• Vengeance from Above
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 07:58:44 AM »
Name: Corran Halcyon

Callsign: Backlash

Birthplace: Caprica

Flight Jacket: Viper Mk II, Small Arms

Bio: Originally callsigned "Lancer" by squadmates (for his willingness to engage in head-to-head passes), Halcyon was among those scrambled to defend Caprica during the Cylon attack.  Disabled by the CNS virus and getting shot up by Raiders, he let his ship fall into the atmosphere before punching out safely.  After several weeks of scrounging supplies and fragging toasters in ones & twos, he found a group of resistance fighters and joined up.  Eventually, they were evacuated by Raptors from Galactica.  He was folded into the 58th since his old unit had been completely destroyed.

Halcyon also had the bad luck to be planetside when the Cylons occupied New Caprica.  Since downloaded toasters had identified him as a member of the old Caprican resistance, he was left loose for a short while before the Cylons imprisoned him and began to torture him in hopes that he had linked up with the new resistance and would give up information.  Actually, he had not yet connected with the resistance, but did his best to keep his interrogators guessing.

He was sprung from the detention facilities during the evacuation, and returned to the 58th with even more of a personal score to settle with the toasters - they kept him locked in solitary away from daylight for months, and the torture left him with a scarred face and loss of vision clarity in his left eye (fuzziness; he can see light and shapes, but no detail; his left eye is only good as peripheral vision).  Although he's adjusting to the vision impairment and has managed to hide it so far, he busted part of his requalifications in the MkVII, and in general his flying isn't as good as it used to be.  But for the moment he's safe, because that's true of a lot of pilots.

The quieter, no-life-outside-flying attitude he has fallen into since getting out made fellow pilots conclude he's not interested in much besides revenge, so they have taken to calling him "Backlash" now, which seems to suit him fine.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:20:35 PM by Backlash »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RoadRunner

• Callsign: Sidewinder
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 02:30:49 AM »
Chief just use my same bio wit same picture thats already on main page but obviously change rank to Lt instead of Lt SG since we are no longer using that.

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 12:29:04 PM »
Is there a limit as to how long should the bios be? I felt a creative streak, and I wrote a rather lenghty bio.. :)

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 12:43:49 PM »
There's no limit per say, but generally you want them short enough to keep people interested, and not long enough to become a best selling novel.

major_nike

• Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 02:32:53 AM »
Name: Simone Levy

Callsign: Nike

ID Number: 069258

Birthplace: Regulus, Leonia

Flight Jacket: Viper, Raptor, Low Yield Ordinance, Small Arms Training, Command, Viper/Raptor Maintenance, Free Fall/Ground Tactics,     Field Medic

Bio: Born and raised in a military family Nike knew from a young age what she wanted to do. She applied to the Caprican Flight Academy, both her mother and father attended there, getting in with ease. She passed basic flight her first year, and spent that summer aboard the Battlestar Solaria. After graduation, with honors, she applied for the Academy at Picon.

There, she studied command and combat tactics, specializing in free fall and normal gravity environments. Nike graduated with top honors, and a slew of commissions, including one on the Colonial Fleet Flagship, the Battlestar Atlantia. She declined that offer, and chose the commission from the Battlestar Valkyrie.

She flew under Commander Adama for 2 years on the Valkyrie, before his command was transferred to the Galactica. She stayed on, as did most of his pilots. During the cylon attack, she was waiting on Galactica, readying for decommissioning, before transferring to the Atlantia. As a senior pilot, she was allowed to invite 2 guests -- her mother and father.

While half of Galactica's pilots made their way back to Caprica for re-deployment, she stayed on the Galactica, readying to head to her month long stay with her parents on Leonia. They boarded Colonial 1, and she turned her back on the Galactica. During the rescue phase of operations, she was a back-up medic, as even her scant knowledge was useful.

When Colonial 1 jumped to meet the Galactica, she was picked up by the Galactica, and re-assigned to the 58th Wing, Red Squadron.
She currently flies Red 3.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:39:58 PM by major_nike »
Lieutenant Simone \'Nike\' Levy
White 2, and Squadron XO

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 05:53:41 AM »
Quote from: major_nike;72167
Name: Simone Levy

Callsign: Nike

ID Number: 069258

Birthplace: Regulus, Leonia

Flight Jacket: Viper, Raptor, Low Yield Ordinance, Small Arms Training, Command, Viper/Raptor Maintenance, Free Fall/Ground Tactics, Field Medic

Bio: Born and raised in a military family Nike knew from a young age what she wanted to do. She applied to the Caprican Flight Academy, both her mother and father attended there, getting in with ease. She passed basic flight her first year, and spent that summer aboard the Battlestar Solaria. After graduation, with honors, she applied for the Academy at Picon.
There, she studied command and combat tactics, specializing in free fall and normal gravity environments. Nike graduated with top honors, and a slew of commissions, including one on the Colonial Fleet Flagship, the Battlestar Atlantia. She declined that offer, and chose the commission from the Battlestar Valkyrie.
She flew under Commander Adama for 2 years on the Valkyrie, before his command was transferred to the Galactica. She stayed on, as did most of his pilots. During the cylon attack, she was waiting on Galactica, readying for decommissioning, before transferring to the Atlantia. As a senior pilot, she was allowed to invite 2 guests -- her mother and father.
Whilst half of Galactica's pilots made their way back to Caprica for re-deployment, she stayed on the Galactica, readying to head to her month long stay with her parents on Leonia. They boarded Colonial 1, and she turned her back on the Galactica. During the rescue phase of operations, she was a back-up medic, as even her scant knowledge was useful.
When Colonial 1 jumped to meet the Galactica, she was picked up be the Galactica, and re-assigned to the 58th Wing, Red Squadron.
She currently flies Red 3.

My word, do we have our first female pilot in the 58th? That's brilliant!

swiss gripen

• Major \"Lightning\" Bailey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/swissgripen
Bios!!
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 07:05:57 AM »
lol i know i noticed!
btw chief u need to change ur sig image to show viper air wing, so just get rid of the sqn at the end
BAILEY:hoppingma

Major Simon “Lightning” Bailey
Commander of Air Group 58th viper air group
Battlestar Galactica BSG-75

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 07:51:58 AM »
Thanks for reminding me, sir. One more thing to do this evening. At least that should be quick.

swiss gripen

• View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 08:08:48 AM »
gd gd chief, bntw chief u intrested in makeing new sqn logos?

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
Outlaw's bio
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 08:41:38 AM »
..it's a bit on the lenghty side, I'm afraid. Couldn't help myself; I suddenly had this story in my head and an urge to tell it.
If you guys feel that it's way too long, though, I might be able to - reluctantly - come up with a shorter version.. :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 10:13:29 AM by Outlaw »

swiss gripen

• View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 09:47:21 AM »
woah....

Intrinsica

• Deck Chief
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 10:16:22 AM »
Yikes! Well let me have a proper look at it, and I'll see what I can do.

As for the logos for the squadrons, I wouldn't bother asking me. My photoshop skills are limited, and certainly not good enough for squadron logos...

Outlaw

• Grey 1
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 10:38:47 AM »
I have photoshop skills, but currently I've got so much work to do I can't really promise everything. It is possible things might clear up a bit in a few days.. will let you know.

boomchoob

• Ens \"Boomchoob\" Cappello
    • View Profile
Bios!!
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 03:48:04 PM »
Name and Rank: Ensign Nick Cappello

Callsign: BoomChoob

ser 462753

Birthplace: Aerelon

Flight Jacket: Viper Mk II/VII, Low Yield Ordinance, High Yield Ordinance, Small Arms Training, Raptor Pilot

Bio: Born on Aerelon at age 15 ran from home to escape his drunkard father who regularly beat him, and took the first shuttle to Caprica. On Caprica he was adopted by a sympathetic rich Caprican family and was pretty much a good all round kid, at age 17 he was present at the decommisioning of the galactica without his parents and as he heard of the cylon attack on colonies he became enraged he went to the pilots locker room and found a fitting flightsuit, as he suited up a young pilot entered the room and asked what he was doing when he told this pilot the story of his life and how lovely his foster parents were the pilot took him by the shoulders and directed him to a naval flight trainer and has been training ever since that day. He is also the youngest pilot in the colonial fleet at present