Author Topic: BSG 320 - Crossroads, Part II (SPOILERS)  (Read 23329 times)

KypFisto

• Callsign: Gulo
    • View Profile
BSG 320 - Crossroads, Part II (SPOILERS)
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2007, 04:29:29 AM »
Quote from: Star Dragon;60823

Now all I really care about is will they get to Earth safely and what time period is it?

Judging by recent developments I would guess sometime after the sixties. I could be wrong though.

Harrithika

• Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2007, 04:43:44 AM »
I would suggest if they are picking up a broadcast, they are picking up one of the original broadcasts from the 60s so that would have to put the time into the 2000s. Which would put them about 40 light years away from earth.

Edit: So they would be around 204195571392829 miles away from earth
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:49:54 AM by Harrithika »

Jacotto

• Petty Officer Weindling
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2007, 05:11:46 AM »
Is there an ionic nebula anywhere near 40 light years from Earth?

Also, potential 'escape route' for the kind of unfortunately outnumbered battle with the cylons: remember all the ships losing power, then regaining power? Theory: the nebula itself is knocking out their central power at regular intervals for some reason, the cylon ships are affected in the same manner, and the colonials somehow figure out a way of outmaneuvering the cylons during this period. However, this would not explain why battery-powered electronics would still be operational. Also, I would say that the music is directly related to the nebula, since it finally became clearest for the four of the 'final cylons' once they reached the nebula.

Note: In the zoom-out from the two vipers, a common shot of the fleet, then the cylons, then the galaxy is shown, at least heavily suggesting that since the viper was not only being seen from Lee's perspective, but instead from a third-party perspective that included other elements, Kara Thrace and her Viper are %100 real.

Also of interest: Roslin felt the disturbance or whatever just before power went out. Discuss?

Lastly, a question for anyone who has screencaps: What was the night side of NA like? Lights?

Draco429

• \"Eclipse\" Draco
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2007, 05:33:14 AM »
Holy waitaminute. If the Cheif really IS a cylon, then Nicky.... :eek2:
せいれんとかえります。できます。いたします。
Return with Honor. I can. I will.
-Eclipse

WMCoolmon

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2007, 06:25:10 AM »
Some thoughts:

• Tigh fought in both wars, but not only that, but apparently knew Adama for a long time.
  • The sequence of events seemed to be that Roslin got a headache, and then the other four...but Roslin was the only one who couldn't simply disappear as easily.
  • What about the episode where the Cylons were endanger from the beacon plague? Wasn't Tigh exposed to the disease as well?
  • Apparently, Baltar, Six, Roslin, Athena, and Hera all have shared vision experiences. And in the last vision, it looked like (for the first time) that Baltar and Six were actually sharing a vision with each other, rather than just with a shallow avatar of the other. (And with Hera? Or could it be another baby? Or was it with Tyrol and Callie's baby, if they're Cylons?)

GalacticasFinest

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2007, 06:31:50 AM »
I dont think this episode was as good as it was hyped up to be. However I did very much enjoy the final part of the episode where we get to see just how far/close they are to our planet.

I just hope that by the time they arrive to our planet the americans and the europeans have modified F22 and eurofighter spacefighter planes so we can join in with the vipers in the final battle of earth. :P

Also lets us hope that we have some advanced missle system that is able to attack those incoming cylon baseships. To give galactica the edge in battle she finally deserves.

On a personal note I am looking more forward now to the absolute final episode of the series. I have had enought of the filler episodes.

Lets get this epic final battle above earth going where we lay some smackdown on the cylons and welcome the galactica and crew to our planet.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2007, 07:12:14 AM »
Quote from: Axem;60797
You guys don't need spoiler tags if you're talking about the current ep. Its other peoples fault if they come into a thread thats about episode 320 and marked spoilers and gets spoiled.

They were optional till it aired.

Now they're not needed at all unless someone has a concrete spoiler for season 4.

Nuke

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/nukemod-cos/
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2007, 07:23:14 AM »
Quote from: Axem;60813
All Along the Watchtower by Bob Dylan

It's an actual song so any download links will be removed.

Also we only like 1 thread per episode so I'm merging this with the other Season Finale thread.

i did that song at karaoke once, how the frak did i miss that. oh and the hendrix version is better :D

they hid that well, seriously. even snuck bits and pieces of the lyrics into the lines.

as for not posting the song, frak no, its a matter of historical record, godsdamn youtube motherfraker

anyway, pure speculation:

the fleet jumped into a cylon nukefight and got caught in the emp resulting in electrical failures. when the show comes back in 2008 i bet we will see those basestars launching nukes at eachother. the 5 (now 6) boxed models, vs the other 6. the majority of the final 5 dont want to be fighting they just want to be who they are. they probibly are the ones who wanted the original truce in the first place. but then as power shifted to the more warlike cylons took over. the boxed models surely were not all terminated, but rather managed to gain access to their own military hardware. starbuck surely has something to do with that. its very possible im just talking out of my ass
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:44:39 AM by Nuke »
Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2007, 07:29:37 AM »
Tigh fought in both wars, but not only that, but apparently knew Adama for a long time.

Tigh has known Adama for about 15-20 years. We only have Tigh's word that he fought in the war, same as Athena/Boomer's alleged backstory.

Of course, according to Rapture, the Colonials who headed to Earth knew about the Final Five, suggesting they existed four thousand years ago, ample time for Tigh to join up with the Colonials.
Visit The Wertzone for all your SF&F Needs

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2007, 08:01:59 AM »
they were supposed to have served on the same ship during the first war, thats why he picked tigh as his xo when he got his command, also adama has attested to the horrible things tigh witnessed/experienced. of course i have no evidence just stuff i remember from past seasons.

assuming those 4 are the real deal though... that still leaves 1 we wouldnt know. and roslins vision with hera/athena/6 might be because of the hera cancer cure, maybe that tied them together somehow.
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

Nuke

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2007, 08:40:27 AM »
it could be entirely possible that they're not cylons at all. maybe they're just naturally sensitive to the frequency for some non-cylon reason.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2007, 08:46:30 AM »
There's always the "They're Lords of Kobol not cylons" explanation too.

AneurysM

• \'Draco\'
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2007, 10:12:46 AM »
when they started reciting the lyrics, I got chills :) ...btw, the cover version at the end was done by Bear McCreary's brother (Bt4)...

my theories and opinions?

-Tigh, Anders, Tori, and Tyrol are in fact Cylons, and because of their proximity to the nebula and their physiology, they're picking up transmissions from Earth. Why 'All Along the Watchtower' in particular (at least in-show reasoning) is beyond me. And why they would hear that in particular and no other transmissions... But I think only they can hear it because of their machine nature...

-Roslin...NOT A CYLON! as I have heard so many crazies on the skiffy boards claim she is one. I'm sure she'd share visions with Athena because of the blood transfusion from Hera. And I'm guessing the Chamalla is triggering them now. But what Six has to do with them, I really don't know...

-The Blackout: Sabotage? Seemed convenient when Baltar's supporters showed up to grab him while the power was out. Though, the problem with that would be, they've made themselves vulnerable in doing so. It's still a possibility though, unless someone else KNOWS what caused it??

-Starbuck: The biggest question I have... What is up with her shiny and relatively clean Viper??!

...2008 :(

I thought Lee's speech was great though, because it tied up all those inconsistancies about the pardon and pointed out how everyone else had been getting away with everything (which has been a huge complaint with a lot of people). Glad that was pointed out and dealt with.

And Lampkin leaving the cane and walking fine was awesome! :)

Harbinger of Doom

• Stargate & BSG Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2007, 10:32:29 AM »
Quote from: KypFisto;60826
Judging by recent developments I would guess sometime after the sixties. I could be wrong though.
Well...........
considering in the last seconds of the episode North America & South America were in their present-day positions........ and the lack of space stations and satellites............... most likely NOT present-day............. so you could be right.......... if its during the Cold War those Cylons are gonna be so screwed up by all the Nukes Russia & us Americans had/have. :lol:

-Starbuck: The biggest question I have... What is up with her shiny and relatively clean Viper??!
One word:

Wormhole.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:37:08 AM by Harbinger of Doom »

[SIZE=0]Thanks to Marden for the awesome sig![/SIZE][/font]
~~~~~~~~
Jack: How far away is Alaris anyway?
Teal\'c: Several billion miles.
Jack: That\'s gotta be a record.
*Jack hits the ball through the Stargate*
General Hammond: Col. O\'Neill, what the hell are you doing?!
*Jack screws up the swing*
Jack: I\'m in the middle of my BACKSWING!

~~~~~~~~

Nuke

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2007, 10:33:54 AM »
this whole season was about the fleet pulling itself out of the gutter which was new caprica. hopefully we will stop seeing flashbacks to that, theyre getting old.