Author Topic: Why?  (Read 4599 times)

Bubb9

• View Profile
Why?
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
I noticed that it seems alot of people here dont seem interested in helping others why is this?

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Why?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:46:02 AM »
Perhaps you should try a proper help request before complaining that people don't want to help.

I've seen a single post on the tech help forum (which is for tech help with the board not the engine and it doesn't even make clear what the problem is.

I'm assuming that the problem is Freespace2 not Beyond The Red Line, right? What firewalls do you have? Both hardware and software.

Bubb9

• View Profile
Why?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 09:35:05 PM »
all I saw was 'other' as the category not 'other stuff about the forum' might have been helpful if someone atleast said it was the wrong forum.

and both me and my friend are running standard windows firewall, and the firewall for my router is turned off as far as I know. And yes the ports are forwarded.

Edit: and were using FS2open

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Why?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 10:35:31 PM »
Quote from: Bubb9;76534
all I saw was 'other' as the category not 'other stuff about the forum' might have been helpful if someone atleast said it was the wrong forum.

Pretty much no one reads that forum except for the admin staff. Which is why no one replied till I came along since I'm usually the first admin to check this place in the mornings.

and both me and my friend are running standard windows firewall, and the firewall for my router is turned off as far as I know. And yes the ports are forwarded.

Edit: and were using FS2open

Hmmmmm. Well Windows firewall won't be blocking outbound connections unless you're on Vista (IIRC it does on Vista but it certainly doesn't on XP).

I think the best option is to give me a time when you're going to be playing so that I can check for myself what's going on.

Bubb9

• View Profile
Why?
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 11:06:51 PM »
now is alright and btw do you have a teamspeak or ventrilo server?

Bubb9

• View Profile
Why?
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 11:52:44 PM »
sorry for the double post but just an update heres my MSN: Keerakh23@gmail.com

Bubb9

• View Profile
Why?
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 09:14:46 PM »
I'd appreciate and answer

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Why?
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 09:31:28 PM »
Sorry. Rather busy of late. I should be able to contact you some time this weekend.

Bubb9

• View Profile
Why?
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 03:17:39 AM »
oke