Author Topic: Signups for the 58th  (Read 13610 times)

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« on: March 03, 2007, 02:18:47 AM »
I mentioned in a previous thread that all the positions within the 58th had been filled. However, we still seem to be getting requests, something that I'm thrilled about. It was commented on that not all the pilots currently assigned a position have made themselves known recently, and also when thinking about the future it is always good to see that should a pilot drop from our Air Wing for some reason, there will be people happy to take their place.

However, focusing on the here and now, we have to say that we're closing our doors to applicants. We can hardly offer the spaces to people if we don't have the spaces to provide. Instead what will happen is this: People wishing to signup to the 58th Viper Air Wing should leave a message in this thread. I know this seems a lot like a previous thread that was created, but I believe we need a fresh start since the circumstances are different. I also know that last time I requested that no one should post that was already a pilot within the 58th. This time I really would like it to have an effect. Should any pilot that is already a member of the 58th decide to post in here, I'll have to go and ask Lightning to remove the post, so if nothing else just think about the hell he'll go through before thinking of posting your message...

This bit is really important for those wishing to signup:
If you want to put your name down as a reserve for the 58th, then by all means go ahead here. However, be aware that we won't be considering any other people unless there is space in the Wing. With that in mind, don't expect a response from us until we're in need of new pilots.
Finally comes the part about what we need. Unlike previous requests, we don't need anything from you at this time. So long as you make a post in this thread, we have all the information we need, namely your forum handle which will allow us to contact you by PM. If you would prefer, however, you can leave an email address and a note to be contacted via email in your post.

And now for the list of people wishing to signup for the 58th Viper Air Wing. This list is in order of signup to allow us to figure out who was first:
  • Smoke (moved to top due to previous assignment with the 58th)
  • Boomchoob
  • ShadowFoxx
  • Jonat
  • ApolloCAG
  • James Steel
  • LiMac (email provided)
  • gooselk (email provided)
  • Trance (email provided)
  • elitet3 (email provided)
  • Gryphon7 (email provided)
  • Tucker121

Chief
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:19:05 AM by Intrinsica »

takashi

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 03:07:42 AM »
i recently defected from the cylons. can i join?

Squirrel

• The Devil Is A Squirrel
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 10:16:37 AM »
Quote from: takashi;58536
i recently defected from the cylons. can i join?

Hmmm...a flip-flop member, without any post in our forum... :yes:

takashi

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 06:37:31 PM »
im neutral. i defected from both of you. now im on both sides.

just rait till you see the viper-raider XD

swiss gripen

• Major \"Lightning\" Bailey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/swissgripen
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »
ok seriously no one post other than people who want to join up this is a serious thread now :)
otherwise il just delete ur posts :)
BAILEY:hoppingma

Major Simon “Lightning” Bailey
Commander of Air Group 58th viper air group
Battlestar Galactica BSG-75

boomchoob

• Ens \"Boomchoob\" Cappello
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 03:28:28 PM »
lol this is the third thread ive posted in :P

Im BoomChoob i like raptors and my joystick is evil because its set up for IL-2 and sends my ship haywire in FS2 i have lots of flight sims and id like to join and learn to play space games (im a quick learner)

takashi

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 08:10:33 PM »
im serious. althought im a reserve pilot for every squadron who needs some-one good with interceptors....

Andreix

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 04:54:53 PM »
Hi all
Im Andreix and i want to join ... if you need extra info just say and ill send a pm
email is : andrei@karma.ro
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 05:08:48 PM by Andreix »

Sparky

• Purveyor of Insights
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 12:11:25 AM »
I'm a willing pilot with experience in WC(oh, and Microsoft Flight Simulator 95, not that that really matters).  Looking for a positon flying Mark VIIs, although I will accept a Mark II if that's all that's left.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

zachary

• Callsign: Zachary
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 09:24:10 PM »
Hi, I'm zachary, and I can't wait to fly with you guys! Hope there'll be a place for me. I don't have much experience, but I'm willing to learn :D
Ensign Nathan "Zachary" Zachary
58th Red Squadron

Avalon304

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 05:56:23 AM »
Hey, guys, names Richard, and I'd love to join the squadron.

FOX2PRO

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 06:30:59 AM »
I would like The Rictus for allowing me in. Lets go kill some toasters...

newman

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 10:27:45 AM »
Newman here. Wouldn't mind joining if there's an opening. Wasted my childhood playing games like Privateer, Wing Commander(s), X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-W vs Tie, X-Wing alliance.. So I might actually know what the hell I'm doing from time to time ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 10:31:02 AM by newman »

<X>

• Shivan Hunter
    • View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 02:57:39 PM »
name's X, ive been playing freespace ever since i accadently downloaded the exe version off of warez back in 2003 (long story, i'll explain at another time) ive got atleast over 1000 hours gameplay with the main freespace 2 campaign, beat it at least over 50 times on all difficulty levels. i wanna join the squad, i want to see if there are others out there who are as good as i, and then i'll kill them.
i'm best in a perseus, if need be i am an excellent bomber, i'm also highly skilled at out manuvering enemy pilots, especially around an installation or cruiser/corvette, give me a situation and i can handle it and survive. if you accept my request to join i will not let you down.

xfire: ixdashrendarxi

britcit3

• View Profile
Signups for the 58th
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 06:38:04 PM »
I am a British air ace that flew Spitfires in the Battle of Britain against those bloody Mesherschmitts back in the 40's.

Any room for an old pro, lads & lasses?

BC3