Author Topic: ATTENTION: Grey Squadron Sign in Here  (Read 5355 times)

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
ATTENTION: Grey Squadron Sign in Here
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 08:16:41 AM »
Here's the 'hounds' version. I've played with it some more, namely the fonts.. as much as my current time table permits - 10 mins between projects :)

swiss gripen

• Major \"Lightning\" Bailey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/swissgripen
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2007, 08:40:22 AM »
hows about grey tits ? u know... liek the bird?
BAILEY:hoppingma

Major Simon “Lightning” Bailey
Commander of Air Group 58th viper air group
Battlestar Galactica BSG-75

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007, 08:53:34 AM »
Quote from: swiss gripen;71373
hows about grey tits ? u know... liek the bird?

heh.. maybe we should avoid the word "tit" alltogether, if you get my meaning - not sure how many people
will be thinking of birds when they hear "grey tits" ;)
One thing I find appropriate with wolfs (or possibly hounds) is that they are a strong, cunning, and beutiful
species. But their strength doesn't come from a single wolf - it comes from their acting together as a pack.
Sort of like a fighter squadron..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 12:25:44 PM by Outlaw »

zachary

• Callsign: Zachary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2007, 12:26:24 PM »
Wow, this definitely rocks! But isn't word "gray" spelled with "e" instead of "a"?
Ensign Nathan "Zachary" Zachary
58th Red Squadron

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2007, 12:35:10 PM »
Quote from: zachary;71386
Wow, this definitely rocks! But isn't word "gray" spelled with "e" instead of "a"?

Actually, both versions are correct, but I just checked - "gray" is the U.S. version, while "grey" is the U.K. version. Since I'm situated in Europe myself,
I'd be inclined to changing it to the "grey" version, as you suggested.
However, I'm a bit pressed with work today, so I'll either do it tonight, or tomorrow. Still need to hear from Sparky, though - we can hardly decide on the squadron name and mascot without it's CO, now can we?
If we decide to go with this, I can make the signature versions for you guys, with the text offset to accomodate the name of the pilot, regardless of the gray/grey wolves/hounds version..
I also did a viper mkII in 3DS max a while back, fairly detailed too - about 3,5 million polys, though it's still waiting to be textured. Still, it would be cool to render it with the grey squad texture/mascot/pilot names on it..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 12:40:44 PM by Outlaw »

Sparky

• Purveyor of Insights
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2007, 08:34:46 PM »
So our mascot will be a bus?
:lol:
Sorry that I've not been very active of late.  The last of my finals are approaching, and I've been, how shall we say, "spazing".:shaking:

I like both of the concepts, although I can't say which I like more.  I'd like to see more finished versions of both before I decide.  I was a little worried about making two squadrons with the word, "Wolf" though.  Before, anyone could say "the Wolves", and everyone would know what they were talking about.  

I like the work Outlaw, and sorry, I'm too ignorant to have recognized the Monty Python reference.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2007, 06:08:18 PM »
Quote from: Sparky;71492
So our mascot will be a bus?
:lol:
Sorry that I've not been very active of late.  The last of my finals are approaching, and I've been, how shall we say, "spazing".:shaking:

I like both of the concepts, although I can't say which I like more.  I'd like to see more finished versions of both before I decide.  I was a little worried about making two squadrons with the word, "Wolf" though.  Before, anyone could say "the Wolves", and everyone would know what they were talking about.  

I like the work Outlaw, and sorry, I'm too ignorant to have recognized the Monty Python reference.

Not just any bus - it's Raymond Loewy's Greyhound - a bus that's considered to be one of the best designs of the 20th century. :)
Still, some suggestions - if we go with grey aliens, it's my opinion that we need a funny concept, as opposed to the scary one (as some people might not find it scary, but lame). A cartoon-style grey alien with a ray gun, something like that. Will whip something up in PS when I catch some time.
If we go with the wolf/hound thing, we shouldn't go for anything too complicated - a stylized, simplifed wolf/hound with some text, nothing too much. Too many details here will just deteriorate from the image.
There's also another word which can be associated with the word Gray - 'Ghosts'. Might be worth checking into. I'll try and do all the versions, when I catch some free time.

edit: as for the Python reference, don't worry about it. Still, if you like really good comedy, you might want to check out "Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail" - it's their first movie, and some say the best they've ever done.

zachary

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2007, 06:51:14 PM »
58th Red Squadron

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 11:41:38 PM »
Quote from: zachary;71626
If you want funny alien, Martin the Martian is my bet: http://www.acupofideas.com/images/cutouts/martin.gif
or this one: http://www.cartoon-secrets.com/Photos/Looney-Marvin-the-martian.jpg

That's great! I seem to remember one where he had some sort of a bomb.. you know, the cartoon round black one, with the fuse? If we could find him with that..

zachary

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2007, 08:38:14 AM »
Well, maybe it's not a bomb, but it's a ray gun!
http://tinyurl.com/yon3nz or http://tinyurl.com/ys7r7m or http://tinyurl.com/yqfffk
Oh, and it's Marvin the Martian.

(BTW, can someone tell me how to write something like "Here is the image" and when you click on "Here" you go to the image"?)
58th Red Squadron

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2007, 08:49:38 AM »
It's cool. Thing is, it's not a grey. Now, we'd need a grey in roughly the same pose. I'll try and do something in PS.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »
[ url=http://where ever ]Here[/url]

Just remove the spaces. If you see someone using a trick you'd like to replicate the quickest thing to do is just to quote a post and look at how they did it. :)

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 03:46:51 PM »
To create a link with some text, you write [.URL=enteryoururlhere]here is your text bit[/.URL]
Although without the full stops in the brackets.

EDIT: whoops, I'm obviously not focused at the moment. Didn't realise there was a third page and that karajorma had already helped you out :lol:

Sparky

• Purveyor of Insights
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2007, 09:26:22 PM »
Sorry to do this, but due to unforseeable events, I will be unable to remain a member of the 58th Air wing.  If this squadron still exists, I would like outlaw to lead it.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2007, 11:34:24 PM »
Sorry to see you go Sparky. I'll take grey lead - if there'll be a grey squad. Looks like we're down to 20 members, that means 5 squads. Until we're clear on this, I'll be acting CO of grey squad. Which is now down to two members.. kinda sad.