Author Topic: The good and the bad  (Read 8441 times)

M-562

• callsign: slipstream
    • View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 07:10:12 PM »
Quote from: FOX2PRO;62144
So....whens the full thing coming out?

in the other movies like you have some other maps WITH galactica and basestars. So final question then I'll stop for now -> Will it take a very long time to finish the real deal or will you have it finished in a matter of months?
(thats uptil 6 MAX everything beyond that red line is very long)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
to hell with those walkin toasters! :D :D

58th nukes for everyone. http://sloganizer.net

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 07:13:10 PM »
We cannot make any deadline estimates for main release.  We have about half of the models we need, completed; the story is more or less done, but tweaking it to work with the mission structuring, writing dialogue scripts, selecting and recording voice overs, building and testing missions, adding new features like rendered cockpits...

...no, we cannot make any dealine estimates yet;)

M-562

• callsign: slipstream
    • View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 07:14:49 PM »
was worth a shot (off topic anyone got xfire?)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
to hell with those walkin toasters! :D :D

58th nukes for everyone. http://sloganizer.net

mprey

• View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 08:03:10 PM »
Don't know if this is actually a bug, or just 'intentional' but in the first mission after Basic Flight Training (the one with the asteroids), I get music at first but eventually (when the Cylons appear) it stops, there's just no more music at all and it's pretty...anticlimactic. As said dunno if it's a bug or whatever...has anyone else noticed this?

KypFisto

• Callsign: Gulo
    • View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »
I think I had music the whole time so it may be a bug, however I'm at work so I can't play the mission again to see what it does on my computer. I'll certainly check it later though.

TheFili

• Paranoid last CSS member
    • View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 08:41:40 PM »
Incidentally how did you get Nova killed?

To make sure: Nova is the one that makes your wingman comment: "And she was such a nice piece of ass, too", right? Well, I didn't intentionally get her killed (I'm not a cylon agent! ;) ).

When I'm off to find the lost pilot and the ominous raider already appeared, I get the message that she bought it.

If I'm not mistaken there are some Cylons attacking the Monarch in that stage, at least there were when I summoned my wingmen the first time to kill "Fractal 4". So I guess they just shot her down.
~Colonial Secret Service~
Ex perturbatio ad excidium.

My BSG vids:
http://www.youtube.com/TheFili

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 08:47:42 PM »
Next time try not giving orders to your wingmen to come help you fight Scar. :p

Imperator

• Imperator has conquered!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cylonbase.com/
The good and the bad
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2007, 08:54:34 PM »
I only have one bad: lag gives kills to other people, mucks up stats and shooting in lag means your opponent's hull doesn't get a scratch!
"Reality is Cylon technology obviously outstrips our own."

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2007, 09:09:21 PM »
Quote from: Imperator;62234
I only have one bad: lag gives kills to other people, mucks up stats and shooting in lag means your opponent's hull doesn't get a scratch!

We'll be making huge improvements to the multi code between now and the release of 3.6.10.

If you were to look up my comments on the multi code on HLP you'll see frequent rants on the fact that no one in the remaining FS2 community could be bothered to report errors with multi.

12 months ago there were 3 reported bugs in Mantis for multiplayer. Not cause there were only 3 bugs in the game but cause no one could be bothered to tell us of the problems.

If you guys tell us the problems we'll fix them. If no one bothers, we can't. I'm only waiting a little while for the honeymoon period to be over and then I'll start expecting the people who love the game to do just the tiniest bit of work to make it better. :D

TheFili

• Paranoid last CSS member
    • View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2007, 09:24:58 PM »
Just replayed the "BoaL"-mission a few times to get the situation right, and I had the chance to watch Nova die. (btw: forget my hallucinations about new raiders...)

She just drifted around the Monarch and the crater aimlessly, with low speed, and bumped into rock and/or the ship, so that's how she managed to kill herself. Told you it wasn't me. ;)

Another thing I have seen two or three times is that my wingmen in the same mission apparently try to shoot asteroids through the Monarch.
~Colonial Secret Service~
Ex perturbatio ad excidium.

My BSG vids:
http://www.youtube.com/TheFili

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
The good and the bad
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2007, 09:29:53 PM »
The AI has some... issues. ;)
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

Mjolnir2000

• Hammer of the Gods
    • View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 09:35:01 PM »
Quote from: DaBrain;62259
The AI has some... issues. ;)

At least we won't have to worry about it rebelling any time soon...
Which side are we on?  We\'re on the side of the demons.  We\'re evil men in the Gardens of Paradise sent by the forces of Death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I\'m surprised you didn\'t know that.
-Colonel Saul Tigh-

timbo1138

• View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2007, 09:44:36 PM »
Usually I wouldn't put that amount of chatter in a mission during combat but in the case of Birth of a Legend it was rather central to the plot.

Oh, you're absolutely right, I agree. It's done really well, and second time through I was able to follow it rather better. It's very, very authentic to the feel of Scar, you sure got that right. Brilliant job. :)
"There must be some way outta here,
Said the joker to the thief.
There\'s too much confusion,
I can\'t get no relief..."

All of this has happened before...

Fish

• Rook
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelivingend.com.au/
The good and the bad
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 09:47:32 AM »
Mmm, that campaign felt goood ^_^.

My 2c:

I think the amount of dialogue was fine - pilots will chatter and you might not hear all of it. It makes the pilot feel (realistically) less important than when all the dialogue is purposefully directed at you.

I think the briefing dialogue could be sped up a little. There were times where it felt too patient. The background noise was nice - maybe include more of it? I know pilots won't be talking all the time, but just at the beginning/end would be good.

There were a couple of typos around the place - if you want them hunted down and listed just ask me.

Some sort of intro/ending movie would be nice. Maybe a very cut-down version of one of the trailers (fast scene changes with rapid black crossfades all set to some taiko drums) would be good - of course with a link to the team's homepage included at the end along with the BtRL logo.

The installation instructions were simple enough, but could it be made that installation of OpenAL was automatic, or at least prompted by default? When installing most commercial games, for example, the user is notified that 'now installing DirectX 9, click OK or Cancel'. Unless it causes problems to people who already have it, it would remove a slightly confusing decision for FS2 newbies.

Also, a desktop icon would be nice, for the newbies. Including a file named 'fs2_open' is confusing, given that you've publicised the fact that it does NOT require FS2 (so why is it on my computer? etc).

Nonetheless, very impressed :)

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The good and the bad
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2007, 10:29:33 AM »
Your last two errors were basically caused by picking the wrong installer (or the right one far too late). They won't be repeated next time.

I'll be more than happy to get a list of typos or (if you know how) an edited mission file.