Author Topic: Razor Webisodes Preview  (Read 28360 times)

Sharrpe95

• Commander
    • View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2007, 09:03:09 AM »
Aux fire control and secondary damage control I think. Tigh knew where they were going when he served on the Brenik. There was savage hand to hand combat and of the 75ish crew, only 20 survived.

Also, if the whole 5 kills = Ace, than what did Starbuck kill to become an Ace if she was a pilot in peace time. I kinda agree to what C!int said, why can't they both be considered aces? I dunno I'm really tired... night!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cl1nt

• Cheesy Oneliner, B1tches.
    • View Profile
    • http://frakturedreality.ismywebsite.com
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2007, 09:42:48 AM »
I dunno this C!int guy, but damn he sounds cool.
Or something.

There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality

CooperHawkes

• NippleNeck
    • View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2007, 12:30:49 PM »
as much as i agree about continuityerrors, bad cgi and a always whispering adama, doesnt anybody have to say anything good about the flashbacks?
its not making em better in any way, but here is what i actually liked bout the flashbacks:

-the difference in the uniforms design. not much (never change a running sys..design.seems plausible to me) but enough to make em look "older" than the one used in the series present.

-the last minute of the second flashback, where adama prepares to launch. it sets the mood and atmosphere just right. a guy that prepares to launch into a fight, after he saw his mauled girlfriend and injured crewmates.
(k, bout continuity... bonsai calls adama "rook" i think, but adama already has a namepatch on his viper, do rookies get that? wouldnt a guy that possibly shot some more enemies (4500 days of war!) call everyone below 5 kills a "rook"? (after all, bonsai trusts adama enough to let him do the "break,break,break"-maneuver to safe bonsais ass. i wouldnt trust a btrl-nugget in mp!)? cant have a look at the episodes atm, i cant remember exactly, but is there really a statement or circumstances that tell the viewer for sure, that this is adamas first mission, the kills are his first kills?)

-some of the cameraperspectives in the third episode seem to copy the style of TOS ("husker, bonsai, regroup and return" would be the best example), i like that

-cough, cough... i like the "deathscreams from columbia"-SOUNDEFFECT! not that you can hear it, thats plain stupid. why did everyone open his comchannel? to scream? but the soundeffect ITSELF made a shiver run down my spine.

-oldstyle basestars and raiders. 'nuff said.

-ah, just remembered one thing that really pisses me off. in the 4th episode you can see adamas viper spin on the y-axis from "afar", but in the "near-cockpit"-shots its spinning on the z-axis.

-we finally see how a cylon sees the world! and its done well! i like that very much, too (hmm... one of the "feauters that btrl doesnt need" can be scratched now, hehe).ok, the following episode destroys that, the cylons view looks different now and nobody can tell me, its because it was hit. :(

-the cgi animations may be bad (omni, cause you ranted bout that, have a close look at adamas face while hes fighting the cylon. so damn ugly), the  altered DESIGN of the cylon is good. it fits the new as well as the old series. and the rubber of its, erm... "outhanging underwear" (dont know the word) looks ... rubberish.if its not meant to be something rubberish, thats bad, but i dont think so. it just looks good together with the chromish rest of the cylon.

-after he destroyed the cylon warrior, theres a close shot of adamas chin, when he wipes the blood on his face away (my mate still believes, its the cylons oil), but after he wiped it away, blood is coming out of his skin again.if the actor wasnt hurt by accident, this is a very cool make up-effect.especially because its seen for just a second.

-would be fast response, but now we.. i, have the evidence, that the cylons declared armistice, because adama was about to find their "superweapon".they needed the time to finish the project, colonials seem to be a very hard enemy (4500 days!), so they decided to put down the plans for the present war and decided to finish the "superweapon" and have a sure win (what they almost had), rather of taking the risk of loosing the war.

-and finally i liked the last half of the last episode, how it connects to the mini by using the reversed zoom-to-galactica...
take me out to the black,
tell \'em i ain\'t coming back,
i don\'t care, i\'m still free,
you can\'t take the sky from me

...still waiting for the day when the military recruits their dronepilots out of a group of flightsimgamers...

Bogdan

• View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2007, 12:59:52 PM »
webisodes would be 20x better if war wasnt over after after that operation.

CooperHawkes

• NippleNeck
    • View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2007, 01:24:06 PM »
12 (earth)years of war with the enemy,now standing at the front door of your secret lab and the enemy knows, that this place is important to you somehow and then one of your enemies actually makes it into your secret lab. i'd do anything to cover that secret and have a chance to win the war by utilizing a much more efficient way: infiltration. you dont need a ressourceeating war if you can infiltrate the enemy, so why not declare armistice and take your time to finish your project?
i think the cylons were just one step away from being completely wiped out by the colonials (if not wiped out they would loose a vital war-winning installation) their only hope was the "superweapon" and they did the right thing, from their point of view, to protect it.
imo this was one of the things in the flashbacks that was done absolutely right.
what happened before should be changed, so it sure that this isnt adamas first mission and so on...
take me out to the black,
tell \'em i ain\'t coming back,
i don\'t care, i\'m still free,
you can\'t take the sky from me

...still waiting for the day when the military recruits their dronepilots out of a group of flightsimgamers...

StarSlayer

• Here comes the Fuzz
    • View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2007, 04:46:46 PM »
I think Bogdan means if they didn't throw in the towel after that operation that would have left it open for Adama to have been a Warhero instead of the guy who flew one mission and crashed his Viper.
"Exodus from Genesis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sparky

• Purveyor of Insights
    • View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2007, 06:04:43 PM »
Well, its possible that Adama flew peacekeeping missions later against pirates, mercenaries, etc...  where he scored more kills, but yeah, it does kind of suck that Adama doesn't kill more toasters.:sigh:

And as I've implied before, him beating the hydraulics out of that centurion is supposed to be a nod to the miniseries, where older Adama gets covered in blood while beating Leoben to death with nothing but a flashlight and a conveniently placed steam conduit.:D
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

Snagger

• View Profile
    • http://www.nickslandrover.co.uk
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2007, 06:53:08 PM »
Maybe the first webisode was establishing a relationship between Bill and whatever her name was, then webisode three happened much later...:doubtful:

Everything seems to fit except his remark in the first webisode - the others show him as a capable and aggresive pilot with his own ride, so maybe the timeline of the flashbacks is not as short as it seems.  Perhaps it was just his girlfirend that was calling him a rook as a hangover from when they first met?
something I do understand;)  : http://www.nickslandrover.co.uk

Wolfy

• View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2007, 07:41:16 PM »
well, seeming Adama was nervous about flying his first mission against the cylons, i think its safe to say its his start of the war...

Also, id like o think the 1st flashback was a while before the second, but it mentions Day duch n such, so i doubt it is
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2007, 09:01:22 PM »
I don't remember them making Adama into any Viper ace... he was simply one of the few who shot down a Raider on their first mission, which we have seen in the flashback. Even though the war was over, he had lots of time to become a great pilot (Lee was considered almost a celebrity in the miniseries, even though he never flew a combat mission in his life), and advance in the ranks. The Mark II they restored for the decommissioning was likely from this period.

Wolfy

• View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2007, 09:31:57 PM »
in the miniseries, either he knows its his old ship, not just any old mk2. Seeming it has his name and tail number i think it was. Then again, the miniseries viper could have been any of the vipers he usually flew during peace time.
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2007, 11:24:59 PM »
Quote from: Wolfy;84535
Then again, the miniseries viper could have been any of the vipers he usually flew during peace time.

Exactly what I was thinking, as stated above.

Shredder

• Fragging Toasters
    • View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2007, 06:42:56 AM »
Quote from: Wolfy;84535
in the miniseries, either he knows its his old ship, not just any old mk2. Seeming it has his name and tail number i think it was. Then again, the miniseries viper could have been any of the vipers he usually flew during peace time.

It's entirely likely that after the armistice, salvage teams were sent to recover and salvage whatever they could.  It's common practice for teams to remove weapons and critical systems on downed planes if the fuselage is to be left behind.

The most probable however, is it's the very same Viper he did the 1000th landing in, and was primarily his ship long after the events in Razor.  His stint on the Galactica was relatively short lived compared to the rest of his pilot career on other Battlestars.

I'm not sure if it was common practice for a pilot to take their ship with them when re-assigned or not.  Lee in the mini-series might have just been a special case, but at the end of Crossroads Pt2, he's flying the same Mk7 that he came to the Galactica with.  ;)

Destructor!!!

• View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »
It just looks totally different, lol. Blame the VFX dudes...

Enki

• View Profile
Razor Webisodes Preview
« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2007, 05:31:53 PM »
Quote from: Shredder;84560
I'm not sure if it was common practice for a pilot to take their ship with them when re-assigned or not.  Lee in the mini-series might have just been a special case, but at the end of Crossroads Pt2, he's flying the same Mk7 that he came to the Galactica with.  ;)

I would think it's unlikely pilots transfer with their ships.  Lee was a bit of a special case since he was only at Galactica on a visit to do a flyby and before the ceremony was complete there were no other units to go back to anymore.  Hardly a by the book transfer there.