Author Topic: Voice Acting (for all roles related to RT/M)  (Read 25516 times)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Voice Acting (for all roles related to RT/M)
« on: May 14, 2007, 02:55:43 PM »
As of now all roles are not cast or even listed. If you want to post a sample for rough evaluation that's fine by me.

When the situation changes in regards to VA I will make note of it here on page 1.
When a VA has been locked for a role it will be noted on the list. A role will be discussed for change ONLY if a more suitable one is stumbled on. Once the script is done however, there will be no discussions on role changes.

I'll also be casting for Macross 7 related bits (for related vids and easter eggs).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Cast]
 ----

Captain Stephan Kramer: RogueAngyl (locked)

Dr Lang: Max Sterling (not locked, need confirmation)

"The Bridge Bunnies" Sammie Porter, Kim Fields and Vanessa Leeds:
Penciled in Lira for all three, confirmation in 6-8 months!

Captain Stephen Kramer and Dr Lang are tentatively taken unless someone specifically auditions for them.
Roy Fokker (30 Anglo, playboy) RDF Pilot [Freespace Gundam is penciled in as Roy]

[Earth Forces]

Captain Henry J Gloval (51 Russian) Commander of SDF-1
Claudia Grant (25 Afro-American, mother hen) SDF ops officer
Lisa Hayse (24 Anglo, serious) SDF flight officer
Maximillian Sterling (19, Anglo, laid back) RDF Pilot
Rick Hunter (15, Anglo, reckless) Civvie/RDF Pilot

Ben Dixion (18 Anglo, boastful) RDF Pilot

Typical RDF Pilot or Ship Operator (some open roles of one liners will be available if applicants are not suited to a main series character)

[Alien Forces]
Will Mostly be used in cutscenes or "open Mic" transmissions for the player's immersion.

Dolza (3000 Cycles, Supreme Commander)
Breeti (800 cycles, Commander)
Exedore (800 Cycles, Advisor)
Khyron (the Backstabber, 120 cycles, Warlord)
Azonia  (Meltrandi commander 120 Cycles)
Miriya Parino (Meltrandi ace pilot, Captain, 20 cycles)

Typical Zentreadi pilot or Ship Operator (same as RDF pilots, some open roles as one liners).

TBC...

Audition samples can be posted here or sent to me at stardragon1@hotmail.com

Something like: "Beta wing ready to launch", "Enemy forces in sector 14!", or even "Seriously, we're not getting paid enough for this !"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 12:40:22 PM by Star Dragon »
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

ModelsPlease

• Fleet Admiral OutaLance S
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 07:02:58 AM »
Well count me in, I did community theatre for years, took broadcasting and got my FCC license years ago. Plus while in college did MC and DJ work. SO anything ya need I can help.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 12:30:24 AM »
IF I can I will switch people in for the cast, but if I don't think they fit the voice I'll have them be support personnel.

Just upload some general pilot chatter and a dl link.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 01:04:47 AM »
Will be on this shortly... have some free time this weekend to do some recording then.

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 06:54:52 PM »
Sorry about the delay on all this.  Got wrapped up in some life problems in the last couple weeks.  But I'm back and alls well [well, not my bank account :(].  Need anything else let me know.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 08:34:40 PM »
Thought I'd keep everyone apprised here:

MP: Send me a sample or two of pilot chatter if ya want ;) (linky or mail I need to check my mail *runs*)

RA: I got your samples and was happily surprised at the amount of effort you did.

Were you aware that Brief 1 was a very passable Bruno J Gloval? (might need a little work like making it deeper and a slight more annunciation, but if you want it that role is yours...) :)

Brief 2 and leader 1 both sound relatively the same (?) so I'd like to have that voice as the "trainer" you get for Vermilion. After stuff happens That character either dies or gets promoted and Rick Takes over Vermilion as per cannon. You probably see him later for training on the Super Veritech (and other optional missions)

Leader 2 would be good in my opinion as a cap ship voice like Armor 2 (ARMD). Just cause it gets destroyed doesn't mean there aren't survivors that can be used later on. A good support voice I think.

I like Leader 3 as a good generic wingman/squad voice. - TBA later

Good job on the Zent test. Might want to go a touch easier on the echo(?) some words were hard to make out and bled together.

Pilot 1&2 sound like the same unsure newbie pilot that is fine for generic wingman. - TBA later.

SO all in all every voice type you submitted would probably be used for development.

Let me know about your decision on Goval, I debated on if it sounded more like him or Lang. Gloval has a heavier accent (as a Russian) and Lang talks a bit faster higher pitch than him (German).

Like they say in Starship Troopers, "IF you want it the Job is your until you get killed or I find someone better." ;)

Note actual script dev will be a long ways off still. Mission resources and game technicalities come first on priority.

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:59:34 PM »
You're the boss.  You tell me what you want and I'll do it, authors create, directors coordinate, and actors re-iterate after all.  I was actually going for the accent of a Gloval-ish voice (I say '-ish' as I need to re-review some of the dubs, and that was just a first pass I didn't rehearse it).  Pretty much everything I left for you was first pass material.  That was actually done with very little effort, as I didn't want to over work it without having a better idea of what you needed.  I just threw some blurbs together and took shots at them.  

Most of the work I did was just variations on the same theme, as you noticed.  The only thing I didn't do as a first pass was the Zentradi test, just playing around with possible settings.  But all in all, if you want to use those clips be my guest but when I get actual scripts (willing to assist if need be) I can bear down on it all better.  

I was just pumping them out fast, I know what it's like to operate on a schedule so I figure the sooner the better.  In the mean time, I would be happy to take on the Gloval role, as you said unless you find someone better (or I get killed, which I really hope doesn't happen too soon).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 11:09:21 PM by RogueAngyl »

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 12:04:09 AM »
Heh, it's just a figure of speech :nervous: anyway for a quickie that was pretty damn good.

Dont worry about a "scheduel" for now I just wanted to give peeps a chacne to send stuff in for consideration as thigns are kinda slow and it's not a bad idea to see if RT like voices are out there.

SO I guess we nailed down Henry J Gloval... Others to be announced later (TBA). I'll edit page 1.

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 12:34:18 AM »
Well like I said a few weeks ago, I really do have extensive performing background.  If I wasn't so bitter and pragmatic when I was younger I might have tried to make a career of it.  But hey it is what it is.  I'm just used to working on no budget projects (which I usually end up financing) and working until 5 am (when I have work at 7 am) making sets or costumes to meet deadlines.  Not having to work on a schedule is... odd, but refreshing.

Max Sterling

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 03:21:40 AM »
Well, I'll have a professional voice demo for you in a week or so, hows that?

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 11:56:28 PM »
No rush, I just kept getting mesages about VO so I thought I would go ahead and get a thread started to see what people post.

RA really surprised me! He def is our Gloval, and I want him for Captain Kramer (he'll be Vermilion leader for a while until plot changes stuff).

Kramer will be the Demo mission trainer (see he lost a poker game with Roy and got stuck with his newbie flight duty...) :D

Don't worry RA, I haven't forgotten you. It was just way too early for an actual implementation with all the mesh work that needs to be finished first. Plus I am having issues with new SCP versus older SCP (the post 3.6 is not recognized by 3.9 even doing as Mav suggested and taking out all those entries in the tables, same token errors listed. The token errors are false.

I'm not a coder, so I'm not going to bang my head against the wall uselessly. Please be patient. I'll have to definitely rebuild everything from scratch into 3.6.9 (or .10 by the time I get around to this). I knew for a while this was the probable outcome, but had been procrastinating for months.

Max, looking forward to hearing your demo though. I'll give my honest opinion as to how I think you compare with the cast. You going for your namesake or have anyone in mind?

Max Sterling

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 08:53:55 AM »
Well, I actually do a very good Russian accent, but if you have one already for Gloval then its fine. Really, as a VA I can do multiple voices and you probably would not be able to tell they were all me. I could probably nail Dr Lang if you actually need him for anything - my German accent is probably my best.

I did read that you might use voices from the show, which would be really cool-- except many of them are going to have music in the background which would probably be difficult.

Of course I'd love to be Max if you need me for him. I'd have to listen to him again, since his voice is more "normal" its harder to imitate than characters like Gloval with a certain pitch and accent.

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 08:32:16 PM »
You just put me where you need me.  I know I kinda jumped the gun on this and all, but I am plenty aware that there is much, much work that needs being done before my contribution to this project can be applicable.  I wait patiently.  

The truth of the matter is that I have not been on the GW pages in almost 2 weeks I think.  It's been a rather hectic last 2 months, between on and off fighting some bug I picked up, multiple trips to the state capital for conferences for work and the added work that goes with it, and I just broke up with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago too.  I've not had sufficient chance to do a lot of work on my SG1ED stuff either, so much reworking on that I just can't wait for the crap weather to come so I can barackade myself guilt-free.  

So anyway, I haven't taken the time to perfect my voices, but that won't take all that much work.  I'm sure by the time we come close to even worrying about it I'll be giving russian orders in my sleep.  I'd prefer to not give up any of my assignments, but if Max can do better than me on something then I'm all for it, as long as I can still contribute in some way.  You've heard my rough passes Star Dragon, it's your call.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 08:24:59 PM »
I'm screwing around with a new ARMD model (if it turns out better looking in game then it will push dev forward). Mainly for the demo you'll be flight instructor and take the newb from the ARMD and go through the controls then fight some drones (standard beginning) with some RDF flavor thrown in (modes).

MP mentioned he'd be MIA for a few months so mesh-wise some things have been suspended (unfortunate, but that's RL issues for you, my thoughts are with him though...).

RogueAngyl

• Spittin into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 08:54:18 PM »
Well just say the word and I'll start talking again.