Author Topic: 2nd training sortie  (Read 4723 times)

Tee

• Callsign: FRAKTURE
    • View Profile
2nd training sortie
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 01:07:14 AM »
AHHHH! I wish I could have been there...I had another server malf at work...at like 1600 ET...just wish we had a USA session for us Staties.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~You don\'t have a SOUL ...You ARE a Soul ...You have a body!~ C. S. Lewis

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
2nd training sortie
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 06:23:13 AM »
Quote from: PsychoticShroom;70374
an issue that still needs to be resolved to know whom can host a game that everyone is able to see. I think this is partially due to the player's connection with FS2 and how "whacked" FS2 can get with running servers.

I've been looking for people who have the problem of visible and partially visible servers in order to track down the exact cause.

If you had a server that some people could see while others couldn't I'd like to hear from you.

The Rictus

• Orange Squadron C.O.
    • View Profile
2nd training sortie
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 06:47:14 AM »
I have to agree, that was a fantastically better training mission, and yes very much because of the centralised leadership and control of the session.

Soldier raised all the good points regarding comms. I agree about multiple channels but since we can't then never mind. Otherwise, I think it's up to people to use more strict radio behaviour. This includes responding to the flight leader's request - eg when the CAG said 'all fighters engage green2' we all reply in the affirmative with our callsign or flight number.

I have to say once again I have a crap excuse for underperforming last night - got really bad flu. I'd like to think well of myself for turning up anyway - I'm glad I did.

As to us all being on the same page in the flight manual - it's a good point Soldier and the CAG has already enslaved me to that destiny ;) - and one I take gladly. Watch this space...!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Captain Richard \'Rictus\' Williams
Orange Squadron C.O.
Wing Training Officer

Slamscape

• callsign: Slamscape
    • View Profile
2nd training sortie
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 03:41:01 PM »
If i remember correctly TS has option called Channel Commander, and you can set up a hot key to send communication to other channel commanders only.

userfriendly

• Red 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mo.virtual-bunker.de
2nd training sortie
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2007, 05:18:15 PM »
Quote from: Slamscape;70460
If i remember correctly TS has option called Channel Commander, and you can set up a hot key to send communication to other channel commanders only.

yes, exactly! that was what mile5 was talking about and that i couldn't quite remember.

let's try that next time :)

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
2nd training sortie
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 08:45:07 PM »
Good to hear the training sortie went well guys. Sounds like we're getting somewhere now!