Well, no one really responded to some of the concepts we already had, so I wasn't sure how to react to that.
Now that it's clear you specifically want this to be a clean job, I'll be working on it.
EDIT: The messages.tbl is pretty straight-forward.
I do have some questions for someone who is familiar with the tbl though:
1) Will we replace the personas that are in the table already, or are we going to add in our own. From the looks of it, you can add as many personas to the list as you want, and I'm assuming you can get rid of the ones that are already there, and then you can just select them in FRED. Will it eliminate work if I just replace the existing ones?
2) Every single message has XSTR before the line. What does this refer to?
3) There is also a 4-digit number after the message. This is?
4) Both the comm anis and actual voice acting files will come later. Do I leave these fields blank until then?
5) There are many categories throughout the table. Are these simply for organizational purposes?
I have looked through the reference on messages.tbl in the wiki, so some of these questions I know the answer to. I would like confirmation, though.