Author Topic: You say you want to join us??? Read this!  (Read 15738 times)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
You say you want to join us??? Read this!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 10:29:09 PM »
.cob is the final format it needs to be in BUT if you can get it into .3ds  or .obj or anything BUT NOT .MAX,rhino or c4d (as I CANNOT access those normally)

I can then convert them to .cob if you can't.

Are you going to UV map/texture them also?

I can give you a sample of the hull textures (have you seen the Zent ships I posted in the Screenshot thread?).
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

crazyrobban

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »
3ds or obj is absolutely no problem!
Yes, I suck at texturing ^^ But I am willing to try!
If you dont want to post it here, you can e-mail me the texture at crazyrobban@gmail.com

I started messing around with the models yesterday and it became clear that I havent modelled in a while, but I'll be on my feet in a couple of days.

And btw. if you want the sphere-shaped parts of the turrets actually sphere-shaped, it's going to be a problem keeping them to a 200 polycount.

I don't know how detailed you want them, I'll do two or three different models with different LOD so you can choose.

One with 150 - 200 polys and a 200-400 poly one.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 02:41:04 PM »
1.) No rush, I'll get a sample of hull texture posted and whatnot.

2.) I got example meshes for you that might help. A total sphere is not always needed, sometimes a hemisphere will do. I will dig them out in a day or two.

(I mostly do mod stuff on weekend I just got home from work and about to pass out)... I check modding boards and pet projects as soon as I get in the door in case critical info is up.
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

crazyrobban

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 10:21:07 AM »
I used a Geosphere with the hemisphere atrib. checked and it did give me an ok drop in polys. I'm at work right now so I can't post the pics.

The low-poly one is now 230 polys. I'll see what I can do to trim it further but it wont look pretty :/

If you have that texture handy please send it. I know what you mean, I'm also more or less near death when I get home from work. =P

unsungx

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 09:16:23 AM »
[/IMG]
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/unsungx/Grayscale_001.jpg[/IMG]
My name is David Tancon.  Star Dragon you tracked me down from CG society.  I have a modelled and textured VF-1S  10,000 polys, Zentraedi Battle Pod w/ top mounted laser rifle, 9000 polys, and a 11,000 poly helmeted RDF pilot.

The VF-1s has been modelled so It can transform.

I've been a modeller for a year now, just finishing my program in Game Art and Design in Vancouver, CA in June.  

Big Robotech fan and would love to help your team out.  E-mail me at my hotmail if you want to see Rendered Jpg.s

dtancon@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:24:10 AM by unsungx »

D.plosy

• View Profile
    • http://tierussianwoman.w-ru.com/
You say you want to join us Read this
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 04:11:36 AM »
Due to a high number of spammers recently attacking this forum I have put an immediate stop to new registrations.

If you are a genuine visitor and want to join our forum, please email me with your IP address your ISP will help with this, your email address, and the user name you wish me to create. You will find details of how to contact me on the main website. Do not use the messaging system of the forum as I cant perform the necessary security checks that way, use the main website home, youll figure it out if youre genuine.

Security checks will be made on ALL requests before I can consider you genuine. If you are genuine you will understand why we need to do this.

Many thanks.

The E

• His Majesty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 07:49:05 AM »
Errm. You can do this? Who are you?
Proud member of the Blue Planet, Project MULTI and FreeSpace Upgrade teams
Second-in-command of the HLP support ninjas.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 06:56:53 PM »
Very interesting as since this project has beenon indefinite hiatus (and now cancellation, as I had a complete HD failure and lost 90-95% of the data), the easiest way to stop spam attacks on THIS section of the forum (such as the above message) would be to Disable Posting Entirely on this section...

Both new threads as well as replies.

I had PM'ed Matt about that around 2+ weeks ago.
I would have blocked it myself but my mod powers were removed a while ago, no worries...

Regards to all...

Star Dragon - (Maybe in a year or two will try again, but for now I need a lot of time away from things...)

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 11:56:05 PM »
Ouch, No chance to recover the data, I suppose?

It would be a shame to let it die... Especially after the promising results of the various trailers: I was growing a liking to the zentraedi ships...