Author Topic: BSG 320 - Crossroads, Part II (SPOILERS)  (Read 14677 times)

The Adventurer

• View Profile
BSG 320 - Crossroads, Part II (SPOILERS)
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2007, 03:21:18 AM »
Quote from: Jericho;60804
Jumping the Shark?  More like:
Hey, let's have the guys writing comic books write this episode of BSG...really, can't anyone stay dead?!

It seems to be less "not staying dead" and more "Never Dieing".

The problem with (mainstream Superhero*) comics deaths. Is that one writer offs a character, then a new writer takes up the title and wants to use that character so they do the resurrection thing. This was CLEARLY planned from the get go by the writing team. HUGE difference

*I hate people who lump all comics together. It's a MEDIUM, not a GENRE. Superheroes is a GENRE and that's where all the character resurrection jokes come from. That and Daytime Soaps.

Dukeman42

• The voice in your head
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2007, 03:25:37 AM »
Good lord you negative Nancies...people jumped to SO many conclusions when Starbuck's Viper was destoried, ignored the shot of her reaching for the ejection handle, ignored the fact that they showed the phantom heavy raider from LEE'S perspective...

And you people just need to WAIT for the explanation next season, instead of just screaming 'LAME' 'LAME' 'LAME'...*sigh*

...if you didn't know she would be back...well, that was just naive.  She's Starbuck.  Battlestar Galactica, if nothing else, is Apollo and Starbuck.

The Adventurer

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2007, 03:27:20 AM »
I still don't think Starbuck's going to be a regular any more. I'm fairly sure Stackoff wanted to go off and make movies. So I think her role is changing to suit that. It'll be a lot like Richard Dean Anderson and Stargate SG-1 now, with occasional appearances as needed.

Jericho

• 1st Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2007, 03:29:43 AM »
*I hate people who lump all comics together. It's a MEDIUM, not a GENRE. Superheroes is a GENRE and that's where all the character resurrection jokes come from. That and Daytime Soaps.
Actually, I happen to be studying comic books as a rhetorical form - I do know the differences but the resurrection happens with all comic books (television, movies, books) provided they are SERIAL.  Resurrection happens in serial story lines when they need major characters or fan favourites to come back or if a writer wants to write a storyline for them.  They could always have written a story that happens during their lifespan, they didn't need them to come back.
If yer gonna make a character appear dead, just kill them off.  That's all I'm saying.

Seyek

• View Profile
Anyone know the music at the end of the season finale?
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2007, 03:34:28 AM »
I was just wondering if the music at the end of the season finale is an actual song, or just a creation for the show, and if there was any way to download it. Anyone have any ideas?

AGNANugget

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2007, 03:35:00 AM »
Quite an episode. Well, we can look forward pretty soon to being able to bounce Vipers around the landing bay until January. :)
Will shall be the sterner, heart the bolder, spirit the greater as our strength lessens.

Axem

• MRRFR MRRF!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/axem/
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2007, 03:38:12 AM »
All Along the Watchtower by Bob Dylan

It's an actual song so any download links will be removed.

Also we only like 1 thread per episode so I'm merging this with the other Season Finale thread.

The Adventurer

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2007, 03:39:46 AM »
The word I'm hearing it is All Along The Watchtower, by Bob Dylan as performed by Jimmi Hendrix
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:49:37 AM by The Adventurer »

Angreifer

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2007, 03:44:23 AM »
I think a lot of people are jumping to too many conclusions, and I hereby refuse to do the same. :p We never really could be certain that Starbuck died, and we can't really be sure she's truely back "alive." Her Viper (where'd she get one if she ejected?) was coming in and out of dradis contact. Was it real? Was it a ghost? A spirit? Who knows. Plus, there's the whole deal with Caprica Six, Roslin, Athena, Hera, and Baltar seeing each other in the opera house. Was that even the real Baltar, or Head Baltar? How about Anders, Tori, Tyrol, and Tigh; are they really Cylons? How do they know they're Cylons? If they are Cylons, who's the fifth? There's a ton of questions, and as much as we can theorize (and I'm sure we will ad nauseum :D ), the only way we'll ever know for certain what the answers are is to try and restrain killing ourselves during the frustrating wait until 2008.

On that note, the best part of that entire episode to me was the last scene with Romo Lampkin. "I knew you were an honest man...unlike your grandfather." And then he walks away without a limp, leaving his cane behind, and Lee doesn't look surprised or outraged, he just has this calm look that says "Damn you're good." Absolutely beautiful scene. I sincerely hope we see Romo again, he is an amazing character.

KypFisto

• Callsign: Gulo
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2007, 03:48:34 AM »
Quote from: Seyek;60811
I was just wondering if the music at the end of the season finale is an actual song, or just a creation for the show, and if there was any way to download it. Anyone have any ideas?

...not to offend, but I'm kind of disappointed that certain people didn't recognize  the song. It's called "All Along the Watchtower" and it was originally played by Jimmi Hendrix but was written by Bob Dylan. The version you heard in the episode is not very similar to the original, but you'll find that out soon enough.

The Adventurer

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2007, 03:50:36 AM »
All Along the Watchtower wasn't the song Tigh and the other were hearing, was it? Because if so...that raises some questions

KypFisto

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2007, 03:51:59 AM »
It was but it was really really remixed to the point that you couldn't recognize it in bits and pieces. Even if that specific song wasn't, they sure caught onto the lyrics pretty quick.

Jericho

• 1st Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2007, 03:52:23 AM »
I'm just into the wrong era of music...that's all.  Rage rock, Irish folk, and organ music.
Other than Lee and Tigh flipping out, I don't think it was all that memorable of a season finale.  Actually, it quite didn't feel like a season finale, which is what irritates me the most.

KypFisto

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2007, 03:53:01 AM »
Quote from: Angreifer;60815
I think a lot of people are jumping to too many conclusions, and I hereby refuse to do the same. :p We never really could be certain that Starbuck died, and we can't really be sure she's truely back "alive." Her Viper (where'd she get one if she ejected?) was coming in and out of dradis contact. Was it real? Was it a ghost? A spirit? Who knows. Plus, there's the whole deal with Caprica Six, Roslin, Athena, Hera, and Baltar seeing each other in the opera house. Was that even the real Baltar, or Head Baltar? How about Anders, Tori, Tyrol, and Tigh; are they really Cylons? How do they know they're Cylons? If they are Cylons, who's the fifth? There's a ton of questions, and as much as we can theorize (and I'm sure we will ad nauseum :D ), the only way we'll ever know for certain what the answers are is to try and restrain killing ourselves during the frustrating wait until 2008.

On that note, the best part of that entire episode to me was the last scene with Romo Lampkin. "I knew you were an honest man...unlike your grandfather." And then he walks away without a limp, leaving his cane behind, and Lee doesn't look surprised or outraged, he just has this calm look that says "Damn you're good." Absolutely beautiful scene. I sincerely hope we see Romo again, he is an amazing character.

Agreed. Though, my favorite scene was when they start dictating the lyrics to "Watchtower"

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2007, 04:16:20 AM »
When they launched and you could hear the lyrics coherently for the first time I was like WTF Hendrix??? (yeah I know now it was originally Dylan).

So they're picking up a 60's broadcast or re-broadcast. (this type of element was also in TOS when the crew leaves the observation done JUST as the Apollo mission (Neil Armstrong) is landing on the moon and shown on the monitor.)

Now you know Earth is real (and we can see the North American continent)...

Now all I really care about is will they get to Earth safely and what time period is it?
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty: