Author Topic: Casting Call!! All Voice Actors!!  (Read 52071 times)

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
CASTING CALL!! ALL VOICE ACTORS!!
« Reply #465 on: October 01, 2006, 04:02:30 AM »
Quote from: ZildjianO0;41886
i was wondering, are you guys making the story first and freding missions around that?  or are you making missions and then connecting them with a simple story?
Or maybe even a combination?  I know you plan to mirror the series in terms of timeline. But with all new characters, how are you going to have them interacting in anything but comm chatter during missions?  Unless thats the plan, in which case neat.  Has there been discussion on what kinds of characters there will be?  More archetypal "plucky sidekick and tough no-nonsense flight lead" or are you striving for the complex, nuanced and conflicted characters of the show?  Nothing wrong with either... just wondering if the focus is on the gameplay and the story just fit over that to make it more fleshed out, or if you guys had a story you wanted to tell in BSG's universe and the game was your meduim?

Sorry, it's a secret;-)

What I CAN say is, EVERY aspect of the game is receiving special attention to detail and excellence.  That includes the story.

Regards,
Chris
Writer/Casting Director/Public Relations

ZildjianO0

• Capt. Earthworm
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 01, 2006, 04:24:25 AM »
D'oh, i got dodged!  And i was so careful not to ask for things like names or who dies at the end!  Seriously though, i was really only looking for insight as to the approach of creating the game, not what's IN the game.  I want nothing but surprises as soon as it's out.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 01, 2006, 08:26:45 AM »
Quote from: ZildjianO0;41886
i was wondering, are you guys making the story first and freding missions around that?  or are you making missions and then connecting them with a simple story?

We can answer this part of it at least. Story first, then missions. Doing things the other way around can very quickly lead to you FREDding yourself down a dead end road and then not being able to get out again without throwing away a bunch of missions.

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 01, 2006, 03:41:59 PM »
well handled, kara...that's what I get for answering questions exhausted late at night.

BSG73

• BSG73
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 01, 2006, 09:47:28 PM »
My first post here...

"Beyond the Red Line" appears to be shaping up very, very well.  Kudos to all of you that are involved in this project!  I look forward to playing.

I submitted some vocal demos for the game back in (I believe) February, and since that time I have changed ISPs and have a new e-mail address.  Unfortunately, in the intervening time I forgot all about letting anyone here know that (slaps self).  Is there someone who could let me know if I 'made the team'?  If not, no big deal.

Thanks!