Author Topic: 58th AIR WING OFFICIAL TRAINING AREA  (Read 8256 times)

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
58th AIR WING OFFICIAL TRAINING AREA
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 08:47:06 PM »
This sounds like a good idea. Everyone knowing the same thing will make us all better, ready to act as one. Afterall, that's the point of a gaming clan, isn't it? Rather than just being a group of people with a tag at the beginning of their name...

The Rictus

• Orange Squadron C.O.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 08:46:17 AM »
OK Guys

I'm impressed with the kill tallies, but much like they tell the nuggets on BSG, the score isn't everything.

We're talking about working as an integrated unit, not a group of random guns. Random guns cause accidents, random guns get their wingmen shot down because they're more interested in how many stickers they can get along side their cockpits.
We will become an elite fighting force, able to work as parts of the whole.

We are a wing. We are Squadrons. Squadrons work like one body, with precise control not madness. The brain (Sqdrn Leader) either consciously or unconsciously controls his squadron during a fight. The other parts of that body either respond to signals, or instinctively know what to do. This puts the Squadron CO's in control. That in turn puts the CAG (or mission leader) in control. Then, when everything goes wrong and someone's in trouble, no-one comes home thinking "damn we could have saved them if we'd only been following orders, patrolling where the boss told us to, rather than chasing another kill".

THAT, ladies (are there any? hope so) and gentlemen is what we are trying to achieve.

I'm spending this weekend starting on formulating the first training sessions, so don't expect anything to get posted esp regarding a training session calendar until mid next week. Some of you are probably going to find some of early bits boring (formation flying etc), but the drill and repetition is the best way to learn. We'll get to the good stuff when we've all mastered the basics.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Captain Richard \'Rictus\' Williams
Orange Squadron C.O.
Wing Training Officer

The Rictus

• Orange Squadron C.O.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 08:53:57 AM »
OK that's the harsh version over with.

On the positive side, best of luck everyone, I look forward to handing out a lot of shiny wings!

But remember, the shinier those wings get, the harder you're gonna have to work for them :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Orange Squadron C.O.
Wing Training Officer

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 09:10:21 AM »
*points out that Chum had the highest kills in the sim* :lol:

RoadRunner

• Callsign: Sidewinder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 04:23:20 PM »
Quote from: The Rictus;70585
OK Guys

I'm impressed with the kill tallies, but much like they tell the nuggets on BSG, the score isn't everything.

We're talking about working as an integrated unit, not a group of random guns. Random guns cause accidents, random guns get their wingmen shot down because they're more interested in how many stickers they can get along side their cockpits.

We are a wing. We are Squadrons. Squadrons work like one body, with precise control not madness. The brain (Sqdrn Leader) either consciously or unconsciously controls his squadron during a fight. The other parts of that body either respond to signals, or instinctively know what to do. This puts the Squadron CO's in control. That in turn puts the CAG (or mission leader) in control. Then, when everything goes wrong and someone's in trouble, no-one comes home thinking "damn we could have saved them if we'd only been following orders, patrolling where the boss told us to, rather than chasing another kill".

THAT, ladies (are there any? hope so) and gentlemen is what we are trying to achieve.

I'm spending this weekend starting on formulating the first training sessions, so don't expect anything to get posted esp regarding a training session calendar until mid next week. Some of you are probably going to find some of early bits boring (formation flying etc), but the drill and repetition is the best way to learn. We'll get to the good stuff when we've all mastered the basics.

::Slowly Claps:: That was one of the most thought out, well written speeches ive ever read on these forums. Now i'm really looking forward to getting things rolling.

The Rictus

• Orange Squadron C.O.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 10:15:23 PM »
Why thank you very much - I shall now endeavour even more to make the training totally Top Gun cool :)

No tower flybys - OR admirals daughters please :biggrin1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Orange Squadron C.O.
Wing Training Officer

Mile5

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 10:26:35 PM »
Sounds good, looking forward to it. I'm wondering though, how will i see who is my squadron leader ingame? But i guess i'll see in training, if i stay patient. :squeeze:

M-562

• callsign: slipstream
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2007, 07:46:43 PM »
Quote from: Outlaw;70474
Don't mean to brag, but.. OK, yea I do. I'm braggin' :)
Got me 113 toasters. That's more then you get when you get married ;)
 And, there were a few left I would have probably killed to, but the game said
'Primary Objectives Complete' and ended the mission. Could have let me kill'em all..
Just to check - the last wings there were Optic, Papa, Range and Sierra, right?

And quasar, btw killed 122 YES, ok KARA u sure chum has a higher score?
btw wheres that cag guy two more times and he's gotto buy me a drink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
to hell with those walkin toasters! :D :D

«58th nukes for everyone.» http://sloganizer.net

swiss gripen

• Major \"Lightning\" Bailey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/swissgripen
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2007, 09:11:25 PM »
i have to buy who a drink!?
BAILEY:hoppingma

Major Simon “Lightning” Bailey
Commander of Air Group 58th viper air group
Battlestar Galactica BSG-75

Cpt. Ritter

• Orange 2: \'Fishbait\'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 09:32:43 PM »
Quote from: The Rictus;70585
OK Guys

And this is why Orange Squadron is the Firestarters. Look forward to it Rictus, IM me if you need any input.
Former 58th Air Wing Member

Lieutenant Jayne \'Fishbait\' Tyrum
Orange Squadron - \'Firestarters\'

M-562

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007, 09:41:19 PM »
Quote from: swiss gripen;70800
i have to buy who a drink!?

I meant the CAG from the game. He siad if I could pull that trick of 3 times in
a row he'd buy me a drink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

M-562

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 07:41:53 PM »
Sorry fr the double post but the edit button just dissapeared on me, I wondered if anyone would be able to host a lil game/training tomorow since I wont be there from Sunday to Friday. And Rictus I talked to the CAG and this was his idea so as long as it doesnt interfere with your own plannes I hope you don't mind.If you have any training from sunday to friday thats OFFICIAL, then rictus you'll have to give me a seperate training. Seems only fair right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tee

• Callsign: FRAKTURE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 09:22:37 PM »
I'll step up...I can either host or just be there. But the weekends are when we really all should be able to fly as a wing...let's do this!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~You don\'t have a SOUL ...You ARE a Soul ...You have a body!~ C. S. Lewis

Tee

• Callsign: FRAKTURE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 09:27:31 PM »
...btw, I'm -5 GMT...so I'll let you guys figure that one out and work around it...just let me know when showtime is and we'll slay it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~You don\'t have a SOUL ...You ARE a Soul ...You have a body!~ C. S. Lewis

The Rictus

• Orange Squadron C.O.
    • View Profile
Training Department
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »
To all pilots:

Slamscape is now the training No2 for the air wing, so any training questions can also be directed to him.

I am going to be out of the loop for a couple of weeks due to family issues. In my absence Slamscape will be working on the training sessions with input from me.

In the meantime I don't want to discourage the positive feedback with regard to wing training so if anyone wants to run a training session please note:

1. They will not be regarded as part of the official training roster, ie are not part of a course to get your wings, advanced wings, top gun etc.

2. Please plan a specific goal for the mission, even if it's just a dogfight practice eg do "all-on-one" then change the "one" for someone else, so everyone attending knows what's going on and gives the session some purpose.

3. Whoever organises the session will be the marshal for the session. You will be responsible for organising the pilots in-game and telling them what to do. It is your choice as the marshal whether you take part or just fly around monitoring the session, providing instructions etc.

4. The marshal will also be responsible for reporting back on the training thread about how the session went, what good/bad points etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Orange Squadron C.O.
Wing Training Officer