Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: Colonial Rank Pins  (Read 1748 times)

KypFisto

• Callsign: Gulo
    • View Profile
ANNOUNCEMENT: Colonial Rank Pins
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:31:31 PM »
Okay pilots,

The following statement will clear up any rank problems/trouble you may have as well as provide you with any changes you need to make to your avatar. Military code dictated by the Articles of Colonization sets out the rank sets of all units in the Colonial Military. Seeing as we are only an Airwing, the ranks available are as follows:

Major:

The only one authorized to hold this rank is the CAG. Currently that means Major Bailey (callsign "Lightning")

Captain:

The only pilots authorized to hold the rank of captain are squadron leaders. Unless you have a billet as acting squadron leader, you must be a captain to be a squadron leader and vice versa.

Lieutenant:

Yes, that's right. Just Lieutenant. No SG, 1st, LE, SLE, XXL, XXX, or ROFLMFAO. If you are a full lieutenant you are most likely the second in command of a squadron. When the squadron leader is not around you have the authority of rank to mobilize your squadron in an emergency and/or help keep things in order.

Lieutenant Junior Grade (JG):

Pilots who are veteran to the AirWing and have proven themselves in combat but are not going to be placed in command or in second command of a squadron can be promoted to the rank of Lieutenant JG.

Ensign:

Bottom of the totem poll. Either you've just joined or don't currently have any other position than pilot. When you get enough experience and prove yourself to your superiors you can be upped to Lieutenant Junior Grade.

Chief Petty Officer:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/Kypfisto/BSGChief.jpg
The only person dignified enough to hold this rank is (you guessed it) the Chief himself. He is a noncommissioned officer who has been with this AirWing since its inception. He might refer to all of you as "sir" but you better damned well show him the same respect you'd show either the Major, myself, or any of your other superiors. He's definitely earned it.

Any other questions about Colonial military protocol may be directed towards me via personal messaging.

That is all,
Captain James Lupis
Star Wolves Squadron Leader
58th Battlestar Air Wing
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:09:50 AM by KypFisto »

swiss gripen

• Major \"Lightning\" Bailey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/swissgripen
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 08:38:16 PM »
god damn u xo, u beat me to it!
BAILEY:hoppingma

Major Simon “Lightning” Bailey
Commander of Air Group 58th viper air group
Battlestar Galactica BSG-75

takashi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:46:11 PM »
nice

KypFisto

• Callsign: Gulo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 11:23:01 PM »
I figured I'd jump on it to avoid further confusion (especially the Lieutenant conundrum that I highlighted there). What can I say, I'm a military protocol nazi :mad:

Slamscape

• callsign: Slamscape
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 12:59:05 AM »
Cool, Thank you for the pins

RoadRunner

• Callsign: Sidewinder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 01:44:47 AM »
Nice nice, i was getting sick of all the fraken questions regarding ranks. Glad someone cleared it up.

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 12:15:38 PM »
The ranks have been added to the site, with the pins there as well, so I think this can be un-stickied now, right?

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 11:31:02 AM »
Shoudn't this be stickied?

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 05:18:49 PM »
Considering that the information is now on the website, I don't see any particular reason to put it as a sticky. Of course, if the upper command tell me otherwise or do otherwise then I won't disagree.