Author Topic: Introduce Yourself (Newcomers)  (Read 156072 times)

Thulius

• View Profile
Introduce Yourself (Newcomers)
« Reply #465 on: July 30, 2009, 11:30:09 PM »
Ok, so I introduce myself now.:)

I'm known as Impossible Uncorrect from the HLP Board and I give my best to speak in Englisch. I think I'm understandable but I'm german, so I surely got some grammar or word mistakes. Please try to understand me as good as you can.:o

Well, I get to Freespace very late (2007) when I get a german Gamemagazine. It was there avaiable so I get it and play it. It was like 5 hours playing and I was...excited. After playing it, I watched on YouTube some videos about the game and saw the SCP Graphics. I was wondering "How get they got their game look so good?" After a month I found it out. The SCP. Now, I'm playing most of the campaigns which are there, I checked some of the older ones (like "Enemies United" or "The Centaur Project") and then switched to the Procyon Insurgency, Silent Threat Reborn and the stuff you know all about.:D It was just great! I also use FRED2 very often.

Personally I'm learning a bunch of speech's like Englisch, Spanisch, French (Those three I have to learn in school) and also Italian (This one is actually more private and free) and I know some phrases in Latin. I play also a bunch of games, like Rome Total war, Civilisation III and IV Dawn of war and hope to play X3 Reunion. (I would love a FS Mod for that game!)
I like to write storys and read other ones, I'm very interested in History and Space or Lyrics as well. In real life I don't talk very much accept I'm feeling very very good or I'm feeling bad. (Yesterday my finger stucked between the lift door and the board.)

I'm sure you'll gave me help with my Englisch, so I would be glad if I could help you with your german, if you learn it. (One hand washes the other one, right:))

As far as I can, I'm trying to make some of my own ships. But  seriously...how hard is that?! I really honour your work! (I hope I'll be so good at some day.)

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me!

:cool1:
"Collossus, what happened?"
"I\'m not sure...I think someone pushed the wrong button!"

"Never, build something like that!"

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
« Reply #466 on: July 30, 2009, 11:51:48 PM »
Quote from: Thulius;118751
Ok, so I introduce myself now.:)

I'm known as Impossible Uncorrect from the HLP Board and I give my best to speak in Englisch. I think I'm understandable but I'm german, so I surely got some grammar or word mistakes. Please try to understand me as good as you can.:o

Well, I get to Freespace very late (2007) when I get a german Gamemagazine. It was there avaiable so I get it and play it. It was like 5 hours playing and I was...excited. After playing it, I watched on YouTube some videos about the game and saw the SCP Graphics. I was wondering "How get they got their game look so good?" After a month I found it out. The SCP. Now, I'm playing most of the campaigns which are there, I checked some of the older ones (like "Enemies United" or "The Centaur Project") and then switched to the Procyon Insurgency, Silent Threat Reborn and the stuff you know all about.:D It was just great! I also use FRED2 very often.

Personally I'm learning a bunch of speech's like Englisch, Spanisch, French (Those three I have to learn in school) and also Italian (This one is actually more private and free) and I know some phrases in Latin. I play also a bunch of games, like Rome Total war, Civilisation III and IV Dawn of war and hope to play X3 Reunion. (I would love a FS Mod for that game!)
I like to write storys and read other ones, I'm very interested in History and Space or Lyrics as well. In real life I don't talk very much accept I'm feeling very very good or I'm feeling bad. (Yesterday my finger stucked between the lift door and the board.)

I'm sure you'll gave me help with my Englisch, so I would be glad if I could help you with your german, if you learn it. (One hand washes the other one, right:))

As far as I can, I'm trying to make some of my own ships. But  seriously...how hard is that?! I really honour your work! (I hope I'll be so good at some day.)

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me!

:cool1:

:welcome t

your game interests sound suspiciously similar to mine... :D
Glad to have you aboard

Thulius

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53:54 PM »
Thank you very much!:)I also play CivCity Rome if you know that one. It is similar to Stronghold. (Which I played also.)
"Collossus, what happened?"
"I\'m not sure...I think someone pushed the wrong button!"

"Never, build something like that!"

Rodo

• stargazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 31, 2009, 12:50:04 AM »
welcome and yeah.. I remember you Impossible Uncorrect, glad to have you around here.

The Worst Noob Ever

• Stoopid No0b
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/oreoh8r2006
« Reply #469 on: August 09, 2009, 11:53:31 PM »
I R lurking no0b. I'm Logan, I'm new here. I'm the creepy no0b that lurks around, sometimes I'm just here, watching you from a window, staring at you... Right now I'm introducing myself, hopefully in an annoying fashion. I like punk, thrash, and rock music. A few of the bands I like are Green Day, Anti-Flag, Bad Religion, The Clash, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, Metallica, The Who, Black Flag, Sum 41, NOFX, Elvis Costello, Nirvana, Link 80, United Defiance, The Razorbax, The Offspring, and many others. I play guitar (I've got a Gibson Les Paul Studio Wine Red) and I sing. I write my own music. You can all call me stupid noob, obnoxious, random stranger, or anything you feel like calling me.

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 09, 2009, 11:57:11 PM »
Welcome

Wow, that is a pretty ominous name...

Rodo

• stargazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 10, 2009, 12:54:15 AM »
jajaja welcome to the worst noob ever ^^

hope you find yourself a usefull task around here or we'll boot you out :P

Novachen

• Flying supernova
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 14, 2009, 04:38:56 PM »
Heyy there,

i'm novachen, female, twenty-one years old and i came from Germany and live in Berlin for three years now (before i lived in trier, oldest city in germany, it is near the luxembourg border).
FreeSpace2 was my first videogame next to Need for Speed: High Stakes (this came with my first pc) back in 1999 and so it is my first videogame i've ever bought.
Maybe some older players remember me, i joined the official fs2 forums and the volition watch bulletin board back in 2000 with this nickname (it is freespace related ;)) aswell, also i played for the squadron of light and darkness ([sld]) from 2000 'till it's break-up in 2006 in FreeSpace2 (2000-2006) (since then only very rarely) and StarLancer (2000-2004) (never played it again after that) multiplayer.

I studied game-/graphic-design and game-producing (how i came to this idea is a different story *g*) for three years from 2006 until one month ago. For two weeks now, i work as a game-designer for a german game-developer (they didn't create any space-sim, yet) and my dream (possible in a distant future, like 10 years, i think) is to lead a game-project for an own action space-simulation (began to create a concept for the game four years ago) like freespace :)

I have FreeSpace2 in five different versions (i'm addicted, huh? *gg*). Next to the German and US Retail Versions from 1999 (i bought the US Version later on eBay) i also have both language versions of the dimension pack next to an european multilanguage rerelease low-cost version with three selectable languages (english, german and french) on dvd.
But i have never bought or played the original FreeSpace: The Great War. I played it the first time with FSPort and i don't like it so much as the second part.

I play FreeSpace2 mostly on Insane difficulty (it is the leftover from the multiplayer matches) with my Saitek X52 HOTAS. But i still have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 if i wish to play FS2 with FF :)

In the FreeSpace Community i create some textures and skins for ships and mods (don't remember the names *sigh*) and voice-acted some lines in campaigns back in the day and i supported the german translations for aeos affair, derelict and homesick (if i remember correct) a few years ago, too.
Also i wrote some fan-fictions about freespace a few years ago which were translated from my english squad-mates in english aswell, but i have no clue where they are... :( i posted and upload them on few freespace pages and it seems that i've lost them also after i delete some old folders a few months back.

In july 2001 i meet some other freespace pilots from the whole world on the "GTVA FreeSpace Convention" in paris (oh, i was only thirteen and it was very difficult to convince my parents and in the end we were only like 20 people, but i will never forget this :)),  i don't know if some of you where there, too.. if that so, i'm glad to see you again :)

After the VWBB and the PXO Forums went down, i only read the forums from sectorgame, game-warden, hard-light productions and a few (now offline) pages, but never registered, because i had nothing to say. :)

i think that was everything i want to say this time :)

See ya in space :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:47:54 PM by Novachen »
I was there, you were there and you should never forget it. GTVA FreeSpace Convention, Paris 2001!
FreeSpace Pilot since 1999 :)

My writing work (all in english and german):
Dark Abyss (2001) - What wll happen thirteen years later, after the neo-terran front come back in service... with the shivans, of course.
At the Edge of the Abyss (2003) - fifteen years after capella the GTVA have to face their annihilation again, and this time... there is no escape.
Fallen Angel (INFR1) (2006) - 32 years have passed since the capella supernova. the GTVA has completed their GTI Melia jumpgate in delta serpentis and reopened the jump node to sol... and fall in war against an enemy named earth alliance. Furthermore... what meaning have those damn strange readings in ross 128?

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
« Reply #473 on: August 14, 2009, 05:02:33 PM »
Wow, welcome to Game Warden! It's always a pleasure to see old members coming back! :D

I didn't know anything about the FreeSoace Convention - are there any photos of it? It'd be very nice to see them.

Also, I'm pretty interested on your Inferno-based work. How about it? :)

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 14, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »
Quote from: Novachen;119594
Heyy there,

i'm novachen, female, twenty-one years old and i came from Germany and live in Berlin for three years now (before i lived in trier, oldest city in germany, it is near the luxembourg border).
FreeSpace2 was my first videogame next to Need for Speed: High Stakes (this came with my first pc) back in 1999 and so it is my first videogame i've ever bought.
Maybe some older players remember me, i joined the official fs2 forums and the volition watch bulletin board back in 2000 with this nickname (it is freespace related ;)) aswell, also i played for the squadron of light and darkness ([sld]) from 2000 'till it's break-up in 2006 in FreeSpace2 (2000-2006) (since then only very rarely) and StarLancer (2000-2004) (never played it again after that) multiplayer.

I studied game-/graphic-design and game-producing (how i came to this idea is a different story *g*) for three years from 2006 until one month ago. For two weeks now, i work as a game-designer for a german game-developer (they didn't create any space-sim, yet) and my dream (possible in a distant future, like 10 years, i think) is to lead a game-project for an own action space-simulation (began to create a concept for the game four years ago) like freespace :)

I have FreeSpace2 in five different versions (i'm addicted, huh? *gg*). Next to the German and US Retail Versions from 1999 (i bought the US Version later on eBay) i also have both language versions of the dimension pack next to an european multilanguage rerelease low-cost version with three selectable languages (english, german and french) on dvd.
But i have never bought or played the original FreeSpace: The Great War. I played it the first time with FSPort and i don't like it so much as the second part.

I play FreeSpace2 mostly on Insane difficulty (it is the leftover from the multiplayer matches) with my Saitek X52 HOTAS. But i still have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 if i wish to play FS2 with FF :)

In the FreeSpace Community i create some textures and skins for ships and mods (don't remember the names *sigh*) and voice-acted some lines in campaigns back in the day and i supported the german translations for aeos affair, derelict and homesick (if i remember correct) a few years ago, too.
Also i wrote some fan-fictions about freespace a few years ago which were translated from my english squad-mates in english aswell, but i have no clue where they are... :( i posted and upload them on few freespace pages and it seems that i've lost them also after i delete some old folders a few months back.

In july 2001 i meet some other freespace pilots from the whole world on the "GTVA FreeSpace Convention" in paris (oh, i was only thirteen and it was very difficult to convince my parents and in the end we were only like 20 people, but i will never forget this :)),  i don't know if some of you where there, too.. if that so, i'm glad to see you again :)

After the VWBB and the PXO Forums went down, i only read the forums from sectorgame, game-warden, hard-light productions and a few (now offline) pages, but never registered, because i had nothing to say. :)

i think that was everything i want to say this time :)

See ya in space :)

:welcome t

Wow, you are the real deal. Glad you decided to register. We look forward to seeing what you have to say.

Novachen

• Flying supernova
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 14, 2009, 05:20:50 PM »
Quote from: Mobius;119596
I didn't know anything about the FreeSoace Convention - are there any photos of it? It'd be very nice to see them.

It was not a "Convention" in a classical style. it was more a meeting for freespace players over a complete weekend in a beautiful city. sure, there were a few with freespace2 preinstalled pcs at our location for a network match. but mostly was talking and spend time together :)

And there are photos :) But i don't know if there are still uploaded somewhere. but i have them on an old cd :)

Also, I'm pretty interested on your Inferno-based work. How about it? :)

It wasn't a campaign (i can't create missions with fred :( or better say, i never tried it after 2001 again, but there are too many good missions out there, so i don't need to learn it *g*), only a fan-fiction story that based on Inferno Release 1 (Ships, Stations, Weapons etcetera)

Wow, you are the real deal. Glad you decided to register. We look forward to seeing what you have to say.

Heyy, thanks for welcome me :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:27:20 PM by Novachen »
I was there, you were there and you should never forget it. GTVA FreeSpace Convention, Paris 2001!

Dark Abyss (2001) - What wll happen thirteen years later, after the neo-terran front come back in service... with the shivans, of course.
At the Edge of the Abyss (2003) - fifteen years after capella the GTVA have to face their annihilation again, and this time... there is no escape.
Fallen Angel (INFR1) (2006) - 32 years have passed since the capella supernova. the GTVA has completed their GTI Melia jumpgate in delta serpentis and reopened the jump node to sol... and fall in war against an enemy named earth alliance. Furthermore... what meaning have those damn strange readings in ross 128?

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
« Reply #476 on: August 14, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »
Can we see the photos? :D

Yeah, I read that "Fallen Angel" is a fan fiction... nevertheless, I'm interested on it. Any change of finding the MIA text? :)

Novachen

• Flying supernova
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 14, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »
Quote from: Mobius;119603
Can we see the photos? :D

Sure, i think the CD is somewhere in my flat :) i will look after it.

Yeah, I read that "Fallen Angel" is a fan fiction... nevertheless, I'm interested on it. Any change of finding the MIA text? :)[/color]

Allright. i don't know, i hope that i have it on one of my backup dvds. but at the moment i have no clue on which one.

Seeya in Space

peterv

• Veteran my ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 28, 2009, 08:33:17 AM »
Welcome aboard bpwork. Nice to meet you too :biggrin1:

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 28, 2009, 09:10:03 AM »
When someone new shows up, always check if they are linking to something.

That way you won't waste your time saying hello to spambots. :)