Author Topic: Fracking ...!!!  (Read 3340 times)

Respenus

• The one who is many!
    • View Profile
Fracking ...!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 05:05:23 PM »
Quote from: droz;75598
respenus, it's actually the ABSOLUTE axis control in the options menu.  

I have an X-52 and had to map it. just goto the options, click controls, click ships, find ABSOLUTE near the bottom and reconfigure the mapping for it.

Quote from: Dukeman42;75604
For lateral thrusters, I mapped them to the mouse stick in the game control mapping screen. I mapped glide to a button, and throttle to the throttle quadrant.

Thank you both. Found it. Gotta map other keys now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 05:14:16 PM by Respenus »

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Fracking ...!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 05:08:06 PM »
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/Misc-Pics/BtRL/Tech%20Help/CC_Thrust.jpg

Second from the bottom. Absolute throttle.

Quote from: Respenus;75621
One more question. Me vs. Scar is a MP mission? (read:How do I start it?)

It's a 3rd Party mission so first you need to go to the stickied thread and grab it.  Stand alone missions are played via the techroom->Mission Simulator.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 05:13:05 PM by karajorma »

Respenus

• The one who is many!
    • View Profile
Fracking ...!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 05:14:47 PM »
Quote from: Star Dragon;75633
*Luke, Luke, Trust your feelings Luke...*

(Turns off HUD)

"Nugget, what the FRACK are you doing!? Turn your Dradis on right FRACKING NOW!"

:D

Yeh, a similar feeling. But Scar is a bigger fracker then Darth Wader.

takashi

• View Profile
Fracking ...!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 05:29:52 PM »
scar: starbuck...i...am...your...fathersbrothersroomatessistersunclesscienceproject

Respenus

• The one who is many!
    • View Profile
Fracking ...!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 05:40:37 PM »
Quote from: karajorma;75639
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/Misc-Pics/BtRL/Tech%20Help/CC_Thrust.jpg

Second from the bottom. Absolute throttle.

It's a 3rd Party mission so first you need to go to the stickied thread and grab it. Stand alone missions are played via the techroom->Mission Simulator.

Thanks Kara. Playing with the joystick map is one fracking great experience. Now I can trully experience the depths of the physics system.

Will do. Gotta train a bit.

CamInHead

• aka Roanoke
    • View Profile
Fracking ...!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 10:22:39 PM »
Quote from: Respenus;75574
I will.

I will practise more, but the problem is my joystick. Not only some things don't work, the sesitivity is a MAYOR problem for me. I'm all sweety when I finish playing, as I can't keep the bloody mark on the same spot. The Cylon stopped and still I'm shooting all around him. I really need to work on the sensitivity, but I have already seen some improvement since my first flight, so a little practise won't kill me. The problem is, that when I'll retun from 1 month in France, I'll forget everything, again.

I would get that in Freespace too, using a MS Sidewinder Precision Pro. Better to use keyboard and mouse.

takashi

• View Profile
Fracking ...!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 11:04:37 PM »
nonsense. just drop the deadzone setting down all the way and set sensitivity to three dots and your fine. not as precise as a mouse, but still fine.

Respenus

• The one who is many!
    • View Profile
Fracking ...!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 07:52:22 AM »
I think I got it now at around 5 sensitivity and I think 2 or 3 deadzone.

But I will try your setting Takashi and see what it does.

SamSneak

• Floating space debris
    • View Profile
Fracking ...!!!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 11:05:11 AM »
I find that it works best to make large adjustments using the standard joystick pitch and yaw. Then when I need to make small adjustments to lead or lag the target in a tight turn I just maintain a constant amount of turn (usually at the maximum anyway) and then add the appropriate amount of up and down thrusters to line up directly behind and aimed at the target.

Using the thruster to maneuver so that both ships are pointing in the same direction instead of having to constantly adjust the pipper and maintain the turn.  Plus it allows you to get a little extra turn out of the ship.

Once you get used to doing that you're already setup to use the left and right thrusters the same way to follow another pilot in a turn fight when they start changing their direction randomly.  The big movements of the main joystick tend to turn the ship much more than the thrusters for the same amount of pressure which makes it easier to make the quick and precise motions needed to follow someone and stay close enough to fire accurately.

P-90_177

• Viper Jock
    • View Profile
Fracking ...!!!
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 11:22:51 PM »
Quote from: Respenus;75553

I only have one complaint. ONLY 3000 FRACKING BULLETS???!!! :mad::mad::mad: Couldn't finish the third mission because of that.

Haha. I think the number of rounds is just right. that is after all a thousand rounds per cannon and in the main game on some missions there will be the re-arm option so i can't complain.

I also had that problem in the mission. I ran out in the middle of dogfighting scar. Ended up with my hull at 26% and his at about 50. Needless to say i thought i was a gonna and needed some quick thinking. So i flew fast and low over the surface of those asteroids. When scar tried to follow me he kept just hitting the ground and taking hull damage, until eventually he just jumped away................And that there is my proudest moment yet playing the demo.