Author Topic: TO DO LIST: The Ship List and Progress Reports  (Read 24569 times)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
TO DO LIST: The Ship List and Progress Reports
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 02:46:28 PM »
You've seen the basic ground skyboxes, plus there's no gravity.

How does that affect your view on the REF campaign? The space battles are msotly no prob and generic (find Invid, attack or get ambushed, mop up fighters and destroy enemy caps, RTB) repeat as needed.

To attack ground targets a near planet model would be needed then a red alert mission to cut to the ground one.  We can have some hives made (ouposts, and full hives)

That is the extent of how the REF would play. When I started this effort Twisted Infinities was still active and working on gravity (they even had some shots of bugs on an island) great backgrounds! It seems there is no activity at all and my inquiries unanswered so I am at a loss if anything can be recovered from that effort.

Now as for hosting models might I suggest this site?

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/9395790/e1522271/sharing.html?rnd=77

5gb of space and as you can see I have folders for several projects already.

It also tracks how many times a particular file is downloaded... That should tell you it's popularity

Don't get me wrong, I'm, not begging you to chain yourself to the project.
I'm just asking as long as you don't have any conflicts with MMO or something else that if you finish off anything please make it available to us as well.

On a side note there are a ton of models that need "cleanup", but I would rather have someone familiar with FS2 do that job as converting can be a real bitch at times.

If you can send me one of those turrets you made (I think you described two of them?) I can try to copy paste them all over the Zent ships I have now and make temp Fixed turrets NOW so they are combat capable instead of nice big green targets.

Granted I could do it with invisible cubes (and probably will start this weekend one ship at a time), something that the player will target and shoot at to disarm is preferable to a invisible gun or spot on the hull shooting at him.

If you have any input on the storyline or individual missions for REF or the Macross SAGA portions I'm all ears!!! I'll consider anything except what I mentioned in earlier stickies (like the ARMD arms, SDF2 on the moon ect... wrong continuity)

BTW do you have a small voice sample file? I'd fit you in if you want, was just curious to hear in case you might be better placed as a main instead of a generic char. One spoken sentence would be enough.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:50:28 PM by Star Dragon »
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

AncientAngel

• Reflex Weapon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.robotechmmo.com
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 09:05:31 PM »
Turret Models (untextured) sent to your hotmail account.

As for chaining me to a project, pssssh. ;) The RobotechMMO guys I believe would also jump on at some point down the road. Like we have all stated time and time again, us crazy RT fans want to see a playable game. In fact I would be willing to bet doing this would also benefit the RTMMO as well.

REF campaign I have some ideas.

Just how many ships can you cram into a mission? Is there enough scripting power to really do some detailed missions?  How good are the glowy FX's and all the little bells and whistles that can make you believe you are piloting say an Alpha fighter? Thrusters, reaction control thrusters, Port and Starboard lights, Landing gear?

Example: Taking off in a Alpha fighter inside an Ikazuchi and or Izumo etc... Respawning Invid point in order to possibly get around a ship limitation script issue, if there is one. And many many more.

Voice Acting, I have never done. Maybe in the future or in between models etc..

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 06:05:35 PM »
FS is more of Arcade shoot'em up with objectives...

have you played the BSg demo hosted here? Aside from the q-slide feature of theirs (I want to steal!) that's how it would basicly play and give you a good idea of the effects we can handle.

Oh and on a good system this is a cap ship battle (not teh ships range from 3k-12k each! a Full Fed on Cardassian battle recreating a DS9 episode, plus the Dominion thrown in. This does not count the fighters in the fight (a few thrown in)

Does that give you an idea?

Also it's too bad you never DL'ed the SCP earlier.
Because last month GOG now sells FS2 retail again it has to be stripped from the SCP installer so it will cost you $6.00 to DL the core game from their site and then install SCP over it if you want to play it.

Now it;s not a flight sim so realisim lie gear is limited. There are things that could be done but I am not going all out cause other aspects would suffer because of it.

Landings or take offs would be mostly hovered or cut scene (on those you can go all out).

We can have cockpits with people and controls and outside blinky lights. I prefer dark canopied empty planes for the most part with more detailed ones later on for custom stuff or as an optional addition.

I was working on a rainbow bridge for the pre-mission wedding bellls scene and other stuff liek fireworks (we have a blue one).

If you make hangars and keep the start ship relatively slow or stopped you can launch out of it fine.

We can fake launch NPC's via a spawn command and a path out of hangars like for arriving Invid clams.

For things like the Zent last battle we can have background with hundreds of ship images at a distance that gives the illusion of a Earth encircling fleet, plus good use of respawning with no warp visible and proper placement you could have maybe 20-40 actual caps in play with no slowdown on the zent side.

I had a problem once when 340 asteroids turned into fighters and I think the main slowdown was caused by all teh combat calculations and resolutions, weapon pathing and displaying ect...

Keeping the sides down to maybe 100 each might be feasible and have waves respawn unseen to appear to be part of the original force either launching or moving from the back to the front of the engagement area...

Things like that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 06:15:42 PM by Star Dragon »
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

AncientAngel

• Reflex Weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 11:19:02 PM »
That is what I wanted to hear and yes I did play the BSG, beyond the red line demo. Loved it until my system developed a black hole on my hard drive and ate it self. :yes:

Now with new system in tow, I am gearing up again.

This confirms the fact we should be able to do massive scaled battles if wanted. Most of my REF ships are under 4K. The Izumo is hitting closely to those numbers already with out all of the engines and fins. Sad thing is, I still have turrets and other detail I could throw at it. But then again, its a one of a kind ship which will more often than not be in the back ground.

Any chances for transformations? during game or can they be scripted to switch models during a mission? I am debating on tackling the Alpha & Beta fighter soon since the Izumo is close to being completely meshed in.

After that I may have to redo the invid side of things.

AncientAngel

• Reflex Weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 10:29:51 PM »

Just another bump in the road for the REF Fleet.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 11:20:28 PM »
Nice, I'll have time I will go through teh model you sent, I gave it a quick look through.

Next weekend first thing I'm focus on some files I promised to SS modders for their StarBlazers project. We won't get any on return, but maybe they can finish off the halfway done ones I have to benefit the Community later.

Right after that I'll get back to you. 99% of the time I do nothing during the work week.

AncientAngel

• Reflex Weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 12:28:21 AM »
No hurry man ..  I am just taking my time with this stuff.

ModelsPlease

• Fleet Admiral OutaLance S
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 03:01:35 PM »
I'm still around and yes I know I still have a few ships to get converted for you all. Great to see AA's new work.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 09:10:57 PM »
MP!!!! I wanted to get a hold of you but I didn't see you active on Dynaverse so didn't want to bother you! How are you?

Anyway I got a couple of MACROSS 7/Frontier meshes me thinks you will enjoy!

B7, Varja scout (untextured) Vf-11b (I altered the base textues, still need decals and small details), and a RAW vf-17

There's a new mod effort for HW2 called Macross Generations and they need help!
I bartered you vf-19's to help them and got the meshes I mentioned in return.

I figured it was a good deal and this would be a surprise for you. :)

(*) Reminder for viewers - The "test" mod is not a real mod, it's only a vehicle for displaying scenes for the fanfiction I write in which many cross-overs occur. RT is not mixed with Macross in any game format for release (purists don't have any coronaries...)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 06:24:42 AM by Star Dragon »

AncientAngel

• Reflex Weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 11:50:16 PM »

Slight up-date to the model over all. Tweaked the mesh for a few hours to get the proportions as close as possible. Yet handle future transformations but I still need to mesh in the hands and the shoulder sensor. Besides all of that, I to mesh in the other heads as well and the gun pod.

Current Poly Count 1580

AncientAngel

• Reflex Weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 05:02:06 PM »

Just need to add in some turrets and get to texturing one day.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2008, 01:00:30 AM »
I see you  on AA :)  Izumo looks great!

Anyway thsi weekend I'm booked, I'm taking a close look at the turrets next weekend. I gotta bust out some voice lines for B5 Earth-Civil War. I was sick last weekend and got nothing done. Cause of work I have no energy to do squat during the work week.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »
To head off any questions I may end up going away for a bit (unemployed).
Tried to file yesterday buy froze myself stomping up and down the damn listed street address (apparently they moved).

If anyone has ideas/leads in the Lancaster PA area, feel free to pm me...

intedge09

• View Profile
TO DO LIST The Ship List and Progress Reports
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2009, 11:21:09 PM »
OK I have just installed this mod but the problem I get is when people put their name and email in the mailing list box on store front page the details dont get added to the mailing list?

I have installed this mod before and it worked fine. I have double checked the install and database and everything is fine.

Can anyone help with this? or want to have a look for me?

Any help would be great