Author Topic: Want to help? Join us here!!!  (Read 69304 times)

lexluther

• View Profile
Want to help? Join us here!!!
« Reply #480 on: September 16, 2006, 03:20:15 PM »
lots, Omni knows.

Unknown Target

• Bitchslapped by BTRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 16, 2006, 04:46:21 PM »
Why don't you tell us?
If you want your bugs fixed and features added, you gotta get us coders! See the help wanted thread if you want to help out!

SinKing

• Mayor Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 16, 2006, 06:03:34 PM »
Actually I was gonna appologize, because I went over the top on the Women thread. I was just letting go there and wrote without thinking too much. But one thing is for sure Unknown Target, you should never call anybody dumb you don't know anything about, except a few bad posts from a thread. I just got up on the wrong foot when starting that thread and I couldn't get into balance.
I was actually only curious if there were any women interested in this mod, because BSG is Sci-Fi and Beyond the Red Line is a computer game. Two things most women I know are not really interested in...but nevermind.

lexluther

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 16, 2006, 06:56:07 PM »
I was the designer and producer of the Rise of Kobol mod for BF2.  I have moved on due to conflict of interest and thought I'd come help my friend Omni.

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 17, 2006, 06:14:01 AM »
sweet ive heard a lot about the rise of kobol mod, hopefully you can help the team because i know everyone is dying to see it finished, and upset that we dont have what they need to help move it along haha
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

lexluther

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 17, 2006, 08:17:49 AM »
I'll do what I can to help, could a Dev pm me an outline on the status of the mod.  From there we could go into more detailed conversations.

cybercorey

• MK2 fighter pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cybercorey.co.nr
« Reply #486 on: September 19, 2006, 12:21:48 AM »
I'm willing to give up some time to beta test or something, just send an email to cybercorey@gmail.com :P

Unknown Target

• Bitchslapped by BTRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 19, 2006, 01:19:02 AM »
But one thing is for sure Unknown Target, you should never call anybody dumb you don't know anything about, except a few bad posts from a thread.

It wasn't just one thread. It was several threads here and on ModDB. Call me the grouchy dev if you want.

And anyway, Lex, set you a PM :)
If you want your bugs fixed and features added, you gotta get us coders! See the help wanted thread if you want to help out!

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 19, 2006, 02:28:08 AM »
haha cybercorey, we all would give up some time for beta testing, unfortunately for us, they are keeping it all within the devs haha. so we're out of luck. and UT is right, its been a combination of posts, not just one.

SinKing

• Mayor Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 19, 2006, 11:00:36 PM »
moddb actually asked me to come on board as staff writer, so either you or some of the guys at moddb must be badly in the wrongs. I do realize i have bad  days, but overall that's got nothing to do with stupidity, which is what somebody has who has a really low IQ, so you have to explain everything to him in detail, going even more into detail and finally having to spell it out to him or just forget about it.

Unknown Target

• Bitchslapped by BTRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 20, 2006, 02:03:42 AM »
Thank you for the lesson SinKing. This thread isn't the place for a banter like this, it was less than desireable of me to post my original reply to yours. However, I'd ask everyone else (myself included) to refrain from confrontation in this thread, which is for serious mod-related items only.

cybercorey

• MK2 fighter pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cybercorey.co.nr
« Reply #491 on: September 20, 2006, 07:59:45 AM »
Quote from: Josh_88;41000
haha cybercorey, we all would give up some time for beta testing, unfortunately for us, they are keeping it all within the devs haha. so we're out of luck. and UT is right, its been a combination of posts, not just one.

Well I would be happy to do other things like making stuff in 3D studio MAX 7 or just about anything. Just give me a call :P

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 20, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »
what they need most right now (at least the last i heard them say) was Freders if you can do that, message someone like omni or ut or some other dev and let them know

Unknown Target

• Bitchslapped by BTRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 20, 2006, 03:08:32 PM »
That's about right Josh :) The people we're looking for at the moment are FREDers, and we really, really need 2D and interface people. A modeler who can texture and import into FS2 would also be appreciated, although if you're good at modeling that'd be of good use too :)

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 20, 2006, 06:46:04 PM »
Problem with FREDders is that we have to give them access to everything. Which means that we're unlikely to hire someone new to the community as we have no real reason to trust them.

It's possible that we'd make an exception if someone really talented showed us something but given the quality of the team it would have to be very impressive. I'm talking about someone showing that he's at least as good a FREDder as myself or Axem when we're at our best.