Foxer / FOXeR_mk
TerraNet FreeSpace.PL Forum | Squadron 303

Super Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 02:23:18 PM »
Stats still save even though nothing's validated. Just restart the game after the mission is finished.

taylor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://icculus.org/~taylor
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 04:45:53 PM »
Unless someone removed them without telling me, the server already has all CRCs for the retail missions and tables.  So, there shouldn't be any issue there.  If you are having a validation problem then it's not because of that.

If it's a host-side problem then make sure that you don't have any tbm's installed/available when running multi.

Stats still save even though nothing's validated.

Stats DO NOT save unless all missions and tables in use are validated.

Foxer

• Extended Range
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freespace.pl
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 09:26:21 PM »
Thanks for reply. Unfortunately still have that problem (and many other players too... everyone I asked about it). I have checked my whole FS2 directory for any bad files that can be installed and make corrupted with NetD. Everything's fine there. I have table-validation passed with no problem at loggin' in. Problem appears when hosting a game. It shows me "Asking PXO Server for Mission CRCs" message for long time (to the action timeout I guess) and then mission-validating messages but with no result at all :(. Even stock / retail missions by :V: isn't valid.

I was trying to delete tvalid.cfg and mvalid.cfg from my /data folder, that game can rebuild it from beginning. That was helpless unfortunately. "not on server" message next to every mission filename in mvalid.cfg. In tvalid.cfg "valid" is next to ships.tbl and weapons.tbl and "not on server" next to other table files, which I guess is OK (?).

So... maybe someone removed them without telling you :nervous:.

And you know... I was playing today without mission validation with my friend and stats was saved! :confused1 Message "Stats will not save when you play a non valid mission [...] etc." appears when trying to start a mission as well as message "mission tossed" at debriefing but... after logging again to NetD we both have updated kills-number and points-number and rest. Just like Super Nova said. I will post this issue on Mantis someday this week. Statistics won't save only when you plays mission alone.

I use 3.6.9 final and mission pack from above (first post). Please help :)
Greetings, Foxer / {303}Foxer / FOXeR_mk
TerraNet FreeSpace.PL Forum | Squadron 303

taylor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 09:51:15 PM »
All of the CRCs are still on the server, I checked. :)  I think that I was the last person to make any changes as well, a couple of months ago, and that was just adding more mission/table CRCs.

I did just have a thought though, based on a Mantis bug someone posted a few days ago.  Check your multi.log file and see what it says about validating missions.  In the bug in question it appeared to be having trouble with the validation packets.  You should see something obvious in the file if it's the same problem.

The "asking for CRCs" message should go by pretty quickly, and the only time that it's there for an extended period is when it's not working.  Most often that is some with the server communication (ie, server down, or you have firewall/port issues), but that affects all FS2NetD stuff and not just just validation.  There could be some code issue on either the client or server though, which is causing the mission validation problem, but I haven't been able to replicate it so far.  Of course, I'm using FS2NetD2 and not the old one that everyone is using.  But, that does rule out a database problem at the least.

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 12:30:40 AM »
FS2 adds 150MB to multi.log file every time it checks the CRC's, you need to delete it after every game other wise it lags.

Quote from: taylor;76843
I'm using FS2NetD2 and not the old one that everyone is using.  But, that does rule out a database problem at the least.

So we are just getting a new fs2netd in the next build then, not a pxo?

taylor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 12:41:21 AM »
Quote from: '[dw
-hunter;76861']So we are just getting a new fs2netd in the next build then, not a pxo?

PXO requires too much time and work to get going.  I don't have the time and although various people have offered to help, they either haven't ever done anything, or realize how much work is involved and resend the offer.

An upgraded FS2NetD is the only option at the moment.  It addresses the current needs of FSO, fixes a ton of bugs, and adds some much needed features.

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 12:49:36 AM »
but we will still have our lobby, right?

takashi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 05:12:55 PM »
and validated TBP tables with a sepereate game area (like btrl)?

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 10:23:35 PM »
If people are playing it online.

takashi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 11:10:30 PM »
im trying to get people playing it online, but: