Author Topic: ...  (Read 4427 times)

takashi

• View Profile
« on: April 29, 2007, 02:14:01 AM »
i can see being banned form HLp, but an IP ban so  i cant download or even access the wiki/hosted sites is a bit harsh. i dont even know excactly what spam is, and dont even know proper forum conduct (there ought to be a readme or something on it).

i knew this was a bad idea when i first registered to show off my sub-par models.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 02:29:54 AM by takashi »

Unknown Target

• Bitchslapped by BTRL
    • View Profile
ok...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 07:01:03 AM »
Hallelujah praise the lord!

EDIT: Oh, and ROFL @ your face.
If you want your bugs fixed and features added, you gotta get us coders! See the help wanted thread if you want to help out!

Dodger

• TCB-CSS
    • View Profile
ok...
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 07:04:08 AM »

The Cylon Base

*signature by BoneZ

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
ok...
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 03:07:44 PM »
Quote from: takashi;69776
i can see being banned form HLp, but an IP ban so  i cant download or even access the wiki/hosted sites is a bit harsh. i dont even know excactly what spam is, and dont even know proper forum conduct (there ought to be a readme or something on it).

i knew this was a bad idea when i first registered to show off my sub-par models.

I very much doubt you were banned just because your models weren't good.

The rules for proper forum conduct aren't hugely different from those for normal conduct off the internet. You shouldn't need instructions on how to act on the forums unless you have a problem acting properly in real life situations too.

You should view every thread as a conversation between a group of people. If you continually interrupt them with stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand they'll get pissed off with you and tell you to go away. This is especially important when someone is asking for help with a problem. They don't want to hear chat about anything other than their problem until the problem is solved. They don't want to be given incorrect advice that will waste their time just because you want to be the hero.

You got banned because you come running into every conversation and demand to be the centre of attention. This is incredibly rude and would probably earn you a kicking in real life sooner or later. If you wouldn't do it in real life you really shouldn't be doing it on the internet.

Now it's obvious that you want to be part of the FS community and it's obvious from the way that you're trying your hand at everything from modelling to coding and FREDding that you also want to contribute. Both are laudable goals. You should definitely keep trying. But the way you're going about it is all wrong.

Pick something you feel you could be good at and practice it a lot. Ask for help if you need it but don't post the second you've done 10 minutes work and expect us all to worship it.

When it comes to the forums don't post every single thought that comes to mind. You don't do that in real life I hope so why do it here? Think about whether you really have something to add of value. For the first 6 months I was in the community I deleted half my posts before clicking the submit button because I realised I wasn't saying anything particularly new or useful on the subject. Try that yourself.

Fact is that you've acted like an idiot the entire time you've been on these boards. As a result HLP have decided that they've finally had enough of you. GW's probably not far behind either. If you really want to stay part of the community you'd better make a choice now to only speak when you actually have something genuinely useful to say.

CamInHead

• aka Roanoke
    • View Profile
ok...
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 09:04:25 PM »
Karajorma's advice not withstanding, as someone who learned modelling from scratch it's not a bad idea to keep you're very early WIPs to yourself though. The smartass' will just laugh and the good guys will simply say "ok, keep at it".

takashi

• View Profile
ok...
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 09:49:59 PM »
now that i know excactly what spamming is, whats trolling? (shoulda asked this WAY sooner)

Dodger

• TCB-CSS
    • View Profile
ok...
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 12:53:20 AM »
stuff you can read before you get banned  ;)

now serious...take Karas words as a good advice and don't drive them to ban you here too!
(i've got a bet running that it will be next week...you'd better prove me wrong!)

The Cylon Base

*signature by BoneZ

takashi

• View Profile
ok...
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 02:39:57 AM »
trolls are people who refuse to show who they realy are and instead make up a fake self to fit in? seems kinda normal too me...or just those paranoid people who tend to think the admin is president or something. as for me, im just fearful of unknown target.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
ok...
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 10:31:54 AM »
Trolls are people who log on to forums deliberately to cause arguments for no reason other than cause they like pissing people off.

frost

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • http://lightsabertemple.blogspot.com
ok...
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 09:13:20 AM »
Quote from: Unknown Target;69805
Hallelujah praise the lord!

EDIT: Oh, and ROFL @ your face.

hahahaha.

I actually laughed out loud, UT.