Author Topic: Bios!!  (Read 3138 times)

M-562

• callsign: slipstream
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« on: May 04, 2007, 07:32:09 PM »
YEP LOVELY BIOS.

Talked to the chief about it and I didn't see a BIO thread so here it is.
The chief is planning on wiping the bio page. So If you like your old one plz say so here and anyone who hasnt got any or wants it redone post it here as well. ( Jeez I feel like chief or the cag or the wing XO hell IDFK)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
to hell with those walkin toasters! :D :D

«58th nukes for everyone.» http://sloganizer.net

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 01:50:26 AM »
Yeah, I should have probably mentioned that myself really, shouldn't I?

What I will do is keep the original bio page with me as a backup before adding the new bio page. That way if someone is really in need of the bio that was on the site, I can go hunting through the HTML until I find it.

But it still stands, if you want a bio for the website then go ahead and post it up here. I'll be sure to get them all together and put them on to the new page. As you can see from the old bio's, there is a certain structure to them. Images are optional, although only one picture per pilot.

I look forward to reading about the newer pilot's histories. And the old pilots I guess, if they have made any revisions :)

swiss gripen

• Major \"Lightning\" Bailey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/swissgripen
Bios!!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:10:18 AM »
Name and Rank: Major Simon Bailey

Callsign: Lightning

Birthplace: Picon

Flight Jacket: Viper Mk VII, Low Yield Ordinance, High Yield Ordinance, Small Arms Training, Raptor Pilot, Raptor ECO.

Bio: Simon Lester Bailey was born on Picon 30 years before the 2nd Cylon war, with a loving father and mother who were both from the colonial fleet navy. Bailey grew up on the various Battlestars and bases that his father and mother worked on, from the Battlestar Galactica to the Battlestar Atlantis. He was always seen around the flight pods looking at the various craft and begging for experience flights. Bailey got the call sign from his first flight in a raptor when the craft was hit by a bolt of lightning. Bailey then went on to get his viper wings, and now prefers to fly his Mk VII to the Raptor. After the exodus incident and the destruction of Pegasus he moved with the 58th to the Battlestar Galactica, but with the disaperance of the former cag, presumed lost during the battle of New Caprica, he was promoted to the rank of major and is now the CAG of the 58th Viper Air Group.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 03:41:14 PM by swiss gripen »
BAILEY:hoppingma

Major Simon “Lightning” Bailey
Commander of Air Group 58th viper air group
Battlestar Galactica BSG-75

Tee

• Callsign: FRAKTURE
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 01:40:04 PM »
Dude, how am I ever going to come up with something a cool as that? I need to catch up on some readin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~You don\'t have a SOUL ...You ARE a Soul ...You have a body!~ C. S. Lewis

zachary

• Callsign: Zachary
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 02:41:33 PM »
Name and Rank: Ensign Nathan Zachary
Callsign: Zachary
Birthplace: Scorpia
Flight jacket: small arms training, low yield ordnance, basic flight, MK II Viper training, MK VII Viper Training
Favourite ship: Viper MK II

Bio: Born on Scorpia 18 years before the Second Cylon War, Nathan was the youngest son of loving mother and father. His brother joined the Colonial Navy 2 years before the Cylon attack on the Colonies, and served on Battlestar Pegasus. Nathan decided to settle in Caprica City. There, he opened a small diving company, dedicated to exploring the seas and oceans of Caprica. On the day of the Cylon attack, he was on Cloud Nine travelling to Scorpia to visit his parents.

After the accident in Galactica hangar deck, which killed many experienced pilots, Nathan ensigned to be a Viper pilot. When Pegasus joined the Fleet, he was reassigned to be a part of the 58th. He also met his brother, who was a Raptor pilot on the Beast. After the second exodus and the destruction of the Pegasus, 58th was reassigned to Galactica, where Nathan still is Ensign.

[Whew, took me a long time to write it]
Ensign Nathan "Zachary" Zachary
58th Red Squadron

Angreifer

• View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 05:01:18 PM »
Name and Rank: Ensign Zach Hart

Callsign: Dagger

Birthplanet: Caprica

Flightjacket: Viper Mk II, High Yield Ordnance, Low Yield Ordnance, Small Arms Training, Personal Defense Training

Bio: Born to an unassuming family in Caprica City, Zach was raised to follow in his father's footsteps as a physicist. In an act of teenage defiance, Zach sought out the nearest naval recruiter when he turned 18 and signed up for officer candidate school to become a pilot. Finding he had a natural feel for flying, Zach scored high enough on his proficiency exam to be placed into Viper training.
The Cylon attack changed everything. Zach was on a routine training exercise when the Cylons began their assault of the Colonies. He and his squadmates were flying Viper Mk II's, a fact which later events proved to have saved their lives. As the training flight made its way to the nearest battlestar, the Pegasus, it was jumped by a flight of Cylon Raiders. Zach's instructor ordered the fledlging pilots to continue running back to the Pegasus, as he flipped his fighter around and flew to incerpect the Raiders in order to buy his trainees some time. Zach never looked back as he made his run for safety; as his skids hit the deck, he heard his instructor give a rebellious yell before his signal cut out in static.
Now aboard the Galactica, Zach continues to live with the memory of that fateful day. He has yet to completely recover from the shock, and punishes himself mercilessly for running like a coward rather than turning back to help his instructor, even though there would have been little he could have done. He continues to fly Vipers, although his flight style is now marked by a certain amount of recklessness, as he eagerly seeks glory and honor in order to redeem himself. The scars of the day the Colonies were attacked will take a long time to heal.

Shinzon

• Lt. SG \"Shinzon\"
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 07:17:57 PM »
i posted my bio a while ago and i know i saved it, but i think the thread was deleted. I know i saved it on my comp, but i can find it. Isn't there some kind of saved record, so that i dont have to type it all over again?

M-562

• callsign: slipstream
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »
use the search funtion on your PC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
to hell with those walkin toasters! :D :D

«58th nukes for everyone.» http://sloganizer.net

Smoker

• Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 09:18:18 PM »
Name: Tony Mann

Callsign: Smoker

Serial Number: 362754

Birthplace: Caprica

Flight Jacket: Viper Mk VII, Viper Mk II, Advanced Flight School, Raptor ECO, Low Yield Ordinance, High Yield Ordinance, Small Arms Training, Marine Training

BIO: Mann is an extremely talented Viper pilot. Accepted into flight school at the young age of 17, Mann proved himself a gifted and natural pilot, hampered slightly by his extremely aggressive and unconventional flight style. At a mere twenty years of age he entered War College finishing in the top 5% of his class four years later. Right out of school Lt. Mann was assigned to the Mercury where because of his ability in the cockpit he was chosen to attend attend advanced fighter training on Scorpio. It was here while on a routine training mission his Viper suffered mechanical problems needing to land quickly he landed on the Pegasus just before the Cylon attack. Mann's call sign comes from his habit of lighting up a fumarello cigar at every opportunity, once even during a flight briefing. His counterparts in flight school always gave him a hard time calling him "Smokerman" which soon became shortened to simply "Smoker".

Mann was born to Rear Admiral Victor Mann and Patricia Aldon of Caprica. Mann spent his life going from duty station to duty station. Feeling the need to follow his father at 13 he went off to The First Marine Academy in Delphi. There he graduated with honors before entering flight school. The Admiral and his wife were stationed at the Fleet Headquarters on Picon when it was destroyed. The loss of his parents haunts Mann greatly, but true to Mann family tradition, he keeps his emotions in check by forcing himself into his duties with the fleet. For as his father once told him "Take all the things that hurt and upset you, put them in a little box and never open it. This will allow you to do your duty when all hell is coming down on you".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lt. Tony "Smoker" Mann
Gold Squadron
58th Viper Air Wing

PsychoticShroom

• Callsign: Soldier
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 10:30:07 PM »
Name: Alexander Phennal

Callsign: Soldier

Brithplace: Aerelon

Flight Jacket: Basic Flight, Viper Mk II, Viper MkVII
Marine Certifications: Expert Markman Rifle , Sharpshooter Pistol, Advanced Infantry Tactics, Advanced CQB

Born and raised on Aerelon, Alex Phennal always had a keen eye behind any firearm and always loved to go shooting and camping. After graduating from high school he then enlisted with the Colonial Marines. During his career as a Marine Noncom, Phennal served with distinction and honor, earning the rank of First Sergeant before he was finally stationed on the Battlestar Pegasus. After the Cylon assault on the Twelve Colonies, Phennal, upon the discovery of his surprisingly natural skill in the cockpit and behind the flightstick, was chosen as a Viper Pilot candidate to help shore up positions opened due to combat losses. After completing basic flight and Viper training, he was then transferred to 58th VAW as part of the White Falcons where he was given his callsign of "Soldier" because of his background as a Marine. Due to the resignation of his former Commanding Officer, Phennal was promoted to the rank of Captain and is now Squadron Leader.

userfriendly

• Red 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mo.virtual-bunker.de
Bios!!
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 11:56:13 PM »
Name: Max Schiller

Callsign: Userfriendly

Flight Jacket: Basic Flight, Viper Mk II, Viper MkVII
Other certifications: Small arms, Advanced BBQ

Born on Caprica, Max' early life was rather carefree and unremarkable. Son of a scientist and a teacher, he grew up to be a nerd. As a student of Computer Science he was an admirer of the work of Gaius Baltar. However, before he could complete his studies, the Twelve Colonies were attacked and Max made it to the airport barely in time to get one of the last ships out.

During his flight training on Galactica he was nicknamed "userfriendly" by his class mates - because he was into software development before the attacks and his buttons are easy to push. For the most part however, he's a kinda folksy guy. Refuses to count his kills. Has a crush on Racetrack but won't tell (what a nerd).

He was put in command of Gold squadron rather for a lack of other, more experienced flight leaders than for his qualifications, but he tries to cope and make a deadly unit out of his squadron of young pilots. They are... the Gold Nuggets...! yay! *cough* :biggrin1:

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 12:48:54 PM »
Quote from: Shinzon;70768
i posted my bio a while ago and i know i saved it, but i think the thread was deleted. I know i saved it on my comp, but i can find it. Isn't there some kind of saved record, so that i dont have to type it all over again?

If you had the bio on a previous thread that has now been deleted, then it's gone for good from there. We gave everyone sufficient warning before we deleted the thread, I'm afraid.

Chief

Shinzon

• Lt. SG \"Shinzon\"
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 05:46:04 PM »
Name: Edward Duvall

Callsign: Shinzon

Flight Jacket: Basic Flight, Viper Mk VII, Viper Mk II
Other Specifications: Small Arms

BIO: Born in Caprica City, Edward Duvall was born into a happy family which included both his parents and his brother, Mark. His father was a lawyer, and his mother was working as a scientist, helping to develop better computer systems. They were a happy family, always taking care of each other, making each other laugh. But one day, tragedy struck at his mother's office. A group of Sagittaron terrorists, led by Tom Zarek, blew up the government building in which his mother worked in. It didn't take long for everyone in the family to realize that she was gone.

After that day, everything changed. His father felt he could not take care of his family, that he was too much of a weakling to take care of them. He started drinking a lot, and began regularly beating his two children. Finally, one day, he disappeared, never to return, leaving Mark and Edward alone. Mark, being the older, more responsible brother, assumed the responsibility of caring for Edward, still at a tender age of 6 years old, protecting him throughout his childhood, all the way to his adulthood.

But, like a bad cliché, tragedy struck again. A drive-by shooting left Mark dead on the floor, and Edward, still 16 years old at the time, was left to care for himself. Not long afterwards, Edward applied for the Colonial Military, where he received basic flight training in the Viper MKVI. He passed with high marks in flexibility while in the cockpit, responsibility while flying a military spacecraft, and good sportsmanship. When the Cylons launched their massive attack on the 12 Colonies, Edward was fortunate enough to be on the Battlestar Galactica. There, during their escape and their search for Earth, he was reassigned to the ranks of the 58th air wing, and is currently serving as XO of Black Squadron, where he has received additional training in the Viper MKII.

takashi

• View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 10:22:58 PM »
i hardly follow BSG (only seen it 5 times, 2 of which were re-runs). is it possible to write a different themed bio?

KypFisto

• Callsign: Gulo
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 11:31:37 PM »
Name: James Lupis

Callsign: Gulo

Flight Jacket: Viper Mk II, Low Yield Ordinance, High Yield Ordinance, Small Arms Training

Bio: Born and raised on Caprica, James Lupis was the oldest son of a lower middle class family living in one of the suburbs of Caprica City. At the age of seventeen, he began civilian pilot training and made a part-time job out of being a supply runner for the military base. Three years later, on a trip from Caprica to Geminon, he received word of the Cylon attack on his home. Everything and everyone he ever knew was dead, and there was no reason to go back. Luckily he was picked up by Colonial Heavy 798 and passed his time for several weeks after fixing parts and flying courier missions.

When word of the accident aboard Galactica killing many of the pilots reached Lupis, he volunteered to enter the training program. His combat style earned him the callsign "Gulo" which meant Wolverine in an ancient tongue. It was on Galactica he grew fond of flying the older Mk II vipers. When Pegasus was discovered, Lupis was offered a transfer and promotion to head a new squadron. He accepted under the condition that the entire squadron would be made up only of Mk II vipers.

Lupis served on Pegasus for over a year, including all the time he spent circling New Caprica, waiting for a fight while everyone else settled into a fals sense of security. Unfortunately, once the Cylons came back, his only orders were to stay with what was left of the Rag Tag Fleet and fly a CAP while Commander Adama and his father liberated the settlers of the doomed planet. With Pegasus destroyed and the fleet back together, Lupis went back to his first home on Galactica with the rest of the Airgroup.

(its just a tad different, Chief. If you can, use the same pic too.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 11:46:53 PM by KypFisto »