Author Topic: Creating Game Problem  (Read 4710 times)

Intrpid

• View Profile
Creating Game Problem
« on: March 24, 2007, 11:43:51 PM »
When I create a game in FS2Net anyone can see it, but it appears on the FS2NET access point. This is because I'm using a router instead of a direct connection. The router has no restriction for any port or ip address, and this bug is well known since the beginning of PXO (I'm an old player of this game :P ). I was wondering if there might be any other fix for this bug than just making a direct connection to the internet.

Thanks

Intrpid

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Creating Game Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 12:15:22 AM »
You've kind of lost me. All game appear on the list of active games regardless of what you're connecting via.

Intrpid

• View Profile
Creating Game Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 12:44:34 AM »
Ok, I'll try to explain it again...
Let's see two common ways of connecting to the internet.
1) you have a PC, the PC is connected to a router and then the router is connected to a modem which provides internet.
2) you have a PC and the PC is connected to the modem without the need of a router.
Well.. in connection number 1 if you create a game nobody else can see it (but you still can join created games by others), and in connection number 2 everybody can see it and therefore join in your game.
I have connection number 1, but if I want others to play in any game created by me I have to change my connection to number 2 by unplugging and replugging to the new configuration. That's why I was wondering if there can be any fix to that, because this bug was since I begin playing Freespace 1 and 2 a long time ago when Paralax Online was still up and running.

(NOTE: the router doesn't have any block in any port)

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Creating Game Problem
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 06:20:33 AM »
Quote from: Intrpid;60932
(NOTE: the router doesn't have any block in any port)

You certain about that? Most routers have a built in firewall.

Second problem is often a software\hardware firewall combo problem. I know that I couldn't host online games till I defined a firewall rule in my software firewall to forward anything on UDP 7808 to me.