Author Topic: Want to help? Join us here!!!  (Read 69488 times)

karajorma

  • He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5268
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #525 on: October 20, 2006, 07:55:48 PM »
Quote from: George Sorrell;44104
is there anyway I can donate money to the project? if so please one of the devs send me a PM.


Donations to Game-Warden help us keep a roof over our heads even if they don't go directly to the team :D

Scotchy

  • Polygon Factory
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 245
    • View Profile
    • http://snsdev.blogspot.com/
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #526 on: October 23, 2006, 01:35:14 AM »
Hola! Anything that I can do around here? I can model spaceships and build textures well. And I really dig Galactica.

http://snsdev.blogspot.com/ for some older shots of my rewibbled galaxy class. Note: that skin has been ditched since the Christies Auction images are online now.


I'm geeK

  • Call Sign: Nova
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #527 on: October 23, 2006, 03:02:38 AM »
That Galaxy looks very nice. Well done.

Omniscaper

  • Project Leader Insano
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2432
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #528 on: October 23, 2006, 05:34:57 AM »
[size=+2]Holy **** its Scotchy[/size],
the guy who's  Galaxy mesh inspired me to get involved with modding to begin with.

It all began for me with the conversion of his early Galaxy mesh from Bridge Commander to Freespace2 Open, over 3 years ago http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,27740.0.html


Dude, your reputation and work is well known to a number of us. I'd be honored if you were to join us.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:38:38 AM by Omniscaper »

Nothing_But_The_Rain

  • Callsign: \"Wolfman\"
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #529 on: October 23, 2006, 05:52:08 AM »
^ When Omni flips his shit, you know the guy's good :eek2:
The Gods shall lift those who lift each other.


I'm geeK

  • Call Sign: Nova
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #530 on: October 23, 2006, 06:03:44 AM »
tru that.

karajorma

  • He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5268
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #531 on: October 23, 2006, 07:32:34 AM »
Quote from: Omniscaper;44631
[size=+2]Holy **** its Scotchy[/size],
the guy who's  Galaxy mesh inspired me to get involved with modding to begin with.

It all began for me with the conversion of his early Galaxy mesh from Bridge Commander to Freespace2 Open, over 3 years ago http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,27740.0.html


Dude, your reputation and work is well known to a number of us. I'd be honored if you were to join us.


The funny thing is I was about to ask how this guy's Galaxy Class stacked up against the one you'd converted from Bridge Commander without realising it WAS the one you'd converted from Bridge Commander. ;)

I've also seen the quality of your ships and I'm more than happy to have you on the team :)

Scotchy

  • Polygon Factory
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 245
    • View Profile
    • http://snsdev.blogspot.com/
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #532 on: October 23, 2006, 01:18:14 PM »
YAY! I'm useful again!


Avenger

  • BMF
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Put me in coach!
« Reply #533 on: October 23, 2006, 11:59:41 PM »
Are you guys looking for beta testers?  I'm a Quality Assurance Database Specialist for a major billing company for independent telephone, cable, internet, and security companies.  One of my primary jobs is to test the software we develop.  Let me know if you need some help in this area.  Thanks.

Hunterbaine

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 44
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #534 on: October 24, 2006, 01:31:49 AM »
I can look at all the screen shots or trailers and drool all over my keyboard if that would be any help.:D
They may very well find me dead in a ditch someday, but by God they\'ll find me laying in a pile of brass.

RandallFlagg

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #535 on: October 24, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Hunterbaine;44739
I can look at all the screen shots or trailers and drool all over my keyboard if that would be any help.:D


I'm sitting here using either the work 'puters or the Wife's wishing I could do something, too. I had a digital orchestrator and was writing some sweet music a few years back. I'm sure I could do some variations to the thumping drums BSG score, but.....
No 'puter to do it with.
:(

Mark

  • BC Veteran
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
    • http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #536 on: October 24, 2006, 01:21:47 PM »
so this is where scotchy has been hiding himself... you finished that nebula yet? :naughty:

So anyways let me say re-introduce myself. I am/was a modder for Bridge Commander, I am experienced with texturing (particularly computer displays). I have also been teaching myself to map recently so im prety confident on simple models.

I have been around here before however real life caught up and i also go addicted to Bridge Commander.. however trek holds no interest for me any more (community seems to moan at everything) and I am really up for BSG.

so tell me what you need and ill tell you what i can do :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:31:56 PM by Mark »
Current Terror Alert:

Josh_88

  • Aerelon Viper Pilot
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 608
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #537 on: October 24, 2006, 04:05:08 PM »
Quote from: Avenger;44732
Are you guys looking for beta testers?  I'm a Quality Assurance Database Specialist for a major billing company for independent telephone, cable, internet, and security companies.  One of my primary jobs is to test the software we develop.  Let me know if you need some help in this area.  Thanks.


too bad, but they are beta testing using only the team's people. stuff awhile back got leaked and they dont want to take any risks that the stuff gets out before they have it the way they want it, plus it keeps us more in suspense if we have no idea what its going to be like.
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords
 
"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"


Avenger

  • BMF
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #538 on: October 24, 2006, 10:28:40 PM »
Quote from: Josh_88;44790
too bad, but they are beta testing using only the team's people. stuff awhile back got leaked and they dont want to take any risks that the stuff gets out before they have it the way they want it, plus it keeps us more in suspense if we have no idea what its going to be like.


Thanks for the reply.  It's to bad one person had to ruin it for the rest of us.  I think I would have been able to help out a lot and it would have been a fun little side project; however, you do have a good point.  I'm sure they'll do a great job and I will enjoy the game a lot more when it is released.  You guys rock for doing this!!!

Lithium

  • Cool under fire
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #539 on: October 25, 2006, 11:51:41 PM »
I realize that things are pretty much wrapped up.
However, if you need someone to do some promotional stuff, (wallpapers, sig pics, banners, avatars, etcetera) just let me know. Ref Link

I also edit audio via Audacity. Ex: Stripped Flesh and Bone

Also getting into video editing, but I think you guys pretty much have that covered.
A Leap Through Time - Short Story by me