Author Topic: Voice Acting (for all roles related to RT/M)  (Read 25518 times)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Voice Acting (for all roles related to RT/M)
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 01:48:54 PM »
Perfect!

It'll be fun fredding these in later. I sorta got side tracked by some things. I'm also waiting word back from a mesher about the Zent turrets.

I was trying to get someone to make more "accurate" looking ones instead of Fs2 type boxes.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 11:22:57 AM »
Just a little possible good news.

I contacted two FEMALE VA's.

One is a very good voice, but probably go towards a non-named role (like wingman or cap operator). I am still debating on asking her to be Lisa or Miriya but since the VA part is still way early I want to keep her in reserve if she is willing.

The other blew me through the roof: Possibly all three Bridge bunnies! Depending on what she says I was just going to go with the DVD clips, but you know how annoying it is with random music BGM stepping on their lines. I figured it would be hell to find three females to take those minor roles.

If I got one person to do all three, then I can send her all the lines and she can knock them all out doing one character at a time to stay in character more easily. Plus it would give her a decent amount of lines to make the effort worth it.

I'm awaiting responses to my inquiries so cross your fingers people.

Oh and I was debating having her do Minmay as well, but I don't know if I should inflict that torture upon an innocent VA... :) (I guess those songs are out of the question as well).
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 09:00:04 PM »
Quote from: Star Dragon;93781

The other blew me through the roof: Possibly all three Bridge bunnies!

Does this mean thinly guised anti-smoking messages built in?

I was mentioning this to a friend of mine actually though (who is female) and she's still mulling it over but I suggest she volunteer for this project.  She was kinda on the fence because she views anything animated or video gamed as low brow but I may work her past that

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 01:17:13 PM »
I appreciate the help, but if someone doesn't have respect for the material then why have them involved? It would no doubt affect the performance. I'd rather have someone who is eager to help and proud to be a part of something unique to the Robotech/anime community.

I hope it's not Lira or Rian as those are the two I referred to earlier (over on HLP VA area)

I have posted on the VAA and will make one on SAVAGE, so even though they are more "professional" types, I'm sure we'll get some bites from those who understand what's involved in this project.

BTW I just found out you die when Roy dies (That sucks) at least according to the novelization I only read like 20 years ago someone reminded me of the event. lol!
They make no mention of it in the series.

I'll have to character shield you a bit, I need him to be a racist drunk 20 years in the future to disrupt Kierin's Bachelor party (Son of Azonia and Khyron set to wed Dana).
[Muhahaha]... You read my fanfiction yet?

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 02:50:54 AM »
I figured I'd try.  I got her turned on to Gundam Wing some how so I figured with a little indoctrination it might work.  I'm not twisting any arms though.

As for your fanfiction no I've not read it.  Link it, I'll check it out.  As for the novelizations I never got around to reading them.  My reading habbits have always been a little left and right and back and forth, but every year I spent in college I got further and further away from rec. reading, thanks to the joys of reading so many journal papers.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 01:05:06 PM »
It's in teh sticky (robotech related fanfiction)

I just got to chapter 31... Having writer's block for a long while. I know where I want it to go most of the way especially at the end, but getting over some rough spots and crossovers is tough.

Hope you find it interesting!

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »
Yeah, I thought about that when I got up this morning.  I never bothered to check it out because of the thesis from hell I'm working on.  I'll get around to reading it eventually.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 10:49:35 AM »
Lira got back to me... She's interested but I will contact her again later on as her schedule is hectic and of course we are not ready yet. I just touched base with her cause I thought she's be perfect for the "Bridge Bunnies". They don't have much dialog individually, but I thought they were important enough to include... Especially since it sounds like she can do all three!

And yes, if you take certain messages as "anti-smoking" then that's on you! :)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »
*Minor update*...

I noticed an old sample from FreespaceGundam on the hLP voice board and contacted him. I told him I'd like to try him out as Roy Fokker and he's amiable to it when I get stuff together later on. (it's still a little early for real roles, as demo work has ground to a halt again).

But at least I noticed him and let him know I want to tap him in the future, so for now he's penciled in as ROY - not locked...

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2008, 12:55:40 PM »
Any progress is progress.

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2008, 05:27:16 PM »
Thought I'd drop in and see how things are doing (figured this thread is as good as any since it's really where I stick to, but curious beyond just voice acting)... I've been busy with another project heading up what's turning into an almost 20 person cast and I got stuck learning C++ because no one wants to work on the mission development. Oh well.. every time I pop on a new ep of Macross Frontier I think about stopping by here but then I get caught up in its inherant awesomeness and completely lose all priority in needing to watch it again. Oh well... hope all is well.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2008, 01:00:14 PM »
Always glad to see you!

Nothing definite on the home front (yet) but there are always leads I am tracking down that might bear fruit. I sort got involved with a mod that I did not know was initially private and took some liberties. Where it will head I have no idea but I will be watching it as the NEW custom content related to Robotech/Macross is in their power to grant permission of (New Xenoforce, not old as I have those and those belong to Homura).

Of course I offered my support for yet another anime mod, and in return now get to beta test (only the ZEON sie is enabled fro anime ATM), but we will have to see how things eventually turn out. I'm hoping for a win win situation despite their issues with another mod team over half a dozen Nod/GDI units that has no bearing on OUR situation or involvement...

LOA--JK47

• Colonol Dekkers real name
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »
Feel free to e-mail me or PM on HLP as i'm always up for VA. Any role, for samples again just e-mail or ask General Batutta.
I'm currently the voice of the GTD orestes on the upcoming Blue Planet voicepack release. And a few other roles ;)
Busy busy busy, no time to talk, i\'m hitting the bricks and i\'m taking a walk.........

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2009, 07:01:50 PM »
Dekker? lol progress basically stopped 2 years ago. I threw the VA ads in to try and generate skilled help in other areas, LOL!!!

But thanks for the offer. If anything happens I'd definately use you.

RA did the voices for the training mission I'd eventually release (he did Captain Kramer).

Someday I'll have to get back to him to redo some, if work resumes and things get changed.

LOA--JK47

• Colonol Dekkers real name
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2009, 08:17:52 PM »
Onoz!

I always loved max sterlings original (The ORINGINAL FS2 TC in my opinion) and seeing this made my day. Guess i forgot to check the dates. Game-wardens not my "local haunt" lol.

I'm up for helping in any way i can though.

That's great to hear, so look through our stickes and get back to me on what you can do...
We mostly need modeling or model FIXING...

On the downside, I've been out of work since jan and fudns are running out... That includes money for net. So no promises I'll be around much longer. Eye Doctor the 6th also (cringe).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:18:07 AM by Star Dragon »
Busy busy busy, no time to talk, i\'m hitting the bricks and i\'m taking a walk.........