Author Topic: Signups for the 58th  (Read 14291 times)

Foundry

Signups for the 58th
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2008, 01:27:32 PM »
I'd still like to be a part of the squadron. I've been away from the board for a long time but I'm still very interested in being a part of the team. If you'll let me I can fly for almost any time so long as I'm not asleep! ;) Whatever's best for you guys.

KypFisto

• Callsign: Gulo
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »
Consider yourself admitted. As you've probably read, we're definitely not at full blown combat readiness but feel free to use the forums and community to get into or start some games.

Foundry

Signups for the 58th
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
Thankyou sir!

Foundry

Signups for the 58th
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2008, 04:14:14 PM »
If you PM KypFisto I'm sure he'll be able to find a place for you.

KypFisto

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2008, 01:12:18 AM »
Quote from: Angie1313;101775
Anyway I could join in?

Feel free to join in. I won't put you in a squadron under anybody's command quite yet, but feel free to get involved in any of the games going on or even start one for people to join if you so choose.

Comrade

• War is Peace
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2009, 09:30:03 PM »
I don't really know if you guys are active but I guess this is worth a shot - I'd like to sign up please. Callsign is simply "Comrade", I can be for 5-9 GMT weekdays. I'm relatively new but I'm sifting through FS1, FS2, BTRL etc.

KypFisto

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2009, 04:10:59 AM »
Right now the group is on hiatus as we wait for the final release. if you'd like to practice, feel free to contact anyone here and see if you can's schedule something, but as of right now we aren't holding any official practices.

Comrade

• War is Peace
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2009, 04:26:15 PM »
Cool, well you never know, BSG starts up tomorrow so there might be some renewed attention here.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 12:08:05 AM »
Quote from: KypFisto;110813
Right now the group is on hiatus as we wait for the final release.

You could always wait for us instead.

Ahem. :p

KypFisto

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2009, 01:43:51 AM »
I'll be following you guys just as closely.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2009, 03:32:34 AM »
And now you'll have to check the website again cause I just updated it. :p

Comrade

• War is Peace
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2009, 10:26:03 PM »
Wait so I understand btrl and Diaspora are seperate. Does that mean btrl isn't going to be made? What happened that got the team split? Is Omni still working on btrl? (I used to read these forums a while back)

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2009, 09:29:30 AM »
The split was due to creative differences that unfortunately couldn't be resolved. Neither side particularly wants to explain the reasons.

I know no more than any of the fans as to whether BtRL is currently being worked on or not,

userfriendly

• Red 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mo.virtual-bunker.de
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2009, 04:03:39 PM »
i guess i could spend more time to search the forums than the 10 minutes i gave it just now, but maybe someone is willing to answer these questions for me:

- which of the two teams has more people and which one of the games is closer to an actual release?
- will diaspora be like btrl or bigger, badder and prettier?
- might the 58th switch to diaspora at some point?

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2009, 07:11:23 PM »
Quote from: userfriendly;111072
i guess i could spend more time to search the forums than the 10 minutes i gave it just now, but maybe someone is willing to answer these questions for me:

- which of the two teams has more people and which one of the games is closer to an actual release?

It's pretty hard to answer any questions about BtRL as they haven't said anything on the subject.

You can find Diaspora's staff list here. Of those Ace, Axem, DaBrain, CannonFodder, Meleardil, Mr R, _Max_, Newman, Scotchy, Shiv, Starslayer, Turambar, Turey, Wanderer, Wildcard, WMCoolmon and Unknown Target are all former BtRL members.

As for release. We still have a lot of work to do. Since we can't be certain that a release critical team member might suddenly go AWOL due to real life issues we can't give a release date or anything. All we can do is keep posting the progress we've made on our forum and let you judge for yourselves how you feel we're doing. :)

- will diaspora be like btrl or bigger, badder and prettier?

We'd like to think so. :) Release 1 of Diaspora will probably be smaller than BtRL's first release was going to be because we'd rather release small releases once in a while than a big release when everything is done. We'll certainly be bigger and better than the demo though. :)

- might the 58th switch to diaspora at some point?

Up to you lot. You'd certainly be welcome to do so. :) You can always play both once both are out I suppose. :)