Author Topic: Which view do you use?  (Read 3311 times)

Unknown Target

• Bitchslapped by BTRL
    • View Profile
Which view do you use?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »
You do realize that the cockpits you're looking at are meant to be low detail and viewed only from the outside, right? That's why they look so ugly and low-poly up close?
If you want your bugs fixed and features added, you gotta get us coders! See the help wanted thread if you want to help out!

Respenus

• The one who is many!
    • View Profile
Which view do you use?
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 09:29:51 AM »
Will keep away from the cockpits for a while. Atleast until the final version comes out. No need to "kill" your game with bad cockpits (no offense meant to the BtRL crew).

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Which view do you use?
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 09:49:35 AM »
No offence taken. The fact that we don't have any high poly cockpits yet is the main reason why we didn't give people the option to turn cockpits on. :)

izlajn

• View Profile
Which view do you use?
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 09:57:15 AM »
I use HUD view but thats only because i don't know how to change it.I whould be grateful is someone whould enlighten me. :)

Alrik

• View Profile
Which view do you use?
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 06:05:52 PM »
Quote from: Unknown Target;75776
You do realize that the cockpits you're looking at are meant to be low detail and viewed only from the outside, right? That's why they look so ugly and low-poly up close?

Even a high poly, beautiful cockpit is ugly if it takes to much place on the screen ;)

Without offense, I see the low poly cockpits in the demo as "proof of concept" so i don't care if they are ugly or not.
But in this concept the eyepoint is too low and the cockpit takes too much room on the screen.

Slamscape

• callsign: Slamscape
    • View Profile
Which view do you use?
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 09:08:24 PM »

takashi

• View Profile
Which view do you use?
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 09:21:31 PM »
^good cockpit, compared to the SCP's obstructive view based on the fs1 cutscene. look at the fact the lt. ash's eyes are 3 ft. aboce the HUD panel, and if your not a fs fan, look at the inner cockpits of vipers. control panels are not infront of the eyes, but atleast 1 foot below. the pilot can see a large area infront of his ship.even the EA starfurys in babylon 5 share that same basic trait.

Raziel

• Eclipse squadron pilot
    • View Profile
Which view do you use?
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 10:36:34 PM »
u wanna play authentic disable all direct in view  hud displays and leave ammo and missle count minor detials  or even better go for that minimul hud mod ... u wanna experience a proper viper dogfight try that  :P

i use it a lot and my aim is so frakkin sharp as u gots none of this high tech barmymajig in ur face :P.. just u  visual regognition  and pitch black space  .. pian in the butt when hunting riaders  but asy against a viper

sorry  i know  but im a old school dawg
You dont have to be a hero to be recognised...
LT JN grade Raziel

BSG_9 MK II pilot
Based on Battlestar Hyperion

http://www.majesticsites.net/BSG9
"We dont watch people fly vipers, we fly them ourselves"

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
Which view do you use?
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 07:14:24 PM »
Whichever view gets the job done  :nod:
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

Alpha 1

• I am Colossus
    • View Profile
Which view do you use?
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 07:21:39 PM »
(Hey Tesla Nice Avvy, so true:lol: ) Yea The Real Cockpit might not work.Because you dont know were to turn at stuff and no Radar or weapon.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 07:55:39 PM by Alpha 1 »