Author Topic: 58th AIR WING OFFICIAL TRAINING AREA  (Read 8450 times)

boomchoob

• Ens \"Boomchoob\" Cappello
    • View Profile
58th AIR WING OFFICIAL TRAINING AREA
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 03:05:54 PM »
this looks nice :D i wanna earn me some wings!

takashi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 04:15:21 PM »
im hosting a game right now, its not an official training session though.

ping: good-bad
mission type: tvt, all on green team except one.
objective: to coordinate strikes agains a singe target, with AI defending it.
game name: strike coordination

if you miss it, i'll have that same game up alot today. most likely in the afternoon if you miss it now.

edit: host modifie ships. so you dont all jump into raiders. there will be 2 sets of mtches: mk 2 mtches and mk 7 matches. the single red player gets raiders.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:01:10 PM by takashi »

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 12:37:21 AM »
you may have gotten over 100 kills in a single mission, but you also have to conider what difficulty your on and how many deaths you had before you ended the mission. 100 kills is extremely easy to get. But if you got your difficulty set to hard or insane, thats what really counts. I can name countless times I have gotten over 350 kills on only 15 respawns in the mission called doomsday, but did I have it on hard or insane? no.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:40:39 AM by [dw]-hunter »

takashi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 03:15:11 AM »
its been months and stil no one came to the training session >.<

Tee

• Callsign: FRAKTURE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »
I couldn't figure out where! I logged on at least five time yesterday, periodically checking to see if there was anyone out there....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~You don\'t have a SOUL ...You ARE a Soul ...You have a body!~ C. S. Lewis

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2007, 01:12:45 PM »
Where's the Major? I thought he was supposed to be organising the server?

[dw]-hunter

• View Profile
    • http://www.teamwars.org
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 01:05:55 AM »
if you guys ever need a host or want someone to play with, im almost always availble with the exception of tuesdays, thursdays and fridays from 9am-2pmish (PST) but im almost always home after 4pm (PST) on those days.

The Rictus

• Orange Squadron C.O.
    • View Profile
Back to the track
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 12:27:24 PM »
OK. First, and most importantly, to all of those who were really looking forward to getting their teeth into some training:

You have my utmost apologies. My family life got turned upside down for reasons I won't bore you with here. It's taken a year or so to get everything back into place and now I have time to dedicate to our wing once again.

OK that said and done:

The CAG has been very gracious in letting me return to my previous role as wing training officer. As before, I'm not looking to cheer people for how good they can shoot sh#t up. This is still about discipline and orderly combat flying.

Since things are a bit quiet round here, the CAG and I will be carrying out some private meets to discuss and develop some real tight training routines. Once that's done I'll be looking for a small number of volunteers to test these routines further. So if you're interested, post here.

Finally, this thread is a training thread, not a discussion of how much fracking killing you did out there. The first sortie you go on in BtRL Demo says it all. Are you that killcrazy nugget who went and got himself killed? If not, apply here!

Watch this space, people...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:40:23 PM by The Rictus »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Captain Richard \'Rictus\' Williams
Orange Squadron C.O.
Wing Training Officer

The Rictus

• Orange Squadron C.O.
    • View Profile
Server
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
OK

I have plenty of bandwidth now and servers running at my house (yes, yes, don't ask...)

I am going to look at setting one up to serve out BtRL games on a regular basis. Since training is on my desk too it seems sensible.

Now all I need is like a web-based console I can access to create games, and have games that automatically generate. If anyone has any ideas on that I'd love to hear!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Orange Squadron C.O.
Wing Training Officer

boomchoob

• Ens \"Boomchoob\" Cappello
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 03:05:46 PM »
i liked the no discipline fun flying idea as it attracts more people. and believe me few are "watching this space"

Elthis

• Callsign: Elthis
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 03:50:46 PM »
I'm still around.

Haven't heard of many others though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sometimes you gotta roll a hard six.

The Rictus

• Orange Squadron C.O.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 07:00:14 PM »
@ boomchoob

this is not mandatory, the original idea was that we would try to be a little more organised and make this something other than an arcade shoot-em-up. That kind of went with the idea of having 'organised' squadrons. Up to you if you want to take part, be something more than a score-builder? :)

and yes, I'm quite aware few people are watching this space, as I said myself. But you are! that's a start!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Orange Squadron C.O.
Wing Training Officer

phaolo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2008, 05:42:43 PM »
Hello, I'm looking for someone who is still playing this game online.
I've just finished it and wanted to do some multiplayer.
Anyone interested? ;)

phaolo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2008, 08:01:15 AM »
Oh perfect! So when can you play?
Let me know, bye

Spix

• Eclipse SQ Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2008, 12:26:33 PM »
Sup y'all!
For everyone of you having problems to find people to fly with I can recommend to things:
at first the "FS2 Net Games Viewer" (http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4885)
which creates on the one hand an online lobby where you can talk to people being online(which lacks in all FS2 mods and in vanilla FS2 as well) and you can check out if games are online without being into the game yourself. If you find on in the FS2 Net Games Viewer game roster, a simple double click on the server and your game is starting and joining this server....very useful.
Btw, [DW]Hunter who some of you know (and who is now called [FT]Hunter) is there quite often and always willing to support skilled pilots.

The second adress I recommend you is the growing http://www.majesticsites.net/bsgpilots/
, a multi game club side centred around BSG plus discussions around the TV show.
The most useful feature of BSGpilots for BTRL players is definitely the "Launchtube", a live chat where you can always find people to play with.

But I'm really happy to see the rebirth of the 58th Air Wing!:biggrin1::biggrin1:
Maybe I could join one of your training sessions? I'm not a bad pilot not at all(http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/6et3-2.jpg), PIES AT [FT]HUNTER, and maybe we can learn something from each other^^.

Let's get some games rolling m8s!^^
oh! and it's good to have you back Rictus! we havn't talked yet but I already heard from you!^^
Have fun and good luck mates!

Can\'t fly, must die!
-Colonel Christopher Blair

wanna join the Fighting 9th??
--->http://www.majesticsites.net/BSG9/enlist.htm

A place for all BSG lovers and BTRL pilot jockeys:
--->http://www.majesticsites.net/bsgpilots/